Windows 10: Admin + User account? Or admin + always notify UAC + password prompt?

Discus and support Admin + User account? Or admin + always notify UAC + password prompt? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Seems like the recommendation is to use a user account when logging to leaving the admin account to make changes to the computer. However, if the UAC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AI-ape, Jan 31, 2021.

1. /u/AI-ape Win User

Admin + User account? Or admin + always notify UAC + password prompt?

Seems like the recommendation is to use a user account when logging to leaving the admin account to make changes to the computer.

However, if the UAC (user access control) is set to always notify and the registry is set to always require a password. Does this fulfil the same purpose in terms of preventing a malicious program from doing extensive damage? Or is the admin + user route the better solution?

submitted by /u/AI-ape
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AI-ape, Jan 31, 2021
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jan 31, 2021
  3. Any way to enable an admin password for UAC in windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Open User Account Control Settings by clicking the Start button.
    • Then type uac, and then click Change User Account Control settings.

• Do one of the following:
    • To turn off UAC, move the slider to the Never notify position, and then click
      OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. You will need to restart your computer for UAC to be turned off.
    • To turn on UAC, move the slider to choose when you want to be notified, and then click
      OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jan 31, 2021
  4. Superfly Win User

Run .BAT as admin without UAC prompt?

Any elevation from Standard user should produce a UAC prompt - that's a security feature - to run the script as Admin silently from a non-Admin a/c you will have to include the username and password when elevating it.

The work-around is running it from a Scheduled Task with System rights, thereby not hardcoding or exposing the password in the script - the caveat is the task will need to be created/imported under Admin rights.

Superfly, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

1. Admin + User account? Or admin + always notify UAC + password prompt? - Similar Threads - Admin User account

2. auto input admin account password UAC prompts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    auto input admin account password UAC prompts: Dear SirHelloI have windows 10 Version 10.0.19044.1889I have two accounts , built in administrator account "administrator" , Another administrator account "PC"computer\administrator and computer\pcI configured UAC in local security policy "prompt for credential" "behavior of...
  3. auto input admin account password UAC prompts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    auto input admin account password UAC prompts: Dear SirHelloI have windows 10 Version 10.0.19044.1889I have two accounts , built in administrator account "administrator" , Another administrator account "PC"computer\administrator and computer\pcI configured UAC in local security policy "prompt for credential" "behavior of...
  4. auto input admin account password UAC prompts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. UAC not prompting admin credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC not prompting admin credentials: Hi everyone, i'm having a problem with uac in my domain, when i'm running softwares installations i'm not getting the option to enter admin credentials when i'm opening the software installation as administrator.Thanks...
  6. UAC not prompting admin credentials

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC not prompting admin credentials: Hi everyone, i'm having a problem with uac in my domain, when i'm running softwares installations i'm not getting the option to enter admin credentials when i'm opening the software installation as administrator.Thanks...
  7. UAC not prompting admin credentials

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. UAC thinks standard user account is an Admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC thinks standard user account is an Admin: In our domain, user accounts are not Admins and Admin accounts have no access to the internet. Brilliant right? Except it makes it troublesome to install that software that requires both Admin rights AND internet access with the same account. My work-around for this has been...
  9. Using Admin Account with UAC Prompting for Credentials?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Using Admin Account with UAC Prompting for Credentials?: I just installed Windows 10 and my local user account is a Local Admin Account. However, under Local Security Policy settings, I set the UAC Prompt to Prompt for Credentials on the Secure Desktop (for Admin accounts). Can I also use this account to browse the web, check...
  10. admin account with UAC, or non-admin account with admin password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    admin account with UAC, or non-admin account with admin password: On a 2016 tutorial, the teacher said that it was important to create a new user as an administrator, and removing the admin rights of the user that I use all the time. Then, using admin privilege only when necessary, e.g. "run as administrator", and entering the password of...