Windows 10: Admin user rights requires fingerprint; password not an option

Discus and support Admin user rights requires fingerprint; password not an option in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am admin. In Admin account, Windows Security App & Browser Control is enabled. In a User Account, it is not. When I try to activate it, a window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by giiancarlo, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Admin user rights requires fingerprint; password not an option

I am admin. In Admin account, Windows Security App & Browser Control is enabled. In a User Account, it is not. When I try to activate it, a window pops up asking for Admin privileges and I am asked for fingerprint. Fingerprint doesn't work. Doesn't work to login to Admin either. However, even if I remove the registered fingerprint in Admin, I am still unable to obtain Admin privileges in the User account, to enable App & Browser Control. Though my password is requested, the option to enter does not appear. Help.

:)

giiancarlo, Oct 6, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Oct 6, 2020
  3. Bropper Win User
    Forgot Admin Password and Pin, usually use fingerprint but now requires pin!

I usually use my fingerprint to log into the admin account which I do so rarely. I have a few other non-admin accounts on the laptop.

When I tried to log into the admin account today with the fingerprint it asks for my pin as well?! This seems to be an issue with some new update. So now I cannot access the admin account since I do not know the pin or password (although the fingerprint
    is recognized and requires an extra pin to be approved)

This is entirely retarded, do I no longer have admin access for Windows 10 and I DO NOT WANT TO WIPE OUT MY COMPUTER TO RESTORE ADMIN ACCESS BEFORE ANYONE SUGGESTS THAT.

Bropper, Oct 6, 2020
  4. eDotJ Win User

Admin user rights requires fingerprint; password not an option

Require Admin Password or Fingerprint to Install Programs?

Hey all,

I was wondering if there was a way to require an Admin password or fingerprint (using the sensor on my PC) when installing an application, even when I am already an admin on the PC. I would like to do this just as another layer of security. As you know,
    on windows if you're an admin, you simply need to click "Yes" or "No" to install an app, which anyone can do if my computer happens to be left unlocked at any point.

Thanks.

eDotJ, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

Admin user rights requires fingerprint; password not an option

1. Admin user rights requires fingerprint; password not an option - Similar Threads - Admin user rights

2. Remove option for non-admin user password when requiring admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove option for non-admin user password when requiring admin password: Hi, How can I remove the option of giving my non-admin account password when requiring admin elevation? I recently got a new computer Win11, I have my account set up as a non-admin account with a seperate admin account. However when I am on my non-admin account and I need to...
  3. Remove option for non-admin user password when requiring admin password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove option for non-admin user password when requiring admin password: Hi, How can I remove the option of giving my non-admin account password when requiring admin elevation? I recently got a new computer Win11, I have my account set up as a non-admin account with a seperate admin account. However when I am on my non-admin account and I need to...
  4. require an admin password for a user trying to access "Properties"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    require an admin password for a user trying to access "Properties": <moved from Microsoft Word>Hello. I am trying to require the admin password for the "properties" tab that is highlighted, but I am not sure how to do that. I noticed the blue and yellow shield, but I could not enforce the admin password for these properties, because when I...
  5. UAC asks for admin password regardless of user rights

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    UAC asks for admin password regardless of user rights: Windows 10, workgroup schema: One of my clients is changing line-of-business software and I was told the users need write permissions to the folder where the new client program resides. C:\program files x86 \ folder. ONE user is having an issue. She has to call over an...
  6. Login now requires password instead of showing options with PIN and Fingerprint

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Login now requires password instead of showing options with PIN and Fingerprint: For many years, my login screen has given me the option to login via fingerprint, PIN and password. For all of the time I have been using either fingerprint or password. Now, when I tried to login after my laptop went to sleep, it only prompts for password. All combinations...
  7. Admin password required for sign-in password.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin password required for sign-in password.: Hey. Is there a way I can make windows to ask for my admin password to confirm when changing the sign-in password for windows? Just curious. 119339
  8. Require Admin Password or Fingerprint to Install Programs?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Require Admin Password or Fingerprint to Install Programs?: Hey all, I was wondering if there was a way to require an Admin password or fingerprint (using the sensor on my PC) when installing an application, even when I am already an admin on the PC. I would like to do this just as another layer of security. As you know, on windows...
  9. Forgot Admin Password and Pin, usually use fingerprint but now requires pin!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot Admin Password and Pin, usually use fingerprint but now requires pin!: I usually use my fingerprint to log into the admin account which I do so rarely. I have a few other non-admin accounts on the laptop. When I tried to log into the admin account today with the fingerprint it asks for my pin as well?! This seems to be an issue with some new...
  10. PIN + Fingerprint but no password option?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    PIN + Fingerprint but no password option?: Preinstalled OS on new laptop w/fingerprint reader. Starting the machine I was prompted for a PIN and then my fingerprint but not a (the) password that I use on my Win7 machine and is required for various installed programs and the home network. I must be blind but...