Windows 10: Admin permission prompt box not showing, cannot modify admin folders as a result

Discus and support Admin permission prompt box not showing, cannot modify admin folders as a result in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I've had this issue for a while (>6 months) but never took the time to ask here, it's a pretty strange issue. Problem: Whenever I try to modify... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Azorlogh, May 23, 2019.

1. Azorlogh Win User

Admin permission prompt box not showing, cannot modify admin folders as a result

Hi, I've had this issue for a while (>6 months) but never took the time to ask here, it's a pretty strange issue.

Problem:

Whenever I try to modify a directory that requires admin privileges using the explorer, nothing happens...

For example : If I try to move a file from my Desktop to "C:\Program Files" by dragging it, nothing happens.

Before I had this problem, it would show a dialog box asking me for permission, and complete the action.

The workaround I've found is to do everything in a command prompt in admin mode... but that's obviously very tedious and annoying.

At the same time I discovered this issue, another very strange one occurred for some reason : all folder icons show empty folders and don't even appear on some zoom levels :

Admin permission prompt box not showing, cannot modify admin folders as a result 47a7606f-6c47-4547-8880-d0a73a679a88?upload=true.png

Admin permission prompt box not showing, cannot modify admin folders as a result 07476d16-dc40-4ea6-afe1-3743c242d465?upload=true.png

What I've tried:

- sfc /scannow

- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

- rebuilding the icon cache and restarting (to fix missing thumbnails)

I'm hoping another soul somewhere on this forum has stumbled upon this strange problem and could help me because I have no idea what could be wrong

:)

Azorlogh, May 23, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, May 23, 2019
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    System Admin Shenanigans?

No problem chief its pretty simple to do but usually a multi stage process.

Create an admin account using the control panel.

Then log out and log into the new admin account so windows builds it.

Then log back out and log into the super admin account your currently on.

go into your user directory and copy all of your primary user folders copy everything [CTRL+A] and copy them via right click and copy.

then go into your NEW user account and paste and allow overwrite of all the folders and files.

after it is done log into the new account and make sure everything is working correctly. if it is go to your super admin user account folder and delete all of your private data pictures documents etc.

then open up a command prompt as administrator and type the following

net user Administrator /active:no

and hit enter.

Solaris17, May 23, 2019
  4. ypoora1 Win User

Admin permission prompt box not showing, cannot modify admin folders as a result

System Admin Shenanigans?

Working on it, that's a lotta gigabytes to toss around!

ypoora1, May 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Admin permission prompt box not showing, cannot modify admin folders as a result - Similar Threads - Admin permission prompt

2. User folder is missing + admin permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User folder is missing + admin permissions: Hello, I've purchased a new laptop with Windows 11 Pro installed. In order to solve a problem with Photoshop 2023, I am supposed to follow this path:Navigate to /Users/YOURUSERNAME/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop 2020 SettingsSelect that file File>Get InfoUnder...
  3. User folder is missing + admin permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User folder is missing + admin permissions: Hello, I've purchased a new laptop with Windows 11 Pro installed. In order to solve a problem with Photoshop 2023, I am supposed to follow this path:Navigate to /Users/YOURUSERNAME/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop 2020 SettingsSelect that file File>Get InfoUnder...
  4. Permission to modify Domain Admin user Active Directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permission to modify Domain Admin user Active Directory: Hello everyone, we need to give helpdesk users the ability to reset/unlock/delete etc all users in the AD domain.Currently, by delegating domain control, they can only do this for users with permissions lower than theirs, but for users with the same permissions or higher they...
  5. Permission to modify Domain Admin user Active Directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permission to modify Domain Admin user Active Directory: Hello everyone, we need to give helpdesk users the ability to reset/unlock/delete etc all users in the AD domain.Currently, by delegating domain control, they can only do this for users with permissions lower than theirs, but for users with the same permissions or higher they...
  6. Admin permissions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin permissions: So, in the printers permission dialog box I somehow checked that no one has permission to control a printer. I cannot remove printer to start over again and reset permissions. Is there any work around as an admin to personal computer to correct this. I removed all instance...
  7. Admin Permissions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Admin Permissions: I am the sole user of my laptop. I am the administrator, as well. I'm trying to move some music files from 1 USB flash drive to another. I keep getting a message stating I will need to provide administrative permissions to copy this file. When I continue I'm then required...
  8. Admin Permission

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Admin Permission: I started off today trying to make a system image using a DVD+R disc without success. A pop up told me to name a disc and insert it even though there was one in there spinning like mad. After that, I tried to format it as I was told to try that after a Google search but...
  9. ADMIN Permission to access USERS folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ADMIN Permission to access USERS folder: I am the Administrator of this computer but why won't windows 10 allow me to access users file folder? Getting confused. How do I get permission to open the USERS folder? By the way I'm using the NETWORK to access my other computers....
  10. No admin permissions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No admin permissions: I have a problem regarding permissions on my Asus laptop, running windows 10 home. If for example wanting to run cmd as administrator I am prevented from doing so by this message : 'Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device' To continue:'' enter an admin...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. admin permission warning not showing windows 10