Windows 10: Admin rights

Discus and support Admin rights in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I ran into this problem when I changed to windows 10 upgrade. Should I change my computer name to the Microsoft profile name or would it be easier to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by loangirl1, Nov 15, 2019.

1. loangirl1 Win User

Admin rights

I ran into this problem when I changed to windows 10 upgrade.

Should I change my computer name to the Microsoft profile name or would it be easier to just change my Microsoft profile name to match my computer name?

Thanks

:)

loangirl1, Nov 15, 2019
  2. Matt18 Win User

admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Nov 15, 2019
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Nov 15, 2019
  4. Admin rights

Admin rights

Well now you see my issue. I am restarting explorer with admin permission, but nothing changes. It still says I need admin permission when I try to do anything with the files.

power_surge_perf, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

Admin rights

1. Admin rights - Similar Threads - Admin rights

2. Start menu search hangs if right-click, Run as Admin is used.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu search hangs if right-click, Run as Admin is used.: If I use the start menu search bar for items such as Notepad, CMD etc. and do right click run as administrator Nothing happens. If I simply double click then it launches ok, i have ticked the run as administrator in the file / shortcut properties, so double clicking does run...
  3. Admin Rights switched to Standard User

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin Rights switched to Standard User: Win10 Pro Ver. 21H1 I recently changed my logon password and somehow (probably being careless) have disabled my Administrator Rights and switched the system to Standard User. Now of course the UAC is preventing me from opening apps, various sites, Power Shell (Admin) or...
  4. Admin Rights switched to Standard User

in Windows 10 Support
    Admin Rights switched to Standard User: Win10 Pro Ver. 21H1 I recently changed my logon password and somehow (probably being careless) have disabled my Administrator Rights and switched the system to Standard User. Now of course the UAC is preventing me from opening apps, various sites, Power Shell (Admin) or...
  5. Enabled admin rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enabled admin rights: I have a ssd and had I my pc and I wanted to move files from the ssd to hdd I looked it up and turns out I needed to enable all admim right, so that I did but after following the steps I restarted my pc and when I opened it, a other user pops up and I need to put my user and...
  6. Unknown user “CDDaemonUser” asking for password to run any programs with admin rights,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unknown user “CDDaemonUser” asking for password to run any programs with admin rights,...: So I am using a Windows 10 Computer which I use to run a particular program which is important to my business. The program has to be run with admin rights. The computer never had any password before and I was able to run the program directly without any password. Yesterday I...
  7. How do I install any Software without Admin Rights

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I install any Software without Admin Rights: How do i do install software without admin rights https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-install-any-software-without-admin-rights/0b2fe6a3-9005-4f7c-8650-93a82f0f8aff
  8. Admin rights

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Admin rights: So from no where ive lost my admin rights and i cannot install or add anything to my own PC. I tried searching for solution around google and youtube tried everything almost but any step i want to take i s asking me to to provide admin password and the option is grey so i...
  9. After BSOD/recovery I am stripped of many Admin rights, e.g. RIGHT MOUSE CLICK on Services...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    After BSOD/recovery I am stripped of many Admin rights, e.g. RIGHT MOUSE CLICK on Services...: Windows10 pro x64, 10.0.18363.1440 After a horrible BSOD event "Microcode revision mismatch" x017E, at every boot I could revitalize my Win10 by a boot partition fix via a special repair tool I had to buy. All other methods to access Windows, or the MS recovery/restore...
  10. Shared laptop can't download to Program Files, but I am an Admin with full rights

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared laptop can't download to Program Files, but I am an Admin with full rights: Soooo frustrating, please help. My husband is the "owner" of the laptop and he has given me full access / permissions as an Administrator. However, when I try to save a file to the C: > Program Files x86 > it tells me to contact my Admin for permissions. I have checked all...