Windows 10: Admin PW reset

Discus and support Admin PW reset in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I follow the steps to change my admin PW after I click on change PW I get a message that says something went wrong try again. Any advice on why I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DebbieHuff2, Feb 8, 2022.

1. Admin PW reset

When I follow the steps to change my admin PW after I click on change PW I get a message that says something went wrong try again. Any advice on why I am getting this error message?

:)

DebbieHuff2, Feb 8, 2022
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Feb 8, 2022
  3. admin pw/ pwr on pw

My HP15-f272wm laptop is not accepting my admin pw/pwr on pw. I try 3 times and it tells me invalid pw and disables my pc. The only option is to shutdown pwr up and try again, I cannot bios setup, recover or change boot order( esc, f2, f9, f11, f12 or
    delete. please I just got this laptop and it's a beauty.

johnpamias, Feb 8, 2022
  4. Admin PW reset

admin active and know pw cannot log in as admin no options available...HELP!!!!

have made it active and reset the pw at a dos level although it was on an x:\ drive. we are not sure what drive that is. went to the root of c:\ and tried to find a recovery partition but did not see a d:\. when it boots up, you only have one user available.
    It does not allow me to change users at login.

Also, is there a way to recover the files that have been deleted?(go to recycle bin etc) I was not the original admin of this machine which is why i had to reset the pw and go active on the default admin.

DonnaShelby, Feb 8, 2022
Thema:

Admin PW reset

1. Admin PW reset - Similar Threads - Admin reset

2. How to factory reset including wiping my hard drive completely without admin permissions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to factory reset including wiping my hard drive completely without admin permissions.: So I don't have admin permissions on my current account and endless there is a way to switch admin permissions from the guest account to my other account without admin then I could do that. Here is a bit of a log from command prompt. Windows 11C:\Users\super>net user User...
  3. How to factory reset including wiping my hard drive completely without admin permissions.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to factory reset including wiping my hard drive completely without admin permissions.: So I don't have admin permissions on my current account and endless there is a way to switch admin permissions from the guest account to my other account without admin then I could do that. Here is a bit of a log from command prompt. Windows 11C:\Users\super>net user User...
  4. Cant reset or factory reset my computer due to not having admin permission windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant reset or factory reset my computer due to not having admin permission windows 11: So I cant factory reset my computer. I don't have admin permissions and I contacted MSI support people i bought pc from they told me to factory reset but I can't without permissions. I run windows 11 and I am pretty sure this is the only account I have. I just need to know...
  5. Cant reset or factory reset my computer due to not having admin permission windows 11

Cant reset or factory reset my computer due to not having admin permission windows 11: So I cant factory reset my computer. I don't have admin permissions and I contacted MSI support people i bought pc from they told me to factory reset but I can't without permissions. I run windows 11 and I am pretty sure this is the only account I have. I just need to know...
  6. reseting a admin locked computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reseting a admin locked computer: How do I fully reset my pc on windows 10 without having admin capablities as i have lost the password and the password reset disk to the admin account and have no way of reseting the computer....
  7. reseting a admin locked computer

reseting a admin locked computer: How do I fully reset my pc on windows 10 without having admin capablities as i have lost the password and the password reset disk to the admin account and have no way of reseting the computer....
  8. reseting a admin locked computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. How to reset forgotten Admin Password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset forgotten Admin Password?: I am using win 8.1 and I have connected my laptop to MS account and I want to change it. But I am unable to do it as it asks me to enter admin pw to proceed and I don't remember it. Currently login to my laptop with PIN option. I want to reset local admin password. Please...
  10. How to reset forgotten Admin Password?

How to reset forgotten Admin Password?: I am using win 8.1 and I have connected my laptop to MS account and I want to change it. But I am unable to do it as it asks me to enter admin pw to proceed and I don't remember it. Currently login to my laptop with PIN option. I want to reset local admin password. Please...