Windows 10: Admin password + bitlocker

Discus and support Admin password + bitlocker in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I wanted to install Linux (with a usb key) but it asks me for an administrator password. I tried recovery sites but it doesn't work. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ovnigaz, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Admin password + bitlocker

Hello,

I wanted to install Linux (with a usb key) but it asks me for an administrator password.

I tried recovery sites but it doesn't work. The computer is completely blocked with additional bitlocker encryption.

My question is: is there a way to erase everything? I could change the hard drive but I am afraid of having the same problem

submitted by /u/ovnigaz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ovnigaz, Jan 3, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jan 3, 2020
  3. freeboy Win User
    admin password?

ok changed added admin password for d in safe mode!
    Ok, now this is weird: XP repair will not accept my new password! WTF?

freeboy, Jan 3, 2020
  4. Admin password + bitlocker

why doesn't my bitlocker make me type a password?

Hi,

I understand that you have issue with Bitlocker password. I will certainly assist you with this.

Please provide us below details for better assistance,

• Is your Bitlocker enabled on your system?

• Have you made any changes on your system before this issue?

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to start the BitLocker Device Encryption service.

Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.

2. Type services.msc and hit Enter.

3. Search for BitLocker Device Encryption service.

4. Double click on BitLocker Device Encryption service and click on Start button.

5. Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to Automatic.

If the issue persists then change the password and change the settings on how drive is unlocked at startup.

Hope it will fix your issue. Please let us know the status of your issue.

Thank You.

Krishna Priya V, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

Admin password + bitlocker

1. Admin password + bitlocker - Similar Threads - Admin password bitlocker

2. Admin password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin password: My admin quit and will not give us the admin password on their laptop, now what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password/679e214e-0c3b-4802-a253-541a89853b95
  3. Admin password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin password: My admin quit and will not give us the admin password on their laptop, now what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password/679e214e-0c3b-4802-a253-541a89853b95
  4. admin password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    admin password: my mom got a windows computer they were giving away from her work but you cant play any games on it because of the work admin & we do not have the username or password of it so can we get rid of that with out the user & pass?...
  5. Admin password

Admin password: Hi All, i am wondering if anyone can help. I have just set an open password on my laptop for Windows 10 (I only have one Admin account). I have just tried to get in but the password is not working - it was a four digit password containing just numbers so there is no way i...
  6. Admin password

Admin password: I can sign in into microsoft with my email but my Admin password with the same email does not recognize my password My pin wont work, I cannot access updates of admin my computer I have access as a user but my two admin accounts wont work, I tried the community but so far...
  7. Laptop Bitlocker Enabled No Admin Password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Bitlocker Enabled No Admin Password: I have a laptop with Bitlocker enabled, I have no Admin password. I do NOT need the date on the hard drive. 1. How do I format the hard drive 2. Can I just replace the hard drive/SSD and proceed as 'normal' Thanks MJL6514...
  8. admin. password

in Windows 10 Customization
    admin. password: replace admin. name https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password/e97f10b5-15ec-48c6-a905-778d16bf00e7
  9. admin password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    admin password: I forgot my password for the admin account how do I change it or remove it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password/ecba1872-0038-4d34-98dd-c09814bf11ec"
  10. UEFI Admin Password needed if BitLocker is enabled?

UEFI Admin Password needed if BitLocker is enabled?: Just a quick question. I have enabled BitLocker with TPM-Only protector and was just wondering if I need to set an Admin BIOS/UEFI password to prevent someone from changing the UEFI settings. I also have Secure Boot enabled as well along with the following BitLocker...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. want to change to Sign in with Microsoft account but computer doesnt accept my password