Windows 10: admin profile blocking bluetooth file transfering through policy settings, even though my...

Discus and support admin profile blocking bluetooth file transfering through policy settings, even though my... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; so as of late my computer has been blocking me from sending or receiving Bluetooth files from my mobile phone. every time I try I get the message of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tyler grass, Jan 5, 2019.

1. admin profile blocking bluetooth file transfering through policy settings, even though my...

so as of late my computer has been blocking me from sending or receiving Bluetooth files from my mobile phone. every time I try I get the message of "windows was unable send some files, files transfer is disabled by policy. please check with your system administrator" I've checked and my profile is the admin profile for my laptop, but I haven't changed any setting to block Bluetooth. what am I doing wrong?

:)

tyler grass, Jan 5, 2019

2. Bluetooth file transfer disabled by policy on Windows 10

In my case, Windows 10 and ASUS_ZOOXS (android 5.0) the process is this.

1. Enter services.msc in search window
    2. Click services.msc
    3. Right click on Bluetooth Support Service then choose "stop"
      then do as in the answer from "Dan Dar3"
    4. Right click on Bluetooth Support Service then choose "property"
    5. Choose log on tab. Then do as in the answer from "SANDEEP"
    6. Right click on Bluetooth Support Service then choose "start"
    7. If you want to send a file from PC to Android, you should right click bluetooth icon then choose "send a file " -> double click at android device icon -> choose file in PC -> then choose "open" -> it will show message in android -> in android choose "accept file" -> finish
    8. If you want to send a file from Android to PC, you should start on PC side first by right clicking bluetooth icon, -> choose "receive a file" to wait for a file from Android -> then you work on Android side by selecting a file from Android to PC -> share -> bluetooth and select PC. Then it will appear in PC to receive file in PC -> finish.

Mr.Abdulhakim Kariya, Jan 5, 2019
  3. 7thSense Win User
    7thSense, Jan 5, 2019
  4. admin profile blocking bluetooth file transfering through policy settings, even though my...

Fault trying to share photos from phone to laptop via Bluetooth

While waiting for replies I solved this - in Windows 10 by the following steps where -> means click/select.
    1. Start -> Settings-> Devices -> Bluetooth.
    2. At this point ensure Bluetooth is on and device you wish to make the transfer from is listed and paired.
    3. At the bottom of the same page under Related Settings -> Send or receive files via Bluetooth -> Receive files.
    4. The Waiting for connection page appears stay on this page and initiate the transfer from your device.
    5. The file is being received window appears with a progress bar when this is complete you will be asked where to save the file and Finish
    It appears these steps have to be performed for each individual file transferred therefore I've pinned the Settings window with Bluetooth selected to the task bar.

SlainteMhath, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

admin profile blocking bluetooth file transfering through policy settings, even though my...

1. admin profile blocking bluetooth file transfering through policy settings, even though my... - Similar Threads - admin profile blocking

2. bluetooth connection blocked by group policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth connection blocked by group policy: i downloaded a driver update app online, then i could not connect my bluetooth device, i have tried many ways on the web, like deleting some files in my pc. but it didnt work, so thats why im here...
  3. bluetooth connection blocked by group policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bluetooth connection blocked by group policy: i downloaded a driver update app online, then i could not connect my bluetooth device, i have tried many ways on the web, like deleting some files in my pc. but it didnt work, so thats why im here...
  4. Bluetooth Setup Blocked by Group Policy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Setup Blocked by Group Policy: Solved. The issue was not in group policy but in firewall settings. Specifically Windows Defender Firewall Advance Properties. Unchecking Bluetooth for protected network connections solved the issue....
  5. Cant change or delete files, even though im an admin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant change or delete files, even though im an admin: Recently, I have not been able to change or delete files on my pc. I have looked it up, and going in to properties of the file and giving myself permissions either doesnt work on some files or the option to change it is grayed out. For example, I tried to move Program...
  6. Bluetooth Headset blocked by group policy...

Bluetooth Headset blocked by group policy...: My bluetooth headset is being blocked by this group policy. My headset has been able to connect to my PC with no problem until now, and I don't really want to dig around in my registry, because I might solve one problem, but create another. Would like some help fixing this...
  7. bluetooth not on device even though it is

bluetooth not on device even though it is: Currently receive error message that my device does not have bluetooth bluetooth not available on this device. I know I have bluetooth on my computer I'm currently using it now - my wireless keyboard and mouse are connected via bluetooth with the external adapter it came...
  8. "Bluetooth setup blocked by group policy"

"Bluetooth setup blocked by group policy": Hi, I'm running windows 10 pro x64 build 1903. Windows is up to date. Out of the blue my Bluetooth stopped working with the error message "Setup blocked by group policy". I have reinstalled all my bluetooth drivers several times and tried different ones. I have also...
  9. Can't edit file permissions even though my profile is an administrator and the only profile...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't edit file permissions even though my profile is an administrator and the only profile...: I've been having lots of problems with Windows Update in the past month or so. I haven't been able to update my system. Eventually I found this thread, and component corruption seems like a fairly plausible cause for the errors I keep getting (0x8e5e03fa). Problem is, the...
  10. a .msi file won't install due to admin settings even though I'm the admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    a .msi file won't install due to admin settings even though I'm the admin: I'm trying to install a .msi file, but the admin settings block it. I'm the admin, but I can't figure out what settings I need to change to allow the file to install. What settings to I need to change?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows bluetooth send file restrictions gpo

2. file is transfer display group policy bluetooth

3. gpo disable bluetooth share network

4. disable bluetooth file transfer windows 10 registry