Windows 10: Admin Rights on Win10 Issue

Discus and support Admin Rights on Win10 Issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I went to a clients computer today and she cannot do anything as the admin. She is unable to run any downloaded exe file or run anything as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thedarkhalf, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Admin Rights on Win10 Issue

So I went to a clients computer today and she cannot do anything as the admin. She is unable to run any downloaded exe file or run anything as administrator. Anytime I launch an exe or even try to run say a command prompt as admin, I get a prompt for an admin password. Her login/password doesn't work. She has the only account on the computer so she must be the admin. (tho this is disputed by the fact that 'Family & other Users" is missing from the Account Settings..

So I reset the admin password to blank using two different apps PassResetPro & Passscase Reset. One of those apps did say she was the admin. So I booted in safe mode and tried the admin password and still nothing. Of course any fix online that I can find needs the admin password like running command prompt as admin. I tried adding the user to admin group.. need admin privs. Anything I tried came up with nothing.

Is there any way around this? Would this have anything to do with maybe her logging in with her MS account and not being a local account on the machine? Any thoughts?? I'm really stumped on this one. It's an off-site client so I have limited access to the machine.

Thanks!

:)

thedarkhalf, Feb 28, 2019
  2. Matt18 Win User

admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Feb 28, 2019
  3. Admin rights

Well now you see my issue. I am restarting explorer with admin permission, but nothing changes. It still says I need admin permission when I try to do anything with the files.

power_surge_perf, Feb 28, 2019
  4. Namslas90 Win User

Admin Rights on Win10 Issue

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

Admin Rights on Win10 Issue

1. Admin Rights on Win10 Issue - Similar Threads - Admin Rights Win10

2. Admin rights

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin rights: Hi, I recently bought my laptop and I logged in using my account..but whenever I try to open a program it says first put in administrator username and password, when im the sign in page there are no other accounts , only mine..and whenever I try to run a program it says I am...
  3. No Admin rights

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Admin rights: Hi,I recently turned my PC off and when I have switched it back on, I have lost all admin rights on my PC.Certain programmes won't work such as Spotify and any games that I have installed through Xbox will not load both of which come up with the following error;'Windows...
  4. Local Admin/Domains Admin Rights ISSUE please help

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local Admin/Domains Admin Rights ISSUE please help: Hello Guys, I know that here is lot of theards with similar issue but I have really read most of topics hours and hours and still dont understand how to do it so I am thank you for all advices: So we have company network "namecompany.com" where is connected all devices in...
  5. is it an issue with my admin rights?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is it an issue with my admin rights?: i wanted to create a custom shortcut which would appear on my start menu, but when i right-clicked in start menu's programs folder in file explorer, the only new option would be a folder. and it would have the blue and yellow shield next to it. also i can't edit my .m4a files...
  6. Admin rights Issue on Personal Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin rights Issue on Personal Laptop: Hi Please help me It has been few day that I can not control my windows and PC properly I think I screwed something up as now my PC tell me I need admin rights I think I added another email of mine and this happened I cant see any other email to log in to and undo the...
  7. No admin rights

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No admin rights: I am logged in under Admin however I am not able to run any programs under Admin. I cannot restore, I cannot open certain programs..... cant do hardly anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-admin-rights/8c6b4b42-70c1-4bcd-98d4-5ff9a26fa1ec
  8. Admin rights

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Admin rights: I ran into this problem when I changed to windows 10 upgrade. Should I change my computer name to the Microsoft profile name or would it be easier to just change my Microsoft profile name to match my computer name? Thanks...
  9. Admin Rights on Win10 Issue

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin Rights on Win10 Issue: So I went to a clients computer today and she cannot do anything as the admin. She is unable to run any downloaded exe file or run anything as administrator. Anytime I launch an exe or even try to run say a command prompt as admin, I get a prompt for an admin password. Her...
  10. Admin Rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Admin Rights: How do I turn off passwords without being an Admin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/admin-rights/298f50bc-2051-4905-94df-23c039e3c9c3"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. admin right win10

2. powershell windows version 1809 negate admin rights issue