Windows 10: Admin Permission

Discus and support Admin Permission in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I started off today trying to make a system image using a DVD+R disc without success. A pop up told me to name a disc and insert it even though there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by skiniz, Aug 11, 2019.

1. skiniz Win User

Admin Permission

I started off today trying to make a system image using a DVD+R disc without success. A pop up told me to name a disc and insert it even though there was one in there spinning like mad.

After that, I tried to format it as I was told to try that after a Google search but then I got a pop up saying that I don't have admin permission even though I am admin.

Yesterday, I refreshed my laptop and now everything seems worse than ever as now I can't eject the disc without permission.

I'm on Windows 10 lastest everything.

:)

skiniz, Aug 11, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Aug 11, 2019
  3. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Aug 11, 2019
  4. Admin Permission

Admin rights

Well now you see my issue. I am restarting explorer with admin permission, but nothing changes. It still says I need admin permission when I try to do anything with the files.

power_surge_perf, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Admin Permission

1. Admin Permission - Similar Threads - Admin Permission

2. Unable to create a new user admin account without current admin permissions

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to create a new user admin account without current admin permissions: I am trying to create an admin account for myself a work. I am currently using an old account from a previous employee as all other accounts are password protected. I nor my employers have the passwords for any of these accounts. The password protected accounts are admin...
  3. My computer has suddenly started to need to ask for "admin permissions" for me to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer has suddenly started to need to ask for "admin permissions" for me to...: This has just starting today, my computer has started to need to ask for administrative permission in order to essentially do anything with files other than renaming them. This has became a great hassle as programs and applications that are installed in "Program Files x86"...
  4. My computer has suddenly started to need to ask for "admin permissions" for me to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer has suddenly started to need to ask for "admin permissions" for me to...: This has just starting today, my computer has started to need to ask for administrative permission in order to essentially do anything with files other than renaming them. This has became a great hassle as programs and applications that are installed in "Program Files x86"...
  5. Error with permissions as admin with program installer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error with permissions as admin with program installer: I was trying to install Keepass and when I ran the installer, it gave me an issue and prevented me from continuing further. My image won't upload so here's the message word for word. "The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory:...
  6. Error with permissions as admin with program installer

Error with permissions as admin with program installer: I was trying to install Keepass and when I ran the installer, it gave me an issue and prevented me from continuing further. My image won't upload so here's the message word for word. "The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory:...
  7. the admin account’s permissions are broken.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the admin account’s permissions are broken.: on my PC this is by the way the same admin account from my last PC that is tied to my Microsoft account. The reason i know this is in fact the problem is i am trying to get Battle.net the application to run it gets stuck on the log in and fails to load regardless of having...
  8. the admin account’s permissions are broken.

the admin account’s permissions are broken.: on my PC this is by the way the same admin account from my last PC that is tied to my Microsoft account. The reason i know this is in fact the problem is i am trying to get Battle.net the application to run it gets stuck on the log in and fails to load regardless of having...
  9. Can I unblock admin permissions block changes to computer on a specific downloaded app for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I unblock admin permissions block changes to computer on a specific downloaded app for...: I have a secondary user on my laptop that's trying to use an app on their profile but when they open it the app is blocked for trying to makes changes and it prompts them to enter the admin password. Is there a way to bypass this so they have full access to the app and don't...
  10. Can I unblock admin permissions block changes to computer on a specific downloaded app for...

Can I unblock admin permissions block changes to computer on a specific downloaded app for...: I have a secondary user on my laptop that's trying to use an app on their profile but when they open it the app is blocked for trying to makes changes and it prompts them to enter the admin password. Is there a way to bypass this so they have full access to the app and don't...