Windows 10: Admin/user icon on almost every desktop icon?

Discus and support Admin/user icon on almost every desktop icon? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I suddenly have the admin/user icon on almost all of my desktop icons, usually when something is a shortcut you have the shortcut icon in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rick Rasenberg, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Admin/user icon on almost every desktop icon?

Hi, I suddenly have the admin/user icon on almost all of my desktop icons, usually when something is a shortcut you have the shortcut icon in the bottom left of the desktop icons but now theres something else. Does anyone know how to fix this?

See the image for the problem.

Admin/user icon on almost every desktop icon? 43fab888-197b-4990-b64e-780523e97a04?upload=true.png

Thanks for any help in advance.

:)

Rick Rasenberg, Jun 11, 2020
  2. Mussels Win User

Removing desktop icons

the icons are located in 'all users' folder somewhere (for example, i see a few shared icons in "C:\Users\Public\Desktop" )

The only way to fix those, is to remove the icons from there, and place them on to each users desktops manually. an admin may need to do this.

Mussels, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Error 404 Win User
    Removing desktop icons

I want to remove some Icons from my desktop, but Vista asks for Admin permission to continue (I'm not an admin *Frown Admin/user icon on almost every desktop icon? :( ).
    It seems that whenever I delete one of these icons from my desktop, it is also removed from all the other user accounts. For example, I deleted the Skype icon from my desktop, and it was then removed from everyone elses as well.
    How can I delete icons from my desktop only, without affecting anyone elses?

Error 404, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Admin/user icon on almost every desktop icon?

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Admin/user icon on almost every desktop icon?

1. Admin/user icon on almost every desktop icon? - Similar Threads - Admin user icon

2. Files/icons not syncing to the users desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files/icons not syncing to the users desktop.: Hello,We have an umbrella 2008 r2 server with vpn access so users can work remote. The users desktop and documents are synced with the server which allows me to backup and retrieve any files they may of deleted/corrupted. All users are on windows 11 with 2018+ laptops.The...
  3. Files/icons not syncing to the users desktop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files/icons not syncing to the users desktop.: Hello,We have an umbrella 2008 r2 server with vpn access so users can work remote. The users desktop and documents are synced with the server which allows me to backup and retrieve any files they may of deleted/corrupted. All users are on windows 11 with 2018+ laptops.The...
  4. Admin icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin icon: Hello! I have three vbs programs and i was wondering how do i make my icons in UAC shield form. Respond if you know how to help. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-icon/3db305a6-af9f-4f39-946e-9c3e11d3bcc7
  5. Admin icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin icon: Hello! I have three vbs programs and i was wondering how do i make my icons in UAC shield form. Respond if you know how to help. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-icon/3db305a6-af9f-4f39-946e-9c3e11d3bcc7
  6. Admin icon

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Desktop icons across all users

Desktop icons across all users: How can I stop the desktop icons from changing across all users? There's two accounts on my PC: mine and my friend's. Mine is a Microsoft, his is a local account. If I delete a shortcut from my desktop, it's deleted on his too. How can we stop this? It's annoying....
  8. User icon pics and User desktop background setup

User icon pics and User desktop background setup: Running Windows 10 … have 5 Users defined on one PC. Have 2 PCs on home network. The pics for User icons and User desktop background/setups getting interchanged, some between the 2 PCs. What gives??? How to stop this action. Jim H...
  9. Domain Admin can't set Desktop Icons

Domain Admin can't set Desktop Icons: A brand new Win 10 Pro (64-bit) from DELL. FWIW, BOTH DOMAIN ADMINs and DOMAIN USERS were added to the Local Administrators Group. I (DOMAIN ADMIN) wanted to add "This PC" and "Network" to the local Desktop. I couldn't open Themes | "Desktop Icon Settings" to do that....
  10. Change icon of application (Almost there...)

Change icon of application (Almost there...): Hi everybody. Maybe someone can help me *Smile I'm trying to change the icon of an application to better suit the windows 10 look, the app is the Postbox email client. So far I used Resource Hacker and I almost did it, I changed the original icon, the shortcuts in the...