Windows 10: admin login

Discus and support admin login in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; i changed my user preference from admin to standard user. now i am unable to log in using admin id and password .Any one have soln to this issue.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Prashanth KumarA, Apr 24, 2019.

1. admin login

i changed my user preference from admin to standard user. now i am unable to log in using admin id and password .Any one have soln to this issue.

:)

Prashanth KumarA, Apr 24, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Apr 24, 2019
  3. Locked Out of Admin Account

Hello Linda,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account?
    2. Which version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    3. Is the other user account an admin account?

I suggest you to try using the on screen keyboard at the login page and check if you are able to login to the PC.

1. At the login screen click on the
      ease of access icon at the bottom right hand corner.
    2. Click on the on screen keyboard to open it.
    3. Type the password and try to login.

If you are using a Microsoft account, I suggest you to refer the article on

how to reset your Microsoft account password

However, if you are using a local account, then I suggest you to refer the article on

reset your Windows 10 local account password

Note: While performing these steps, there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 24, 2019
  4. admin login

admin login disappeared

Hi Barry,

You may not be able to access the options to perform the above method due to the local user profile status.
    Enable built-in administrator by following the steps below, create a new administrator user profile and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: Enable built-in administrator account.

• Open elevated command prompt by entering Safe mode with Command prompt.
      To go to Safe mode, use the power button on the sign-in screen and press
      Shift (key on the keyboard) + Restart. This will take you to the recovery boot menu. Click
      Troubleshoot> Advanced options> Startup settings.
      You then see a list where you can choose Safe Mode with Command prompt.
    • Type the following command: net user administrator /active:yes to activate the built-in administrator.
    • Login into the built in administrator user profile and create a new user profile with administrator privileges (steps given below).
    • Then lock your screen by pressing Windows key + L keys on the keyboard and sign-in into the
      Administrator account.
    • Disable built in administrator account by typing the command:
      net user administrator /active:no
      in the Command prompt (Admin).

Step 2: To create a new administrative user account
    follow the steps below:

• Open Elevated command prompt by pressing Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Command prompt (Admin) from the context menu.
    • Type net user NewAccount password /add and click
      Enter
    • Type net localgroup Administrators NewAccount /add and click
      Enter.
    • Log off from the system and login to the new user account.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance, we will be happy to help you. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

admin login

1. admin login - Similar Threads - admin login

2. Why does my MS PC admin login keep coming back to the login screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my MS PC admin login keep coming back to the login screen?: I have a Microsoft Admin account on my Dell laptop which no longer allows me access when signing in keeps bringing me back to the login screen. In have reset PW twice and nada. I can log in to my MS account via browser but just not on my PC. I can access a local user account...
  3. Why does my MS PC admin login keep coming back to the login screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my MS PC admin login keep coming back to the login screen?: I have a Microsoft Admin account on my Dell laptop which no longer allows me access when signing in keeps bringing me back to the login screen. In have reset PW twice and nada. I can log in to my MS account via browser but just not on my PC. I can access a local user account...
  4. Can’t change account type and it won’t login to my admin acc

Can’t change account type and it won’t login to my admin acc: Can’t change account type and it won’t login to my admin account. PLEASE help me I can’t download the things I want without admin permission and I DON’T want to reset my pc....
  5. Can’t change account type and it won’t login to my admin acc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t change account type and it won’t login to my admin acc: Can’t change account type and it won’t login to my admin account. PLEASE help me I can’t download the things I want without admin permission and I DON’T want to reset my pc....
  6. Can’t change account type and it won’t login to my admin acc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. I can no longer login to Windows 365 admin, but still being charged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can no longer login to Windows 365 admin, but still being charged: I have a Windows 365 cloud Win 11 PC that I have been evaluating for several months now.I haven’t been able to login to the Windows 365 portal for several months, Authenticator not prompting me. Works fine with other MS apps.I haven’t bee able to get support as the support...
  8. I can no longer login to Windows 365 admin, but still being charged

I can no longer login to Windows 365 admin, but still being charged: I have a Windows 365 cloud Win 11 PC that I have been evaluating for several months now.I haven’t been able to login to the Windows 365 portal for several months, Authenticator not prompting me. Works fine with other MS apps.I haven’t bee able to get support as the support...
  9. Win10 ReInstall with "Keep My Files" now forces a failed Admin account on login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 ReInstall with "Keep My Files" now forces a failed Admin account on login: I performed a re-install of Win 10 on my laptop using the automated process allowing me to keep my files just hoping to freshen things uplaptop is a few years old. The install process was fine but now whenever there is a restart or a win update the computer shows an Admin...
  10. Win10 ReInstall with "Keep My Files" now forces a failed Admin account on login

Win10 ReInstall with "Keep My Files" now forces a failed Admin account on login: I performed a re-install of Win 10 on my laptop using the automated process allowing me to keep my files just hoping to freshen things uplaptop is a few years old. The install process was fine but now whenever there is a restart or a win update the computer shows an Admin...