Windows 10: Admin Window Stuck on Top

Discus and support Admin Window Stuck on Top in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, I've searched this subreddit and didn't see anything exactly the same. If I missed it, please link me. Whenever I have a window open that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Xendicore, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Admin Window Stuck on Top

Hey guys, I've searched this subreddit and didn't see anything exactly the same. If I missed it, please link me.

Whenever I have a window open that requires administrator privileges, I can't select another window by clicking on it. I can still alt+tab to those windows, they just don't respond to mouse-over/clicks until I switch to them.

It's not a huge problem, but it is pretty annoying. I was wondering if anyone had this issue before?

Edit: I realized I should probably specify just in case, but this IS regarding Windows 10 specifically.

submitted by /u/Xendicore
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Xendicore, Jan 20, 2021
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Slartybart, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Admin Window Stuck on Top

Windows 10 says I'm not admin

Hi Erina,

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

I would suggest you to go to control panel and check your user account status. Right click on the start button and select control panel in the menu. In the control panel, click on the 'view by' option in the top right and select 'large icons'. Now, click
    on 'User accounts' and check if your account is listed as Administrator. If it is not displayed as Admin account, click on the option 'Change user account type' and select 'Administrator' and apply changes. Try these steps and let us know the results. If you
    have already tried, please let us know what all troubleshooting steps you have tried so far, so that we can provided you suggestion accordingly.

Bennet Martin, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Admin Window Stuck on Top

1. Admin Window Stuck on Top - Similar Threads - Admin Window Stuck

2. Windows 11 taskbar stuck at the top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 taskbar stuck at the top: Hi AllAbout every other time I log on, the taskbar has moved itself to the top of the screen and won't move back down where I want it. The only way to rectify is to sign out and sign in when it then usually appears back at the bottom.I have tried:Run System File Checker1...
  3. Windows 11 taskbar stuck at the top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 taskbar stuck at the top: Hi AllAbout every other time I log on, the taskbar has moved itself to the top of the screen and won't move back down where I want it. The only way to rectify is to sign out and sign in when it then usually appears back at the bottom.I have tried:Run System File Checker1...
  4. Windows 11 taskbar stuck at the top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 taskbar stuck at the top: Hi AllAbout every other time I log on, the taskbar has moved itself to the top of the screen and won't move back down where I want it. The only way to rectify is to sign out and sign in when it then usually appears back at the bottom.Any ideas?D...
  5. Windows 11 taskbar stuck at the top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 taskbar stuck at the top: Hi AllAbout every other time I log on, the taskbar has moved itself to the top of the screen and won't move back down where I want it. The only way to rectify is to sign out and sign in when it then usually appears back at the bottom.Any ideas?D...
  6. Window stuck in aways-on-top mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Window stuck in aways-on-top mode: Version: Win10 Edu, 2004, x64 I have the unusual problem that sporadically a window gets stuck in always-on-top mode and there is no way to get it back to normal behavior except restarting the program. I don't really know how to reliably reproduce it and I only noticed this...
  7. Desk top display stuck

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desk top display stuck: I went to settings in the lower left of my pc. Somehow two boxes whith 6 apps ineach box appeared and the desktop wallpaper is dimmed and faded out. The task bar at the bottom has dissapeared and i cannot close those two boxes. I think they are pinned. Ihave shut down and...
  8. Windows are always getting stuck on top

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows are always getting stuck on top: Hello, I've got a rather strange problem. I've had this problem for months, since my last clean install, and I've just done a clean install of Win10 to find the issue still there. Ultimately, some windows are just getting stuck on top (of others). For example, if I open...
  9. Apps getting stuck on top

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps getting stuck on top: I've got a couple apps that seem to be stuck in an "Always on Top" state. That is, I have to minimize these apps before I can view anything that is behind it. I'm not even sure how it got to this state or what caused it. How does it get into that state in the first place, and...
  10. windows stuck in admin privilege

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows stuck in admin privilege: Dear all , is there any fix for that [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-stuck-in-admin-privilege/2ed5dd64-2dfa-4979-941c-37d46a9a354f"