Windows 10: Admin rights to a specific app

Discus and support Admin rights to a specific app in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have 2 accounts, one with admin and other standard user. For the standard user I need an app [img] to autostart when logging in. The app is CoreTemp... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ganon, Oct 13, 2015.

1. ganon Win User

Admin rights to a specific app

I have 2 accounts, one with admin and other standard user. For the standard user I need an app
    Admin rights to a specific app [​IMG]
    to autostart when logging in. The app is CoreTemp and it wont launch because of this. If I'm around then I can launch it for whoever using it but that isn't ideal.

I read that I should install the said app in the standard account with admin rights but I get this error when trying to install it "The extended attributes are inconsistent"

So is there a way to give it specific admin rights?

:)

ganon, Oct 13, 2015

2. How to reinstate admin rights to a user account without administrator being activated in Windows 10?

Hi Jim,

To assist you better with your concern, may we confirm if you wish to have admin rights on your Windows 10 computer without creating an Administrator user account? If so, you may refer to the steps provided by Ronnie Vernon found on this

link

Looking forward to your response.

Jhessica Sur, Oct 13, 2015
  3. How to reinstate admin rights to a user account without administrator being activated in Windows 10?

How to reinstate admin rights to a user account without administrator being activated in Windows 10? The admin rights on my account were removed before the Administrator was enabled. How can I restore these Admin rights?

<Moderator Edit:Moved from Insider>

JimEngstrom, Oct 13, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

You can add a task scheduler entry to call the program at the log on of any user.

Go to task scheduler > Create task and run through all the tabs.

• On General tab give it a name and tick the "run with highest privileges" box.
    • On Triggers tab click new and set "Begin the task" to "At the logon of any user"
    • On Actions tab click new, leave the Action as "Start a program" and browse for your program.
    • On Conditions tab make sure "Start only on AC power" and "Stop if the computer switches to battery power" are not ticked.
    • On Settings tab you can keep the defaults.

Edit: Sorry after testing this doesn't work with non admin user.

5. ganon Win User
    ganon, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Admin rights to a specific app - Similar Threads - Admin rights specific

2. Admin rights

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin rights: Hi, I recently bought my laptop and I logged in using my account..but whenever I try to open a program it says first put in administrator username and password, when im the sign in page there are no other accounts , only mine..and whenever I try to run a program it says I am...
  3. No Admin rights

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Admin rights: Hi,I recently turned my PC off and when I have switched it back on, I have lost all admin rights on my PC.Certain programmes won't work such as Spotify and any games that I have installed through Xbox will not load both of which come up with the following error;'Windows...
  4. Admin Rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin Rights: So as you can see I'm an admin but when I try to do a admin thing or run task manager it waits like around 10 minutes and gives me the loading cursor and when its done loading it gives me a error message with error sound - Please Help...
  5. Provide an end user with Admin rights for a specific app

Provide an end user with Admin rights for a specific app: We have a number of end users that use an app that requires admin credentials every time it's launched. How can we provide full control to a user without having to constantly type in our admin creds everytime? I've tried a few options under PROPERTIES in the app, but none...
  6. No admin rights

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No admin rights: I am logged in under Admin however I am not able to run any programs under Admin. I cannot restore, I cannot open certain programs..... cant do hardly anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-admin-rights/8c6b4b42-70c1-4bcd-98d4-5ff9a26fa1ec
  7. Admin rights

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Admin rights: I ran into this problem when I changed to windows 10 upgrade. Should I change my computer name to the Microsoft profile name or would it be easier to just change my Microsoft profile name to match my computer name? Thanks...
  8. admin rights

admin rights: Hi, There is only one account in my laptop, which is selected as administrator but when i try to run the command "net localgroup administrators" in the cmd it show the administrators account named dell as i am having dell laptop, where as the name of my account is PIYUSH...
  9. Admin Rights

Admin Rights: When i look at my profile it says i'm Admin yet when i go into users and look at the account it say Local, when i change the setting to Admin the OK is greyed out so i cannot change it. I know at one point i used to get a pop up box to put password in to override but that box...
  10. Admin Rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Admin Rights: How do I turn off passwords without being an Admin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/admin-rights/298f50bc-2051-4905-94df-23c039e3c9c3"