Windows 10: Admin sign-in - password incorrect when trying to convert HD for Win11

Discus and support Admin sign-in - password incorrect when trying to convert HD for Win11 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to convert my HD from MBR to GPT on win10 so that I can upgrade to Win11. When I go to advanced options > command prompt it asks for... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Liquid Samurai, Oct 6, 2021.

1. Admin sign-in - password incorrect when trying to convert HD for Win11

Hi, I am trying to convert my HD from MBR to GPT on win10 so that I can upgrade to Win11. When I go to advanced options > command prompt it asks for the admin account to use I choose the only one - me and then it asks for a password. It wont accept it, so I can go no further. I have tried resetting it but it still doesn't work. I can still log-in to Win10 OS ok with the password I use so what am I doing wrong?!

:)

Liquid Samurai, Oct 6, 2021
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Oct 6, 2021
  3. Try3 Win User
    Forgotten admin password.

Sorry but "Admin account" might be a description. Is your answer to 1 that you are signed in to the built-in account with the username Administrator or do you just mean that you are signed in to an account that has admin status [an account that you have made at some stage]?

The account to select in the list is the one that you want to reset the password to. If that is the one you are signed in to then you'll get that To change your password press Alt+Ctrl+Delete message instead [and the existing password is needed in order to do any change].

You need to be signed in to a different admin user account in order to reset the existing one's password. By the way, you will lose all your saved internet sign-in credentials by resetting it.
    - You could create a new password-protected, admin-level local user account {steps given in a separate post below} then sign in to it so you could then use netplwiz to reset the original one.

Denis

Try3, Oct 6, 2021
  4. Admin sign-in - password incorrect when trying to convert HD for Win11

When trying to sign in to windows 10 it keeps telling me my password is incorrect

Hi,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Are you trying to sign in to the Microsoft account/Local account?

• Is it the first time you are trying to sign in to the Windows 10 computer?
    Until you reply to us, you may follow the below suggestions and check if it helps to resolve your query.

If you are trying to sign in to the Windows 10 for the first time and you get the error “That password is incorrect”, you may follow the suggestions
    provided by Wasim A in the below thread and check if it help.

When trying to sign into Windows 10 for the first time, I get the error “That password is incorrect.”

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-1419-46f5-ab81-bccb1f82803e?tm=1439853865980

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 6, 2021
Thema:

Admin sign-in - password incorrect when trying to convert HD for Win11

1. Admin sign-in - password incorrect when trying to convert HD for Win11 - Similar Threads - Admin sign password

2. Admin password incorrect but there never was a password??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin password incorrect but there never was a password??: Hi, I’ve basically been frozen out of windows. So I installed a new graphic driver then suddenly when it restarted it wouldn’t allow me to boot into windows. It’s booting my computer into troubleshoot. The problem I’m having is that it won’t allow me to boot into safe mode...
  3. Admin password incorrect but there never was a password??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Admin password incorrect but there never was a password??: Hi, I’ve basically been frozen out of windows. So I installed a new graphic driver then suddenly when it restarted it wouldn’t allow me to boot into windows. It’s booting my computer into troubleshoot. The problem I’m having is that it won’t allow me to boot into safe mode...
  4. Admin password incorrect but there never was a password??

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Signed in with an incorrect email or password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Signed in with an incorrect email or password: I'm trying to activate "account protection" in Windows Security. I am getting the message "You've tried to sign in too many times with an incorrect account or password." and I'm also getting the message to confirm that I'm not a robot and enter several characters, but it...
  6. Blue screen and admin password is incorrect

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen and admin password is incorrect: My laptop shows blue screen error.Stop code: Critical Process Died.The problem is for every action it needs administrative password, I type in my Microsoft account password but it says password is incorrect.My yahoo email I.d shows above it any possible way if I could recover...
  7. "Password incorrect" when attempting to log in to admin account in recovery password is not...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Password incorrect" when attempting to log in to admin account in recovery password is not...: Hi there - For the past week or so I've been dealing with some file system corruption errors, which has required a restart so that Windows can make repairs. When Windows is done scanning and repairing my drive, it launches into an additional recovery mode to complete the...
  8. Password incorrect - No admin user when trying to troubleshoot start up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password incorrect - No admin user when trying to troubleshoot start up: I was on my computer in the morning. I had a hit to my Comcast and then my computer was black. I did a hard shut down and powered it back up once Comcast was back up. When I enter the password it tells me it is incorrect. I tried a restart holding shift and then tried to...
  9. password is incorrect at sign on

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    password is incorrect at sign on: Hi, My Windows 10 machine which was working perfectly , has started giving this weird message "password is incorrect" from last few days. I believe this wto fix itas after a microsoft silent update. The password is correct. I tried various way to recover it. But since the...
  10. incorrect password on windows sign in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    incorrect password on windows sign in: I turn on my computer, my name appears and I try to enter my password. It tells me incorrect password and no option to reset it. I have checked cap locks, number locks and have tried to use the screen keyboard. When I click the icon to show password it is correct. I have...