Windows 10: Admin Restricted Sign In, Cannot Sign in on locked Laptop

Discus and support Admin Restricted Sign In, Cannot Sign in on locked Laptop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello I need help regarding an issue.Recently I was managing the devices linked to my Microsoft Account and I accidentally locked a laptop device and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JustinP_812, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Admin Restricted Sign In, Cannot Sign in on locked Laptop

Hello I need help regarding an issue.Recently I was managing the devices linked to my Microsoft Account and I accidentally locked a laptop device and now when I attempt to Sign in i can't.It gives a screen saying "An administrator has restricted sign in", and requires an administrator to sign in first.I only have one user profile on the laptop but entering my PIN to sign in only brings me back to the screen stating that an admin has restricted sign in and asks for an administrator to sign in first. Ive already tried activating the built in administrator user profile to sign in too but that has

:)

JustinP_812, Oct 11, 2021
  2. dacrone Win User

different lock screen and sign in screen?

Step 2b is labeled as Change the Login Screen Image, but the steps show you how to change the Lock Screen image. Step 2a is irrelevant. It only tells you how to change the desktop background.

What I want to do:
    Set Spotlight as the LOCK Screen Image(s) - Done
    Set the Win 10 Hero Image as the SIGN IN Screen Image - This is the one that shows after you click on the lock screen and you are able to type your password. If I uncheck "Show Lock Screen Image on Sign In Screen", it shows a solid blue background behind my Password box and user image. This is what I want to change to the Hero Image....

dacrone, Oct 11, 2021
  3. Rose W Win User
    Your Microsoft account needs you to sign in again-recent credentials

Yes the correct or current info is in the Settings/Accounts/Your email and accounts.
    The steps in the tutorial included signing in after deleting a listing. I couldn't see where that was relevant since its a second listing. It looks like I have to voluntarily do the 'sign in' so I can avoid doing that. I'm locked out for 30 days anyway.
    Perhaps its time to set up a stand alone user account in that laptop <grin> Too nerve wracking dealing with this MSAccount.

Rose W, Oct 11, 2021
  4. Claw57 Win User

Admin Restricted Sign In, Cannot Sign in on locked Laptop

Mail app only working when signed in under Admin account

Upgraded from Windows 7 about two months ago, but this just started a few days ago.
    Tried to read my email and found that I could not use the mail app when signed in under my User account. (previously worked fine.)
    If I sign in under my Admin account, the mail app works normally.
    I've tried deleting and reinstalling the mail/calendar app, and now I don't even have the icons to launch them- not even listed on the start menu, except when using the Admin account.
    Is there another way to launch or repair the app?
    Any suggested fixes?
    Don't want to keep having to sign in as Admin just to read my email.
    Thanks!

Claw57, Oct 11, 2021
Thema:

Admin Restricted Sign In, Cannot Sign in on locked Laptop

1. Admin Restricted Sign In, Cannot Sign in on locked Laptop - Similar Threads - Admin Restricted Sign

2. Administrator restricted sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator restricted sign in: I am using HP pavilion laptop for personal use yesterday I lost my device and so I locked it using Microsoft find and lost feature and removed the device but now I have recovered my device and I am unable to login as it keeps saying "An administrator has restricted sign...
  3. Administrator restricted sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Administrator restricted sign in: I am using HP pavilion laptop for personal use yesterday I lost my device and so I locked it using Microsoft find and lost feature and removed the device but now I have recovered my device and I am unable to login as it keeps saying "An administrator has restricted sign...
  4. Administrator restricted sign in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator restricted sign in.: I have accidentally removed my son's PC from my Microsoft account and now when he goes to log into it, he first gets prompted with a page that says to contact me with my number on it, but then if you hit a key, it asks for a PIN. I entered in the PIN and I get the message...
  5. Administrator restricted sign in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator restricted sign in.: I have accidentally removed my son's PC from my Microsoft account and now when he goes to log into it, he first gets prompted with a page that says to contact me with my number on it, but then if you hit a key, it asks for a PIN. I entered in the PIN and I get the message...
  6. Administrator restricted sign in.

7. Admin Restricted Sign In, Cannot Sign in on locked Laptop

Admin Restricted Sign In, Cannot Sign in on locked Laptop: Hello I need help regarding an issue.Recently I was managing the devices linked to my Microsoft Account and I accidentally locked a laptop device and now when I attempt to Sign in i can't.It gives a screen saying "An administrator has restricted sign in", and requires an...
  8. Admin Restricted Sign In, Cannot Sign in on locked Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin Restricted Sign In, Cannot Sign in on locked Laptop: Hello I need help regarding an issue.Recently I was managing the devices linked to my Microsoft Account and I accidentally locked a laptop device and now when I attempt to Sign in i can't.It gives a screen saying "An administrator has restricted sign in", and requires an...
  9. has restricted sign in

in Windows 10 Customization
    has restricted sign in: i accidentally locked my system through Microsoft account,i cannot unlock it. when i power on laptop then showing has restricted sign in to sign in make sure your device is connected to the internet , and have your administrator sign in first...
  10. restricted sign in

in Windows 10 Customization
    restricted sign in: i accidentally locked my system through Microsoft account,i cannot unlock it. when i power on laptop then showing to sign in make sure your device is connected to the internet , and have your administrator sign in first...