Windows 10: Admin login

Discus and support Admin login in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone! I need to install an app for my job so I can work from home and it's asking me to approve a change as an admin on my personal computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RobEmmer, Mar 21, 2020.

1. RobEmmer Win User

Admin login

Hi everyone! I need to install an app for my job so I can work from home and it's asking me to approve a change as an admin on my personal computer. Per my account info on the settings my admin email is my outlook email but the app is not accepting that login with the password I use for that outlook account. Is there a separate password that I need as the admin of my PC and if so how do I find that?

:)

RobEmmer, Mar 21, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Locked Out of Admin Account

Hello Linda,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account?
    2. Which version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    3. Is the other user account an admin account?

I suggest you to try using the on screen keyboard at the login page and check if you are able to login to the PC.

1. At the login screen click on the
      ease of access icon at the bottom right hand corner.
    2. Click on the on screen keyboard to open it.
    3. Type the password and try to login.

If you are using a Microsoft account, I suggest you to refer the article on

how to reset your Microsoft account password

However, if you are using a local account, then I suggest you to refer the article on

reset your Windows 10 local account password

Note: While performing these steps, there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Admin login

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Admin login

1. Admin login - Similar Threads - Admin login

2. Why does my MS PC admin login keep coming back to the login screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my MS PC admin login keep coming back to the login screen?: I have a Microsoft Admin account on my Dell laptop which no longer allows me access when signing in keeps bringing me back to the login screen. In have reset PW twice and nada. I can log in to my MS account via browser but just not on my PC. I can access a local user account...
  3. Why does my MS PC admin login keep coming back to the login screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my MS PC admin login keep coming back to the login screen?: I have a Microsoft Admin account on my Dell laptop which no longer allows me access when signing in keeps bringing me back to the login screen. In have reset PW twice and nada. I can log in to my MS account via browser but just not on my PC. I can access a local user account...
  4. Can’t change account type and it won’t login to my admin acc

Can’t change account type and it won’t login to my admin acc: Can’t change account type and it won’t login to my admin account. PLEASE help me I can’t download the things I want without admin permission and I DON’T want to reset my pc....
  5. Can’t change account type and it won’t login to my admin acc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t change account type and it won’t login to my admin acc: Can’t change account type and it won’t login to my admin account. PLEASE help me I can’t download the things I want without admin permission and I DON’T want to reset my pc....
  6. Can’t change account type and it won’t login to my admin acc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. I can no longer login to Windows 365 admin, but still being charged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can no longer login to Windows 365 admin, but still being charged: I have a Windows 365 cloud Win 11 PC that I have been evaluating for several months now.I haven’t been able to login to the Windows 365 portal for several months, Authenticator not prompting me. Works fine with other MS apps.I haven’t bee able to get support as the support...
  8. I can no longer login to Windows 365 admin, but still being charged

I can no longer login to Windows 365 admin, but still being charged: I have a Windows 365 cloud Win 11 PC that I have been evaluating for several months now.I haven’t been able to login to the Windows 365 portal for several months, Authenticator not prompting me. Works fine with other MS apps.I haven’t bee able to get support as the support...
  9. Win10 ReInstall with "Keep My Files" now forces a failed Admin account on login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 ReInstall with "Keep My Files" now forces a failed Admin account on login: I performed a re-install of Win 10 on my laptop using the automated process allowing me to keep my files just hoping to freshen things uplaptop is a few years old. The install process was fine but now whenever there is a restart or a win update the computer shows an Admin...
  10. Win10 ReInstall with "Keep My Files" now forces a failed Admin account on login

Win10 ReInstall with "Keep My Files" now forces a failed Admin account on login: I performed a re-install of Win 10 on my laptop using the automated process allowing me to keep my files just hoping to freshen things uplaptop is a few years old. The install process was fine but now whenever there is a restart or a win update the computer shows an Admin...