Windows 10: admin WHICH IS ME has set policies to prevent this instillation

Discus and support admin WHICH IS ME has set policies to prevent this instillation in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just got my laptop Set it all up Downloaded Adventure academy for my child's school, paid for the entire year and downloaded it. Then this icon pops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HollyDavis3, Jun 4, 2020.

1. admin WHICH IS ME has set policies to prevent this instillation

Just got my laptop

Set it all up

Downloaded Adventure academy for my child's school, paid for the entire year and downloaded it. Then this icon pops up stating The administrator WHICH IS ME!!! has set policies to prevent this instiallation

What do I do

PLUS you can't call HP for help or anyone

:)

HollyDavis3, Jun 4, 2020

2. Is there anyway i can prevent tethering on win 7?

I did some digging and came across this:

Use Group Policy to prevent the installation of new network devices.

You'll find an option in Administrative Templates \ System \ Device Installation \ Device Installation Restrictions \ Prevent installation of devices using drivers that match these driver setup classes. From its description:

This policy setting allows you to specify a list of device setup class globally unique identifiers (GUIDs) for device drivers that Windows is prevented from installing. This policy setting takes precedence over any other policy setting that allows Windows to install a device.

If you enable this policy setting, Windows is prevented from installing or updating device drivers whose device setup class GUIDs appear in the list you create. If you enable this policy setting on a remote desktop server, the policy setting affects redirection of the specified devices from a remote desktop client to the remote desktop server.​
    Using policy settings here, you can either create a whitelist or a blacklist, either of individual devices or entire classes of devices (such as network adapters). These take effect when a device is removed and reinserted, so it will not affect the NIC built into the machine, provided you don't apply the setting to devices that are already installed.

You will need to reference the list of device setup classes to find the class for network adapters, which is {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}. Add this class to the blacklist, and soon afterward, nobody will be able to use USB network adapters.​
    Of course, since he has administrator rights on the machine, there's a chance that he might find your Group Policy setting and delete it. Here's another angle of attack:
    • Get/set the password for the local Administrator account.
    • If he tethers his phone after you've said "no", issue a remote shutdown command to his PC.
      shutdown /s /m \\boneheads_pc
    • Keep doing this until it sinks into his thick head that the house rules apply to him, too.
    This will set you up with a battle of wills. I prefer Kursah's solution of revoking his admin privileges.

Static~Charge, Jun 4, 2020
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Namslas90 Win User

admin WHICH IS ME has set policies to prevent this instillation

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

admin WHICH IS ME has set policies to prevent this instillation

1. admin WHICH IS ME has set policies to prevent this instillation - Similar Threads - admin has set

2. "The system administrator has set policies that prevent this installation."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The system administrator has set policies that prevent this installation.": Hi all,I bought a brand new Acer Predator laptop on Sunday, to assist in my side job of broadcasting. The only problem is that whenever I try to install the program that I need to, Production Truck from BlueFrame, it says "The system administrator has set policies that...
  3. "The system administrator has set policies that prevent this installation."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "The system administrator has set policies that prevent this installation.": Hi all,I bought a brand new Acer Predator laptop on Sunday, to assist in my side job of broadcasting. The only problem is that whenever I try to install the program that I need to, Production Truck from BlueFrame, it says "The system administrator has set policies that...
  4. system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation: the whole reason i bought this computer was to use my 3d printer and it wont let me download the software and i just get the "system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation" error. i already tried the gpedit.msc it doesnt exist on my computer i cannot...
  5. system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation

system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation: the whole reason i bought this computer was to use my 3d printer and it wont let me download the software and i just get the "system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation" error. i already tried the gpedit.msc it doesnt exist on my computer i cannot...
  6. system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation" when trying to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation" when trying to...: Hello, I have downloaded from the microsoft website the PC health check app to check the compatibility of my computer with windows 11. Unfortunatelly whenever I try to execute it i get the message "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation". I...
  8. "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation" when trying to...

"The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation" when trying to...: Hello, I have downloaded from the microsoft website the PC health check app to check the compatibility of my computer with windows 11. Unfortunatelly whenever I try to execute it i get the message "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation". I...
  9. System administrator has set policies to prevent this installation.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System administrator has set policies to prevent this installation.: I attempted to install an application that I need and I get the message: "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation." How do I get this application installed? I have very limited computer knowledge and am using the computer at the local library. I...
  10. The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation

in Windows 10 Customization
    The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation: I bought a new Lenovo laptop just last week. I have started college this week and need to install a program from the college to attend webinars as part of the course. When I first downloaded the program, it was blocked by Smart Screen, which I was able to disable with some...