Windows 10: Admin Log-in Confusion - Win10 - Want to be me, but not admin.

Discus and support Admin Log-in Confusion - Win10 - Want to be me, but not admin. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I understand that always being logged in as administrator can leave me open to unsavory intrusions into my computer, etc. But I haven't been able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by hotzy, Dec 2, 2018.

1. hotzy Win User

Admin Log-in Confusion - Win10 - Want to be me, but not admin.

I understand that always being logged in as administrator can leave me open to unsavory intrusions into my computer, etc. But I haven't been able to find an answer to this simple question: When I log in to my computer, choosing MY profile which is listed as administrator (mine being the ONLY user profile), am I automatically logged in as an active administrator? I want to be able to access files, and my desktop setup, etc., but not be logged in as administrator until prompted when I need that access to install/delete programs, etc., or when I choose to log in as such. (If I create a new user profile, accessing MY files wouldn't be possible, right?)

If I am not automatically logged in as administrator, where can I look to check for said status?

:)

hotzy, Dec 2, 2018
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Dec 2, 2018
  3. Feedor Win User
    Win10 multiusers, can't log admin account, user account changed as admin

I have created a new admin account - the last one - starting with p.

I observe the following:

The first admin - the first on the list, starting with A - is the one I can't log in, but can run apps with its password.

I see that although both are administrator passwords, the first one is HomeUsers while the newly created is Utilisateurs (Users in English).

• So they are different, what about UAC???
    • Should I modify admin p from Users to HomeUsers so that it's identical to admin A??
    • When it'll be done with p, can I delete admin user A without consequences?

Thanks

Admin Log-in Confusion - Win10 - Want to be me, but not admin. 3b249fa8-c1fd-4419-abd8-0b463108fc68.jpg

Feedor, Dec 2, 2018
  4. Solaris17 Win User

System Admin Shenanigans?

No problem chief its pretty simple to do but usually a multi stage process.

Create an admin account using the control panel.

Then log out and log into the new admin account so windows builds it.

Then log back out and log into the super admin account your currently on.

go into your user directory and copy all of your primary user folders copy everything [CTRL+A] and copy them via right click and copy.

then go into your NEW user account and paste and allow overwrite of all the folders and files.

after it is done log into the new account and make sure everything is working correctly. if it is go to your super admin user account folder and delete all of your private data pictures documents etc.

then open up a command prompt as administrator and type the following

net user Administrator /active:no

and hit enter.

Solaris17, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Admin Log-in Confusion - Win10 - Want to be me, but not admin. - Similar Threads - Admin Log Confusion

2. No access to admin rights while logged in as admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No access to admin rights while logged in as admin: I have only one account on the computer, the administrator account, and i cannot access/change anything that requires administrator permissions. Any solutions that i have tried to search up results in not being able to even try the solution in the first place because i dont...
  3. No access to admin rights while logged in as admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No access to admin rights while logged in as admin: I have only one account on the computer, the administrator account, and i cannot access/change anything that requires administrator permissions. Any solutions that i have tried to search up results in not being able to even try the solution in the first place because i dont...
  4. No access to admin rights while logged in as admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Cannot log into admin.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot log into admin.: Cannot log into administrator on my pc. I cannot downloads any drivers updates and pretty much can't do anything on it. Does anyone have a solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-log-into-admin/439d4e4f-6eb8-495f-855b-e0ff853f8d66
  6. Logged in as admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Logged in as admin: I activated the admin account, but then my cat stepped on it and turned off the computer. if i turn it back on, it immediately loggs in as admin where the only thing i can do is try to turn on sound, which doesn't work. i have rebooted the thing severel times and come up with...
  7. Help duplicating admin/user log in - Win10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Help duplicating admin/user log in - Win10: Would this work: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...ng-copyprofile Edit - actually reading again it seems very complicated either way!... 147361
  8. Application logs for non-admin user win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application logs for non-admin user win10: Hi all, I am using windows 10 machine and wanted to view application logs for non-admin user. But currently, when looking into event viewer I don't see any logs getting generated for non-admin user. Is there a way to do this (setting some registry or global policy)? Thanks....
  9. Admin account and logging in

Admin account and logging in: I have a family computer that I wanted to "take ownership of". I logged in (I had the password) and tried following some directions for changing the user ID. I ended up deleting all the users, including the admin user. The computer stopped responding at all. The pointer...
  10. Win10 Admin

Win10 Admin: Problem. Win10. Trying to delete a file, i'm signed in and it tells me i'm an Admin. However when I try to delete, it says I need permission from admin? under my profile it shows me as Admin. At one point I used to get a pop up box asking for the admin password, that...