Windows 10: Admin permission not working over Win 10 Network

Discus and support Admin permission not working over Win 10 Network in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a simple LAN: Win 10 Pro PC and Win 10 Pro Laptop plus two Admin users. So all is set so that the two user have full control over the others... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Phil161212, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Admin permission not working over Win 10 Network

I have a simple LAN: Win 10 Pro PC and Win 10 Pro Laptop plus two Admin users. So all is set so that the two user have full control over the others "documents". From the Laptop User A could open a User B document on the PC, modify and then save back to the original folder on the PC. Suddenly this no longer happens. User A on the Laptop can still open a User B document on the PC and modify it, but it cannot be saved back to the original location on the PC - usual message "you do not have permissions etc. - contact your administrator". It can only be saved back to User A's documents on the Laptop! I did not check if I could save it to User A docs on the PC.

User A on the PC can still open a User B document on the PC and save it back to the original location. Also if I sync User A docs from the Laptop to the PC, the User B doc that was saved on the PC can now be saved back to User B's docs on the PC.

This only started after the most recent Win update which downloaded to the PC on April 10, 2019. Any clues to where to start looking or is this another bug that MS has thrown at us as a test of our patience? When I check all the shareing and NTFS permissions for the folder all appears to be correct and was working OK until yesterday. So could it be Network or even firewall related?

:)

Phil161212, Apr 11, 2019
  2. adoornik Win User

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, Apr 11, 2019
  3. RG46873 Win User
    Trying to manage files, need admin permission win 10

I am trying to move and delete files in win 10, I get requests to provide admin permission which seems strange since the account that I am signed in with is an administrative account (verified in settings)

Any suggestions as to what is causing this and how to get around the problem?

RG46873, Apr 11, 2019
  4. adoornik Win User

Admin permission not working over Win 10 Network

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

Thank you. Troubleshooter did not work. I ran all the listed commands in order and that also did not work.

None of the Windows 10 computers on my home network are on the network list of the Win 7 computer but the Lan connected windows 10 computer does show up on the Windows 7 computer network map.

Any other fixes suggestions would be appreciated?

adoornik, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

Admin permission not working over Win 10 Network

1. Admin permission not working over Win 10 Network - Similar Threads - Admin permission working

2. Windows 10 Admin permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Admin permissions: I have an issue with administrative permissions. I built a Pc for home, I installed windows, I changed everything settings to a admin settings for my user, I had put UAC to lower bar. I used to command prompt to switch admin to yes, I went on the built in administrator. I...
  3. Admin permissions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin permissions: So, in the printers permission dialog box I somehow checked that no one has permission to control a printer. I cannot remove printer to start over again and reset permissions. Is there any work around as an admin to personal computer to correct this. I removed all instance...
  4. Admin Permissions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Admin Permissions: I am the sole user of my laptop. I am the administrator, as well. I'm trying to move some music files from 1 USB flash drive to another. I keep getting a message stating I will need to provide administrative permissions to copy this file. When I continue I'm then required...
  5. Admin Permission

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Admin Permission: I started off today trying to make a system image using a DVD+R disc without success. A pop up told me to name a disc and insert it even though there was one in there spinning like mad. After that, I tried to format it as I was told to try that after a Google search but...
  6. Why, Microsoft?! Updates Break Network Sharing Over & Over & Over Win 10 Pro 1809

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why, Microsoft?! Updates Break Network Sharing Over & Over & Over Win 10 Pro 1809: This is more of a rant than anything else, but if anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears. Unless & until MS fixes whatever it is in the Cumulative Updates that breaks permissions, I'd love a simple guaranteed way to quickly resolve this on my end. In the name of all that's...
  7. Network sharing not working over WiFi but works over wired.

Network sharing not working over WiFi but works over wired.: Hello, I have some laptops and computers in my office. Suddenly out of the blue today, network sharing has stopped working on WiFi devices but is working fine on wired devices. Why is this happening? I didn't change any setting. I tried restarting the router and laptops...
  8. Permission issues to access files shared over a network

Permission issues to access files shared over a network: From computer B, I don't have permission to access a path on computer A. However certain folders on computer A show up on computer B and are accessible. On computer A the folder has been set to share. Kaspersky on computer A has been temporarily disabled. Why are some...
  9. No admin permissions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No admin permissions: I have a problem regarding permissions on my Asus laptop, running windows 10 home. If for example wanting to run cmd as administrator I am prevented from doing so by this message : 'Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device' To continue:'' enter an admin...
  10. WIN 10 Admin password not working.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    WIN 10 Admin password not working.: I just realize that the Admin password and the Microsoft account password is not the same in Win 10 PC. I am in really odd situation right now: I changed the pc to start in safe mode without network and the admin password does not work. I usually use pin to log into the pc as...