Windows 10: Admin rights

Discus and support Admin rights in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I ran into this problem when I changed to windows 10 upgrade. Should I change my computer name to the Microsoft profile name or would it be easier to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by loangirl1, Nov 15, 2019.

1. loangirl1 Win User

Admin rights

I ran into this problem when I changed to windows 10 upgrade.

Should I change my computer name to the Microsoft profile name or would it be easier to just change my Microsoft profile name to match my computer name?

Thanks

:)

loangirl1, Nov 15, 2019
  2. Matt18 Win User

admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Nov 15, 2019
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Nov 15, 2019
  4. Admin rights

Admin rights

Well now you see my issue. I am restarting explorer with admin permission, but nothing changes. It still says I need admin permission when I try to do anything with the files.

power_surge_perf, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

Admin rights

1. Admin rights - Similar Threads - Admin rights

2. ADMIN RIGHTS / ACCESS TO C DRIVE

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ADMIN RIGHTS / ACCESS TO C DRIVE: I was trying to uninstall a program and have managed to change all the permissions to my c drive and no longer have any access rights, no admin rights and I've completely messed this up .. help? I'm using windows 10 and have completely locked myself out of everything. I...
  3. Can't create new folder without admin rights

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't create new folder without admin rights: On my h drive i cant create a folder without admin rights when i try to create new folder and click on new it shows this [IMG] How to fix .this is on my h disc when i try to copy a file from my phone it shows this [IMG] This not my c drive this is"h" drive there was no...
  4. Deleted Admin Account and have no access to admin rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleted Admin Account and have no access to admin rights: I have dual booted my MacBook Pro. In windows 10 I logged in as Admin and removed the account from membership tabs...So I am left only with standard user....Now I can not do any activity wherein admin rights are required.. I tried everything but not able to get back admin...
  5. Admin rights on my pc revoked. i am unable to install on my single user home pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Admin rights on my pc revoked. i am unable to install on my single user home pc: Being the single user of my own pc. And I am not seeing Administrator under my user name only Microsoft account Id. I am unable to install any new programs. Tried running command pmt window as admin but not allowed to do so. I am also not seeing Local users option in Computer...
  6. admin rights

admin rights: hi i am an admin on my personal computer but it not letting me change admin functions and comment prompt is showing my account as a user https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-rights/f5fcbd77-fd17-4c86-9c7a-a29825a9fc6a
  7. Power BI Admin Rights in Windows 10

Power BI Admin Rights in Windows 10: I'm trying to set myself with admin rights for Power BI so that I can change the settings in the admin portal...Tenant Settings. Currently, I only see Capacity Settings in "Admin Portal", I believe this is because I'm not set up as the admin. Once I'm able to access Tenant...
  8. How to give myself admin rights with cmd, without having any kind of admin rights already...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to give myself admin rights with cmd, without having any kind of admin rights already...: Hey, so yea, the title pretty much describes it. Btw. I am not trying to hack, I am just playing around with the commands. Also, if it is not possible, is there anything that would let me execute stuff like "Netsh interface set interface Wi-Fi disable" or something like that,...
  9. Apparently no admin rights in Microsoft what now?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Apparently no admin rights in Microsoft what now?: Just wanted to download FiveM files and I already got the download Cancelled due to insufficient permissions. If I want to open it now, it says I don't have enough access! I am the only one at the PC and I have no idea what to do now Anscheinend keine admin Rechte in...
  10. Log off laptop from AD/domain without admin rights?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Log off laptop from AD/domain without admin rights?: Heeey, I got a laptop from a friend. He said himself that the part is a bit older and that he has no access to it because the laptop is logged on to an AD. Now I have done some research and managed to create an account. Unfortunately he has no admin rights because I...