Windows 10: Admin password not same as user login

Discus and support Admin password not same as user login in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Having a bit of trouble. i have a 6TB HDD but my system is configured for BIOS rather than UEFI and as such the drive defaulted to MBR rather than... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DillanB_514, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Admin password not same as user login

Having a bit of trouble.

i have a 6TB HDD but my system is configured for BIOS rather than UEFI and as such the drive defaulted to MBR rather than GPT. I am trying to get all this converted so i can use all 6TB. I have tried a few different options which havent seemed to work now im trying to use the MBR2GPT command which requires me to open the command prompt from the recovery menu and sign into my admin account.

My issue is that from the options i can see for admin accounts, it is the same as the user account i use but the password doesnt seem to be the same. Also have tried a couple of passwords that i would typically use but they dont seem to work either. not sure what it could be or where to go from here. Is there a way to recover / reset the admin password?

Apologies if some of my terminology is a bit wrong, not that great with computers and just trying to explain the issue from the little i have picked up whilst trying to sort this myself haha

:)

DillanB_514, Jul 29, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Windows 10: Admin password and user ID changed - cannot change to original ID to login.

Hi,

Greetings..

You need a local user account if you need to use PC,For that you need to create super admin account.

Try this steps.

There is an inbuilt admin account in Windows known as Super admin account.

if you wish you can enable it,using the following steps.

• on your login screen,hold Shift key and Press restart.

• It will boot into safe mode.

• On that,click on troubleshoot->advanced-> Command Prompt.

type the following command in command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:yes ( leave one Space after Administrator.)

Hit Enter.

You Will get a confirmation message stating Command Completed successfully.

Now,Restart your PC again and click on new admin account that displays ( which doesn't require any Password)

And Create a new user account..

Hope it is helpful.

Logeshwaran.C, Jul 29, 2020
  4. gloaming Win User

Admin password not same as user login

Admin password not recognized

Unfortunately, the system tells me that I am admin. But thank you for your suggestion!

gloaming, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Admin password not same as user login

1. Admin password not same as user login - Similar Threads - Admin password same

2. admin user name and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    admin user name and password: When I receive a notice that there is a newer version of one of my browsers and I try to have it downloaded I am asked for an admin user name and password. Is there a way I can find out this information?...
  3. admin user name and password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    admin user name and password: When I receive a notice that there is a newer version of one of my browsers and I try to have it downloaded I am asked for an admin user name and password. Is there a way I can find out this information?...
  4. ADMIN USER NAME AND PASSWORD

in Windows 10 Customization
    ADMIN USER NAME AND PASSWORD: Please help Me with this, i cant access some downloads and changes. it will always direct me into this.USER ACCOUNT CONTROLDo you want to allow this app to make changes to your device ?USER ACCOUNTS CONTROL PANELVerified publisher: Microsoft WindowsCLSID:...
  5. ADMIN USER NAME AND PASSWORD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ADMIN USER NAME AND PASSWORD: Please help Me with this, i cant access some downloads and changes. it will always direct me into this.USER ACCOUNT CONTROLDo you want to allow this app to make changes to your device ?USER ACCOUNTS CONTROL PANELVerified publisher: Microsoft WindowsCLSID:...
  6. ADMIN USER NAME AND PASSWORD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. user admin. password change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    user admin. password change: Im trying to download apps and cant and keep getting kicked off internet. I bought this from some guy at the store and am being told I cant do anything like make any changes in settings unless I know the admin. user password. I need to learn how to bypass that or just reset...
  8. User login vs. admin login.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User login vs. admin login.: In some apps such as Hallmark, projects cards, etc. are seen in project lists when logged in as admin and can be modified, but not logged in as a user. How can this be fixed? I would like to only have one login to be used for everything, including updates, mail, etc.. I...
  9. password for admin user not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    password for admin user not working: I cannot sign-in to my administrative user account. my password does not work. help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-for-admin-user-not-working/d189dfbd-33cc-4f5c-9be7-a74baa2c84e6
  10. admin user name and password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    admin user name and password: For my new Epson printer installation I need the admin user name and password. Where is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-user-name-and-password/9ba56dfd-a552-4441-80f5-d36eebcd60c4"