Windows 10: Admin privilages problem

Discus and support Admin privilages problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone My friend has acquired a Lenovo notebook from an employer who has gone bust. The problem is that he can log on as a user but cannot delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Martin 1962, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Admin privilages problem

Hi everyone

My friend has acquired a Lenovo notebook from an employer who has gone bust. The problem is that he can log on as a user but cannot delete old work related programs as the IT department has locked the computer so as not to delete programs etc. As he doesn't have the relevant password he can not get rid of unwanted programs, data etc. I have tried the command prompt ' net user name of admin account * but access is denied and get an system error 5. Any help would be appreciated. I had thought of a windows reset as an option. TIA

:)

Martin 1962, Jun 22, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jun 22, 2020
  3. MetP. Win User
    Admin privilages are gone, I can't do nothing because I lost administrator.

Hi all, this forum is my last chance, please help me to find a solution!

What's my problem.

Tomorrow I booted my PC and I noticed that my second Admin account isn't on my PC, I went to Account settings, Googled some solution and I saw that my account is no more admin but it's a guest user account.

I searched for some solution but everything that people say to do needs admin privilages, but I haven't it!

I literally can't do nothing!

I also know that there is an account with administrator privileges named
    Adiministrator, but how I login in that account?

What I can't do.

• I can't open CMD as Admin;
    • I can't change account settings like Account type and Others;
    • I can't open programs as Admin too;
    • I can't enable UAC settings;
    • I can't enable the hidden admin account;
    • I can't do things as Admin.
    Please help me!

MetP., Jun 22, 2020
  4. Admin privilages problem

problem of sining in with administrator privilages

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for replying.

As you are facing the issue on the present Admin account, the account might be corrupted. I suggest you to try enabling the built in admin account and check if you face the issue there.

Steps:-

1. Right click on the start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin)

2. Type "net user Administrator /active:yes"

3. Hit Enter.

A user account with the name Admin will be created. Log in with that account and you will be able to access Admin privileges. You can also create more Administrator accounts with that account.

Hope the games run on the built in admin account. Do keep us updated on the issue.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Admin privilages problem

1. Admin privilages problem - Similar Threads - Admin privilages problem

2. it admin problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    it admin problem: ive tried alot of things to fix my virus and threat protection to work again but the same error keeps coming when i try open virus and threat protection also when i try to open windows security its just a white blank screen i cant seem to fic the problem and have been trying...
  3. Adminstrator privilages

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Adminstrator privilages: Hi Im using Windows 10 and for a long time I have used my pc as a local user without any password but acouple of days lately I dont know What I did but somehow I created an adminstrator user and created apassword and I forgot it Another problem is that the password is...
  4. program installation and admin privilages

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    program installation and admin privilages: do all programs need admin privileges to install ? is it a good practicewith respect to security and privacy installing all programs as admin ? thanks in advance...
  5. lost adminitrative privilage

in Windows 10 Customization
    lost adminitrative privilage: I don't no why my administrative privilege had lost I can't install apps and my windows update is not working pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-adminitrative-privilage/f4781f79-870c-41cc-a1a4-2c57e480e921
  6. Lost admin privilages among other things.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost admin privilages among other things.: So i have been having major issues with my PC for a while now. All admin privilages have been lost and my computer fails to do basic things like shut off. I The option to shut the computer down in the menu is not there. It reads "There are no current power options available"....
  7. Admin Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Admin Problem: For some unknown reason, my P.C has locked me out of my My Music file, saying:- You don't currently have permission to access this folder. I click on continue only o be greeted with another pop up saying I have been denied access to the folder. So I click on the security tab...
  8. Windows 10 - speradic admin privilages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - speradic admin privilages: Hi i'm using windows 10 and office 365 I noticed I was having problems last year after an update to windows that outlook, office and other programmes would not start unless I used the "run as administrator" I only use one account on this machine and it has full...
  9. admin problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    admin problem: my computer is saying "your virus and threat protection is manged by your administrator" WHEN I CLEARLY DON'T HAVE A ADMINISTRATOR! PLS HELP[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-problem/fa55f576-6653-4bfa-971f-dd4f76547713
  10. The youtube fails to play in user account without admin privilages

in Browsers and Email
    The youtube fails to play in user account without admin privilages: Hello Mine Win 10 x64 version 1607. I have all the latest updates installed. I do not have flash player installed. The desk top has two user accounts. One with Administrator privileges. I find you tube plays fine when accessed the user account with Admin privileges but...