Windows 10: admin user or any user folder not avaliable in the my computer files

Discus and support admin user or any user folder not avaliable in the my computer files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; while try to write a path for addons such as a game, there is no user available in the folder is anyone else on windows 10 having this problem? 20031 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Derek20, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Derek20 Win User

admin user or any user folder not avaliable in the my computer files

while try to write a path for addons such as a game, there is no user available in the folder is anyone else on windows 10 having this problem?

:)

Derek20, Aug 29, 2015
  2. AttorraRu Win User

Admin but can't get admin to work!

I'm the only user on my computer, and there is only one account. I can't access files that as an admin I should be able too, it tells me I'm not an admin. I checked my account and it is listed as an admin. I found the above work through, and when I did it
    there was no Local User and Groups on the list of tabs.

I'm getting sick fed up of not being able to fix any issues that my computer has. I can't even open the Temp folder under the windows files!

AttorraRu, Aug 29, 2015
  3. Fizzio Win User
    Administrator persmission

Thank you...however:

There is no Owner Tab > Edit

There is a Change button, no password requested, which when accessed, brings up "Select User or Group" window with:

i. Select this object type: ...

ii. From this location: ...

iii. Enter the object name to select ...)

But the Owner is already annotated as me in the Advanced Security Settings window...

The Permission entries are:

Allow / HomeUsers / Read & Execute / C:\Users\admin\Documents\ / This folder,sub-folders and files

Allow / SYSTEM / Full Control / C:\Users\admin\ / This folder,sub-folders and files

Allow / Administrators / Full Control / C:\Users\admin\ / This folder,sub-folders and files

Allow / admin / Full Control / C:\Users\admin\ / This folder,sub-folders and files

I am "admin" and annotated as "Administrator" in my status

What next?

Fizzio, Aug 29, 2015
  4. Antilope Win User

Some of the folders you are looking for under C:\Users are hidden folders. To make them visible, in File Explorer, from the top menu bar select VIEW and check box to Show Hidden Items. The folders you are searching for should now be visible.

You may have to close and restart File Explorer after checking the Show Hidden Items box for the hidden files and hidden folders to be visible.

Antilope, Aug 29, 2015
  5. Derek20 Win User
    I tried as you suggested but it still did not make my account available in the user file.
    would you happen to have any other suggestions?
    thank you very much

Derek20, Aug 29, 2015
  6. Antilope Win User
    Sorry, I don't have any other suggestions. Maybe someone else will have some.

Antilope, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. admin user or any user folder not avaliable in the my computer files - Similar Threads - admin user user

2. Change my admin user folder name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change my admin user folder name: I already have an admin account on this PC named "sam" but my folder is named samfl the first 5 letters in my email. I want the name of that folder to be sam. I have 2 other W10 PC's with exactly that scenario. I don't know why this is so hard but I already had to re-install...
  3. User folder is missing + admin permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User folder is missing + admin permissions: Hello, I've purchased a new laptop with Windows 11 Pro installed. In order to solve a problem with Photoshop 2023, I am supposed to follow this path:Navigate to /Users/YOURUSERNAME/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop 2020 SettingsSelect that file File>Get InfoUnder...
  4. User folder is missing + admin permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User folder is missing + admin permissions: Hello, I've purchased a new laptop with Windows 11 Pro installed. In order to solve a problem with Photoshop 2023, I am supposed to follow this path:Navigate to /Users/YOURUSERNAME/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop 2020 SettingsSelect that file File>Get InfoUnder...
  5. User Not Able to Rename Folders on Any Computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Not Able to Rename Folders on Any Computers: I have an unusual issue where a specific user is not able to rename folders on any computer she logs onto. She can create and delete folders that she can't rename. This occurs on any computer she logs onto, including newly imaged computers that she's never used before. On the...
  6. User Not Able to Rename Folders on Any Computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Not Able to Rename Folders on Any Computers: I have an unusual issue where a specific user is not able to rename folders on any computer she logs onto. She can create and delete folders that she can't rename. This occurs on any computer she logs onto, including newly imaged computers that she's never used before. On the...
  7. User Not Able to Rename Folders on Any Computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Admin User duplicating files from Standard User

Admin User duplicating files from Standard User: Hi all, I recently logged in into the Admin User on my PC and while cleaning some stuff up I noticed that C:\Users\admin\Documents had certain folders corresponding to my Standard User account. I checked these folders inside and they have the same files! For example, the...
  9. User to admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User to admin: Hello. I only have one account on my pc and I have transformed it into an user account. Now I can't access the admin privileges. How should Ichange it back to an admin account and create a new user account?...
  10. ADMIN Permission to access USERS folder

ADMIN Permission to access USERS folder: I am the Administrator of this computer but why won't windows 10 allow me to access users file folder? Getting confused. How do I get permission to open the USERS folder? By the way I'm using the NETWORK to access my other computers....