Windows 10: Admin Permission

Discus and support Admin Permission in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I started off today trying to make a system image using a DVD+R disc without success. A pop up told me to name a disc and insert it even though there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by skiniz, Aug 11, 2019.

1. skiniz Win User

Admin Permission

I started off today trying to make a system image using a DVD+R disc without success. A pop up told me to name a disc and insert it even though there was one in there spinning like mad.

After that, I tried to format it as I was told to try that after a Google search but then I got a pop up saying that I don't have admin permission even though I am admin.

Yesterday, I refreshed my laptop and now everything seems worse than ever as now I can't eject the disc without permission.

I'm on Windows 10 lastest everything.

:)

skiniz, Aug 11, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Aug 11, 2019
  3. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Aug 11, 2019
  4. Admin Permission

Admin rights

Well now you see my issue. I am restarting explorer with admin permission, but nothing changes. It still says I need admin permission when I try to do anything with the files.

power_surge_perf, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Admin Permission

1. Admin Permission - Similar Threads - Admin Permission

2. Cannot delete files, message says I need permission from Admin, I AM admin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete files, message says I need permission from Admin, I AM admin: Cannot delete files, message says I need permission from Admin, I AM admin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-delete-files-message-says-i-need-permission/e1d1a038-392a-4c25-b67d-b0c8abbca557"
  3. restricted admin permissions

restricted admin permissions: I am trying to add a .dll file to an existing folder and I get the message that I do not have the correct permissions and I need to and have to contact the administrator. I am the sole user of the computer and my account is set as administrator. I'm a basic computer user...
  4. How do I stop requiring admin permission? Tried all the usual steps.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I stop requiring admin permission? Tried all the usual steps.: I just got a fresh Windows 10 install, and I'm trying to make it so that I don't have to get administrator permission to move/delete/etc. files and folders in Program Files and whatnot. Since I'm neither an imbecile nor lazy, I've of course spent a lot of time already...
  5. I need permission to modify or edit /System32 even though I am Admin

in Windows 10 Support
    I need permission to modify or edit /System32 even though I am Admin: For some infuriating reason, I cannot edit or modify the /System32 folder on my PC. I am an admin, and I even created an entirely new user with admin permissions. I need to replace msvcp120.dll with a new copy because an installer for a game that I am trying to install but...
  6. Admin permission prompt box not showing, cannot modify admin folders as a result

Admin permission prompt box not showing, cannot modify admin folders as a result: Hi, I've had this issue for a while (>6 months) but never took the time to ask here, it's a pretty strange issue. Problem: Whenever I try to modify a directory that requires admin privileges using the explorer, nothing happens... For example : If I try to move a file...
  7. Admin permission not working over Win 10 Network

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Admin permission not working over Win 10 Network: I have a simple LAN: Win 10 Pro PC and Win 10 Pro Laptop plus two Admin users. So all is set so that the two user have full control over the others "documents". From the Laptop User A could open a User B document on the PC, modify and then save back to the original folder on...
  8. Why some of my downloads doesn't ask for admin permission?

Why some of my downloads doesn't ask for admin permission?: Hi, I recently download the Fusion 360 software.o There's a link: http://www.appstreaming.autodesk.com/install/studentapp/73e72ada57b7480280f7a6f4a289729f/ Also this link: https://osu.ppy.sh/home/download When I execute the files, it automatically downloads the software...
  9. word 2016 keeps blocking me from opening my docs claiming I need admin permission......any...

in Windows 10 Customization
    word 2016 keeps blocking me from opening my docs claiming I need admin permission......any...: Can anyone help identify why word 2016 keeps claiming I do not have access privileges...I am the owner/admin...please advise, thanks Rob https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-2016-keeps-blocking-me-from-opening-my-docs/7b51bb1c-8621-432f-92b0-57cc78153305
  10. Trusted Installer has Full control and I am Admin and denied permission to access files

Trusted Installer has Full control and I am Admin and denied permission to access files: Trusted Installer has Full control and denies permission for me as Admin to change/open/delete many files that I feel are corrupt. I have a recycle bin corrupt file that pops up constantly and I have tried all the online and youtube suggestions in command prompt on how to fix...