Windows 10: Admin share drive

Discus and support Admin share drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Before when I was using windows 7 on 2 computers, I was able to access Admin Share drives "\\IP_ADDRESS\C$" When I upgraded one of the PC to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ZeusUSAMOR, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Admin share drive

Hi,

Before when I was using windows 7 on 2 computers, I was able to access Admin Share drives "\\IP_ADDRESS\C$"

When I upgraded one of the PC to Windows 10 I can't access it anymore.

From Windows 10 to Windows 7 ==> Network Error- windows cannot access

From Windows 7 to Windows 10 ==> Network Error- windows cannot access

I followed those instructions and none of them work :

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...rk-drive/8e021f6a-4e5f-4265-914d-67343450fa3a

Thank you,

:)

ZeusUSAMOR, Jul 5, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jul 5, 2019
  3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Jul 5, 2019
  4. DTG1 Win User

Admin share drive

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

Admin share drive

1. Admin share drive - Similar Threads - Admin share drive

2. IPC$ and ADMIN$ appear as remote shared folders - and Admin access.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IPC$ and ADMIN$ appear as remote shared folders - and Admin access.: 1. I noticed in my Management console I have Share Name "IPC$" no folder path, and with description "Remote IPS". As well as I have another Share Name "ADMIN$" folder path "C:\\WINDOWS" and description 'Remote Admin.' I suspect that this may not be good, as it is my computer,...
  3. IPC$ and ADMIN$ appear as remote shared folders - and Admin access.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IPC$ and ADMIN$ appear as remote shared folders - and Admin access.: 1. I noticed in my Management console I have Share Name "IPC$" no folder path, and with description "Remote IPS". As well as I have another Share Name "ADMIN$" folder path "C:\\WINDOWS" and description 'Remote Admin.' I suspect that this may not be good, as it is my computer,...
  4. Share Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Share Drive: Good morning The issue is at its follows. I'm trying to map a share drive for a user, I can see the drive and add it but the system gives me the "Network error" that the user doesn't have access to it. User is already added to the corresponding security groups, system is up...
  5. Share Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Share Drive: Good morning The issue is at its follows. I'm trying to map a share drive for a user, I can see the drive and add it but the system gives me the "Network error" that the user doesn't have access to it. User is already added to the corresponding security groups, system is up...
  6. Share a drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Share a drive: Hello. I have set up a second computer on my home network. I am trying to share a drive from one to the other. Everything seemed to work fine until I was asked for my credentials to connect by windows security I have tried my microsoft account name and PW, tried what settings...
  7. Shared Drives

Shared Drives: I am not able to map a drive or connect to a shared network drive using Win 10. I have win 10 home on one system and win 7 home on other. The C and F drives on the win 7 are shared with everyone and when I try and connect to either drive using a win 7 system all is ok. If I...
  8. Drive Sharing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Drive Sharing: I believe that an outside source has gotten into my computer. I have detected a drive sharing indication when signing on to the internet. I have been unable to delete the drive sharing. How do I do it?...
  9. Admin share c$

Admin share c$: Ages ago, one could remotely access any computer connected on the same LAN. One could simply go to Start \ Run, and enter \\computername\c$. With Windows 8 & 10, that does not seem to be an option. In short, if I am at home with multiple computers connected to a LAN (or...
  10. Cannot access Admin shares

Cannot access Admin shares: I have two Windows 10 machines and a Windows 8.1 machine: - PCWIN10-01 - PCWIN10-02 - PCWIN8-03 I want to be able to open admin shares on PCWIN10-01 from PCWIN10-02 and I am getting access denied. Both machines have Creators update. I have searched online for the past...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to access windows admin share windows 10