Windows 10: Admin share c$

Discus and support Admin share c$ in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ages ago, one could remotely access any computer connected on the same LAN. One could simply go to Start \ Run, and enter \\computername\c$. With... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IvanWilliams, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Admin share c$

Ages ago, one could remotely access any computer connected on the same LAN.
    One could simply go to Start \ Run, and enter \\computername\c$. With Windows 8 & 10, that does not seem to be an option.

In short, if I am at home with multiple computers connected to a LAN (or WIFI), and I want to copy data from one computer to another, besides a USB thumb drive and such, what's the better way?

Thanks in advance
    Ivan

:)

IvanWilliams, Jan 18, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• Are you connected to Domain network?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R, type fsmgmt.msc.
    • Select Shares and right click on C$.
    • Select Stop Sharing.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 18, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jan 18, 2019
  4. Admin share c$

Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

Admin share c$

1. Admin share c$ - Similar Threads - Admin share

2. Want to restrict standard user account to share any folder and sub-files, but admin account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to restrict standard user account to share any folder and sub-files, but admin account...: I Want to Restrict the Standard User Account from Sharing Any folder and files but the Admin Account Can Share that folder and files.Till now I have used :- I'm Using Windows 11 pro edition Create a New User Group:In the Local Users and Groups window, right-click on "Groups"...
  3. Want to restrict standard user account to share any folder and sub-files, but admin account...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Want to restrict standard user account to share any folder and sub-files, but admin account...: I Want to Restrict the Standard User Account from Sharing Any folder and files but the Admin Account Can Share that folder and files.Till now I have used :- I'm Using Windows 11 pro edition Create a New User Group:In the Local Users and Groups window, right-click on "Groups"...
  4. IPC$ and ADMIN$ appear as remote shared folders - and Admin access.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IPC$ and ADMIN$ appear as remote shared folders - and Admin access.: 1. I noticed in my Management console I have Share Name "IPC$" no folder path, and with description "Remote IPS". As well as I have another Share Name "ADMIN$" folder path "C:\\WINDOWS" and description 'Remote Admin.' I suspect that this may not be good, as it is my computer,...
  5. IPC$ and ADMIN$ appear as remote shared folders - and Admin access.

IPC$ and ADMIN$ appear as remote shared folders - and Admin access.: 1. I noticed in my Management console I have Share Name "IPC$" no folder path, and with description "Remote IPS". As well as I have another Share Name "ADMIN$" folder path "C:\\WINDOWS" and description 'Remote Admin.' I suspect that this may not be good, as it is my computer,...
  6. IPC$ and ADMIN$ appear as remote shared folders - and Admin access.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. folder creation and sharing, i want to create an admin user that have only permission to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    folder creation and sharing, i want to create an admin user that have only permission to...: Hi,I have an issue related to folder creation and sharing, i want to create an admin user that have only permission to modify folders and file but not have domain admin access.He can create delete share files and folders.Please help....
  8. folder creation and sharing, i want to create an admin user that have only permission to...

folder creation and sharing, i want to create an admin user that have only permission to...: Hi,I have an issue related to folder creation and sharing, i want to create an admin user that have only permission to modify folders and file but not have domain admin access.He can create delete share files and folders.Please help....
  9. how to create admin permission for each time user wants to use shared printer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to create admin permission for each time user wants to use shared printer?: Is it possible to make a policy to make all users in the domain controller not be able to print except after taking permission from the admin every time he wants to use the printer?i work with windows server standard 2019...
  10. how to create admin permission for each time user wants to use shared printer?

how to create admin permission for each time user wants to use shared printer?: Is it possible to make a policy to make all users in the domain controller not be able to print except after taking permission from the admin every time he wants to use the printer?i work with windows server standard 2019...