Windows 10: Admin setting reset

Discus and support Admin setting reset in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all! I recently purchased this computer from a friend. It was her mothers computer. Her mom set up and adjusted the admin settings to where she... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ChristyBreidenstein, Oct 23, 2021.

1. Admin setting reset

Hello all! I recently purchased this computer from a friend. It was her mothers computer. Her mom set up and adjusted the admin settings to where she was the only account authorized to change and control these settings. Her mom passed away about 3 or 4 years ago and the passwords went along with her. So...My question is:Is there a way that I can restore the computer to the "out of box" state so I can control all aspects of this computer? Any help what so ever would be appreciated. The computer is a HP TouchSmart 15. I'm not 100% sure which windows program is pre-loaded when she boug

:)

ChristyBreidenstein, Oct 23, 2021
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Oct 23, 2021
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Oct 23, 2021
  4. angus Win User

Admin setting reset

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Oct 23, 2021
Thema:

Admin setting reset

1. Admin setting reset - Similar Threads - Admin setting reset

2. admin reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    admin reset: i cant seem to reset my admin perms on my personal windows 11 rig. my brother used win+r netplwiz and switched to a different profile and i cant seem to change it back after trying netplwiz and compmgmt.msc. i cant find the profiles page on compmgmt.msc if there is any thing...
  3. admin reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    admin reset: i cant seem to reset my admin perms on my personal windows 11 rig. my brother used win+r netplwiz and switched to a different profile and i cant seem to change it back after trying netplwiz and compmgmt.msc. i cant find the profiles page on compmgmt.msc if there is any thing...
  4. Admin PW reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Admin PW reset: When I follow the steps to change my admin PW after I click on change PW I get a message that says something went wrong try again. Any advice on why I am getting this error message?...
  5. Admin setting reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin setting reset: Hello all! I recently purchased this computer from a friend. It was her mothers computer. Her mom set up and adjusted the admin settings to where she was the only account authorized to change and control these settings. Her mom passed away about 3 or 4 years ago and the...
  6. Admin Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin Settings: When I unhide the User folder in C drive, I cant see any folder with my name, I am the admin of PC . Or when I go into properties->Security of any folderfor example one on desktop I see 3 names in the User name list 1. System 2. Yashadatwin\hp...
  7. admin settings

admin settings: I am the admin of this computer but, I regularly have to approve of or use admin rights to run some apps. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-settings/cf5cd7cb-605e-41c4-9347-de4029e55bcc
  8. Admin password reset (non-admin)

Admin password reset (non-admin): pleas solv my problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password-reset-non-admin/01f6113b-936f-422a-a5d1-2ffa3d1455d6
  9. resetting Windows 10 to factory settings while not an admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    resetting Windows 10 to factory settings while not an admin: I have a user who somehow reset his surface with windows 10 back to factory settings (out of the box lets set up the pen, wireless etc) is there a way to lock this down so employees cannot tamper with their device upon a termination?...
  10. admin settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    admin settings: How to activate the admin account on Windows 10 Pro? I keep getting the error that says Acess is denied. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-settings/d50ea246-cc0f-4134-952c-27980c8f392a"