Windows 10: admin nag screen when copying

Discus and support admin nag screen when copying in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; i been battling new win 10 home installation on new computer. i am the admin & it seems whenever i copy/move a file i get a popup box saying i... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by dblake2, Mar 16, 2017.

1. dblake2 Win User

admin nag screen when copying

i been battling new win 10 home installation on new computer.

i am the admin & it seems whenever i copy/move a file i get a popup box saying i 'don't have admin permission, click continue to proceed' , sometimes extracting files it flat out refuses to extract.

any way for the admin to get rid of admin nag box?

:)

dblake2, Mar 16, 2017
  2. wcndave2 Win User

Window10 Upgrade Always Ends Up on a "Choose an option" screen

So, anyone? I get nagged and nagged and nagged to upgrade windows, with no way to remove the nags, and then when I finally relent, and follow the onscreen steps exactly, I spend three hours going in circles and get no where.

At least the nag seems to have gone.

wcndave2, Mar 16, 2017
  3. KB4073543 causing problems

Sorry but that process seems futile.

Even if I re-image and block, my research indicates this is a forced update. The device is highly likely to finish with the same nag screen at the end of a very time-consuming process.

Other than the unwanted nag screen, the device is currently doing all I need it to do with no issues. If the update is unblockable (which, after several attempts, I believe it is), even a simple script that closes the nag screen whenever it pops open would
    suffice.

Stevie will, Mar 16, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

I get such a message when connecting a "foreign" HDD to my computer via a USB box when copying clients' data before working on their computer, not a big thing. I believe it's part of UAC/User Account Control.

Berton, Mar 16, 2017
  5. dblake2 Win User
    yeah-i moved the uac control all the way to the bottom so its something else being activated.

dblake2, Mar 16, 2017
  6. lx07 Win User
    Always? Any file? Can you move a file from your own document folder to somewhere else in your own document folder? Or are you trying to copy the root of C:\?

You say you've turned off UAC so you obviously understand the idea of security but you need to be a bit more specific.

lx07, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. admin nag screen when copying - Similar Threads - admin nag screen

2. Backup Nag Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup Nag Screen: Windows 11 23H2 22631.3235 OEM version.This has happened twice today since your latest update...When I go to Start>Settings, when the Settings page opens there is a NAG SCREEN about backing up my computer. Does anyone know how to get rid of that NAG SCREEN? I'm sorry but I am...
  3. Backup Nag Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup Nag Screen: Windows 11 23H2 22631.3235 OEM version.This has happened twice today since your latest update...When I go to Start>Settings, when the Settings page opens there is a NAG SCREEN about backing up my computer. Does anyone know how to get rid of that NAG SCREEN? I'm sorry but I am...
  4. Copy Admin Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy Admin Profile: Hi. i'm making an image and i need to copy the admin profile with all the settings And more importantly all the desktop icons to the default user so every new user that logs in he will have all the settings and applications , how i do that ?...
  5. Copy Admin Profile

Copy Admin Profile: Hi. i'm making an image and i need to copy the admin profile with all the settings And more importantly all the desktop icons to the default user so every new user that logs in he will have all the settings and applications , how i do that ?...
  6. Copy Admin Profile

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows Nag screen for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Nag screen for Windows 11: Windows 10 Release preview. I am well aware that my 1st generation Threadripper does not meet Windows 11 requirements. So I am running Windows 10 on this machine. Does anyone know how to get rid of Microsofts Nag screen when looking at Windows Updates?...
  8. winscomrssrv.dll nag screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    winscomrssrv.dll nag screen: Although I have successfully removed winscomrssrv.dll, I still get a nag screen on startup, saying the file cannot be found. I have run the "Auto startupscan" utility many times, and no winscomrssrv.dll can be found! How do I get rid of the nag error screen?...
  9. Skype for Business nag screen

Skype for Business nag screen: My desktop has just now started giving me a "nag" screen about my subscription has expired??? Never had one to start with??? Tried to uninstall it, takes me to control panel/programs and features, it is not listed. 62309
  10. Windows Security Nag Screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Security Nag Screen: All at once I am getting this nag whenever I try to PC's on the network. How do you get rid of it? What do they mean by credentials? 86624

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows admin nag scrreen

2. remove nag screen on admin permission