Windows 10: Admin password reset for Win 10

Discus and support Admin password reset for Win 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi I was talking to my brother the other day and seems our father is getting some senility as he is over 70 and he seems to have forgotten his win 10... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Dave1776, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Dave1776 Win User

Admin password reset for Win 10

Hi

I was talking to my brother the other day and seems our father is getting some senility as he is over 70 and he seems to have forgotten his win 10 password so he can not get logged into his computer. I know they can use my brothers computer to access any email he might be sent but not 100% as I guess again it depends if he remembers his email password???

Anyways is there a way I can explain to my brother as to how to help my father recover his password so he can get logged back in again.

Also should they not be able to get logged into my fathers email for any recovery emails that might be set out is there any other way they can recover it. I do not know if he has any phone numbers added to the account so not sure if a secure text is possible or not so factor that in in any response.

And I just know it's windows 10 am not sure what version of Win 10.

Thanks

:)

Dave1776, Jul 12, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jul 12, 2020
  3. nikolod Win User
    WIN 10 Admin password not working.

This really helped and the Hibernate problem was put to rest, however the pswd is not reset. I am following the default option in NT and at some point it is just cycling around, until i choose to quite. I can see the admin has been selected and some attempts are made to clear the register. I says the pswd appears to be blank and suggest to log in with blank pswd. Also when quitting, it asked to write the changes to the disk - y. But when tested later, there still is a password.
    The program looks pretty neat though.

Some steps from me: on the pc is a guest acc, so no password. This is still something, then i achieve to get to the Recovery and restart. Now I have tried various options like run Safe mode with Command prompt and type the bcdedit command, which is access denied. Option 2 to run just the command prompt also failed, because ask for admin password.

Guys, is there any way to get rid of the Safe mode from the recovery/ troubleshoot/ advanced options without the admin password?????

I found this whole story to be really, really big safety issue for this windows. If the only option is to log in to safe mode with the password(no pin) why the hell, they do not ask for it when switching it on?! Poor programming from everywhere! Also some restriction are easy to go around - after couple of days playing around on this issue.

nikolod, Jul 12, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Admin password reset for Win 10 - Similar Threads - Admin password reset

2. Reset Admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Admin password: I am the Admin controller of my daughters laptop but I have forgotten my password. I can't find anywhere where I can reset it. HELP !!!! I need to update a few things and add an app. HELP....how do I resent the password for the Admin User Control ???...
  3. Reset Admin password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset Admin password: I am the Admin controller of my daughters laptop but I have forgotten my password. I can't find anywhere where I can reset it. HELP !!!! I need to update a few things and add an app. HELP....how do I resent the password for the Admin User Control ???...
  4. Windows 10 resetting admin password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 resetting admin password: Hey, recently i got an old computer and it has an admin and user account. I want to reset the password cause no one has it, I've tried other methods such as making a .bat that installs it. set __COMPAT_LAYER=RunAsInvoker start MediaCreationTool20H2 I've also tried changing...
  5. Admin password reset

Admin password reset: Hello So I am able to login into my account hence when I try to make changes and install need programs an admin sign in window pops out I forgot what password I set it as Any ideas Thank you submitted by /u/513111111 [link] [comments]...
  6. Reset Admin Password?

Reset Admin Password?: To make a long story short I cannot boot into windows. I only have the recovery options available to me. I’m these recovery options it asks for the administrator password (which I forgot). I can’t access any of the boot recovery options due to the unknown password. Is there...
  7. Win 10 password reset?

Win 10 password reset?: Can you reset the password of a windows 10 online account same way as local admin account (utilman.exe, cmd.exe)? submitted by /u/eng-moe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jansnr/win_10_password_reset/
  8. Admin password reset (non-admin)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin password reset (non-admin): pleas solv my problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password-reset-non-admin/01f6113b-936f-422a-a5d1-2ffa3d1455d6
  9. WIN 10 Admin password not working.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    WIN 10 Admin password not working.: I just realize that the Admin password and the Microsoft account password is not the same in Win 10 PC. I am in really odd situation right now: I changed the pc to start in safe mode without network and the admin password does not work. I usually use pin to log into the pc as...
  10. reset admin password

in Windows 10 Support
    reset admin password: How do i reset the administrator password? Ive tried all the ones Ive used before and it keeps telling me the password is wrong. Is it possible something is wrong with the user profile for the administrator? I tried creating a password reset disk using my flash drive; but;...