Windows 10: Admin problems and certificate expiry

Discus and support Admin problems and certificate expiry in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello All, I have a hand me down laptop and I cannot make any significant changes to it. The dialogue boxes do not have the Yes option in them. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mr. V V, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Mr. V V Win User

Admin problems and certificate expiry

Hello All,

I have a hand me down laptop and I cannot make any significant changes to it. The dialogue boxes do not have the Yes option in them. I have no original disks or software keys or anything. I cannot even assign a new User Account as an Administrator. I've tried using the command line and various other methods. I've spent hours and hours on forums and support sites and Youtube searching for the answers. I dont even know if I there IS one, or if I have to just buy a new hard drive and start with new Windows and software.

What I do know is that I am prevented from making changes, I am NOT asked for admin credentials, I cannot create new ones and there are certificates that are expired. I found this out when I attempted to install a Win 10 upgrade after booting it up for the first time months ago and it will not let me do anything with the computer in terms of alterations or software upgrades.

Any help or diagnosis would be appreciated.

Good Day to All and Thanks in advance.

:)

Mr. V V, Apr 14, 2021
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Apr 14, 2021
  3. vetrijobs Win User
    vetrijobs, Apr 14, 2021
  4. Borg 386 Win User

eDellRoot Certificate Problem: Patch Available To Fix It Now ?

Glad you got it sorted.

As soon as a patch is available for the second problem, I or someone will post it. There is a fix for the second problem available now, but thus far it involves manually removing it. Have a look at this article if you want to give it a try.

Second Dell Root Certificate Problem Discovered; How To Check For And Remove eDellRoot And DSDTestProvider Security Risks

Borg 386, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Admin problems and certificate expiry - Similar Threads - Admin problems certificate

2. Problem with client certificate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with client certificate: Hi every oneI am currently having a problem with the certificate working on windows 10 and windows 11 clients. user after login and the computer shows this certificate even though no action has been taken. This error appears on many users in the domain, has anyone encountered...
  3. Problem with client certificate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with client certificate: Hi every oneI am currently having a problem with the certificate working on windows 10 and windows 11 clients. user after login and the computer shows this certificate even though no action has been taken. This error appears on many users in the domain, has anyone encountered...
  4. license expiry

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    license expiry: I got my computer with windows 10 Pro as a gift from my previous company. Im using this now on my home to do work. I noticed that there is a message that my Windows license will expire soon. I dont know that there is a expiration on license since it is properly activated when...
  5. license expiry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    license expiry: I got my computer with windows 10 Pro as a gift from my previous company. Im using this now on my home to do work. I noticed that there is a message that my Windows license will expire soon. I dont know that there is a expiration on license since it is properly activated when...
  6. license expiry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. My problem is that the expiry date on autofill is 01/24 when the expiry date on my debit...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My problem is that the expiry date on autofill is 01/24 when the expiry date on my debit...: Hello again,My problem is that the expiry date on autofill is 01/24 when the expiry date on my debit card is 12/24. I have lived with this for 8 months but there seems to be an increase in transactions failing with the message "invalid card".I have tried to reset this myself...
  8. License expiry

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    License expiry: There is a message that your windows license will expire soon ,Go to settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/license-expiry/b012471c-4bcc-4dbf-a636-d64d13653197
  9. Problems with Certificates

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problems with Certificates: When I run certutil –store, all the certificates have the same data at the end of each entry, which is:- No key provider information Cannot find the certificate and private key for decryption I don’t think that this is correct, as I believe Windows has lost the location of...
  10. autodiscover.msn.com certificate problem

in Browsers and Email
    autodiscover.msn.com certificate problem: Started getting this a couple of days ago, assume it is coming from my .msn email account when outlook checks for mail? Any guess's what might be causing this. Tx.. 91643