Windows 10: Admin Password with Standard User

Discus and support Admin Password with Standard User in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I don't know the admin password and I have a standard account! Can someone please help me?????????????!!!!!!!!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Benjamin Karl Zion, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Admin Password with Standard User

I don't know the admin password and I have a standard account! Can someone please help me?????????????!!!!!!!!

:)

Benjamin Karl Zion, Mar 28, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Mar 28, 2019
  3. Ruz San Win User
    admin & standard user accounts

Hi Pub Fan,

You can create a new user account on your computer and set is as an administrator. Follow the steps provided on this

page
    . Once you have added a new administrator account, you can change the account type of the original user profile to standard. You can also remove the password for the original account using the new one. Here are the steps:

• Sign in to the new user account.
    • Go to Control Panel.
    • Open User Accounts.
    • Click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Manage another account.
    • Select the old user profile.
    • Select Change the password.
    • Without typing anything in the password fields, click on Change password.
    You will not lose any passwords for your internet sites after applying the changes.

Let us know if you need more help.

Ruz San, Mar 28, 2019
  4. pub. fan Win User

Admin Password with Standard User

admin & standard user accounts

I am the only user of this computer. I am working in the admin setting. I would like to set up an admin user account with a password, and change the current account to standard user WITHOUT A PASSWORD. Can this be done? Is there a particular order to
    follow in doing this? i.e. set-up the new admin account first? or? Will there be any problems in doing so?

Also, in doing this will I lose all my password for my internet sites?

Thank you,

Pub Fan

pub. fan, Mar 28, 2019
Thema:

Admin Password with Standard User

1. Admin Password with Standard User - Similar Threads - Admin Password Standard

2. Admin Rights switched to Standard User

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin Rights switched to Standard User: Win10 Pro Ver. 21H1 I recently changed my logon password and somehow (probably being careless) have disabled my Administrator Rights and switched the system to Standard User. Now of course the UAC is preventing me from opening apps, various sites, Power Shell (Admin) or...
  3. Admin Rights switched to Standard User

in Windows 10 Support
    Admin Rights switched to Standard User: Win10 Pro Ver. 21H1 I recently changed my logon password and somehow (probably being careless) have disabled my Administrator Rights and switched the system to Standard User. Now of course the UAC is preventing me from opening apps, various sites, Power Shell (Admin) or...
  4. Admin User duplicating files from Standard User

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Admin User duplicating files from Standard User: Hi all, I recently logged in into the Admin User on my PC and while cleaning some stuff up I noticed that C:\Users\admin\Documents had certain folders corresponding to my Standard User account. I checked these folders inside and they have the same files! For example, the...
  5. Reset Admin password on a standard user account??

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Reset Admin password on a standard user account??: I bought a refurbished computer for my employer. It had a ADMIN account set up with no pass word associated with the account so I created one. I might have had a error in my pass word because I can no longer log into that account. I did create another account that I was...
  6. Standard User reset Admin user password!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Standard User reset Admin user password!: Hi, I have a Windows 10 machine with 2 local user accounts. One standard an one admin. The admin user has modified some settings about standard user like the login times using command line net user standardusername /times:M-S,09:00-17:00 But every time the standard user...
  7. About accounts: Admin/Standard user?

About accounts: Admin/Standard user?: I just did a clean install of W10 for a friend. I havent set up a fresh install of 10 and am familar with the structure of accounts in W7> So. Clarify for me the "rights" of accounts(that i set up) in W10 Do they have adminstrator rights? Plan was to set up and Admin account...
  8. Was not prompted for admin password during install (Standard user)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Was not prompted for admin password during install (Standard user): I just installed an update for the Vypr VPN software. I am a Standard user, but there was no prompt to enter admin credentials to proceed with the install. I verified that I am a standard user in settings. I installed another program just 5 minutes before this one that DID...
  9. shortcut w/admin privileges for standard user

shortcut w/admin privileges for standard user: Hello, I've just cleaned up a massive malware infection on my grandson's computer (HP Pavilion notebook) and upgraded it to Win 10 from its native Win 8. His account is a standard user vs admin. Everything's working fine. EXCEPT, he plays an online game which requires an...
  10. Standard user able to access Admin folders?

Standard user able to access Admin folders?: Hello, Not sure if this is by default, but I've noticed it on 3 different computers. 2 running Windows 10 Home, 1 running Windows 10 Pro. When logged on as standard user, I'm able to access the folders of an Administrator. I may get prompted for password the first time,...