Windows 10: Administration Account missing I only have standard account now

Discus and support Administration Account missing I only have standard account now in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; windows 10 I can only log in as guest at startup .I can.t perform any action like change install programs, revert to administrator accounts.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Eduart K, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Eduart K Win User

Administration Account missing I only have standard account now

windows 10 I can only log in as guest at startup .I can.t perform any action like change install programs, revert to administrator accounts. administrator account is missing basically .I have tried changing user account and the new small window comes up prompting me to use administrator and password details, but with no box option to type in . please anybody has any idea how to recover administrator account? Thanks!

:)

Eduart K, Jun 21, 2020
  2. Edgar Pan Win User

changing standard account to administrative account

Hi Kiran,

These changes cannot be made with a standard account. Since you changed the administrator account to a standard one, you will not be able to make any changes that affect other users on the computer.

If there is another administrator account on the computer, we suggest to login using that account and change your account to administrative account.

Follow the steps below on how to change your standard account to administrative account:

1. On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.

2. Click on User Accounts in Large Icons View.

3. Click on Manage another account.

4. Click on the standard account.

5. Click on Change Account Type and select Administrator.

6. Click on Change Account Type button and restart the computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Edgar Pan, Jun 21, 2020
  3. I don't have an administrator account and i have two accounts and they are both standard account.

Hi,

As per your description, I understand that you have two standard accounts in your computer and you want to convert the account to Administrator account.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the standard account to administrator and check if it helps.

• Press ‘Windows+X’ and go to ‘Control panel’.
    • Locate ‘User Accounts’ and click on it.
    • Click on ‘Change your account type’ and check the option
      ‘Administrator’ then click on ‘Change account type’.
    • Now your account will be changed as Administrator account.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jun 21, 2020
  4. E-one Win User

Is there still reason to use standard user account in Windows OS?

Hi all!

Suppose I'm the only user of the computer. Suppose I have User Account Control activated. Is there or are there still reasons to create and use standard user account for everyday work? As far as I understand, with User Account Control active I have the permissions of a standard user even if I'm logged on as an administrator. If I use administrator account for everyday work does User Account Control give me EXACTLY the same level of protection from viruses and malware and from making accidental system-wide changes as standard user account with active UAC? I don't imply that UAC protects me from viruses and malware. I use proper antivirus software for that.

In other words, do I get the same level of protection when I use administrator account with UAC enabled and when I use standard account with UAC enabled? Is it true that UAC turns an administrator account into what is know as a protected administrator account, basically, an administrator account that runs with standard user account privileges? Or does standard user account with UAC enabled gives me yet higher level of protection over administrator account with UAC enabled?

E-one, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Administration Account missing I only have standard account now - Similar Threads - Administration Account missing

2. I have changed my only administrator account to standard account and unable to any change...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have changed my only administrator account to standard account and unable to any change...: I have tried to change with cmd but it's not running as administrator and defender is not allowing me to do any type of change .I have also tried with control panel but defender again stopping me to do so ....
  3. I have changed my only administrator account to standard account and unable to any change...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have changed my only administrator account to standard account and unable to any change...: I have tried to change with cmd but it's not running as administrator and defender is not allowing me to do any type of change .I have also tried with control panel but defender again stopping me to do so ....
  4. Problem with Administrator/Standard Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Administrator/Standard Account: Hello! I accidentally changed two of my Microsoft accounts from "Administrator" to "Standard." I am now unable to do a lot of things, including reinstalling Windows 11, which I saw was an option for fixing this issue, ironically. I have tried typing "netplwiz" and running it,...
  5. Problem with Administrator/Standard Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Administrator/Standard Account: Hello! I accidentally changed two of my Microsoft accounts from "Administrator" to "Standard." I am now unable to do a lot of things, including reinstalling Windows 11, which I saw was an option for fixing this issue, ironically. I have tried typing "netplwiz" and running it,...
  6. how to create a standard account to administrative account ??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to create a standard account to administrative account ??: Hi! I have an standard account in my window 10 laptop and I want to create it as administrative account .I don`t find any solution plz help me in changing this .I have use command prompt also but when I type " net user administrator /active :yes " there come that "system...
  7. i have accidentally changed my administrator account to standard account

i have accidentally changed my administrator account to standard account: respected sir , i have accidentally changed my administrator account to a standard account and now when i try to sign in and enter the password it says wrong password so i sign in by using 3 questions. i dont have the administrator account . what can i do plz help...
  8. Changing Standard user account to Administrator account

Changing Standard user account to Administrator account: Split from this thread. how do I change administrator on this ProBook s series. administrator passed away gave this laptop to me but cannot change from owner guest to administrator? ***Original title: How do I change administrator on this laptop?***...
  9. changing standard account to administrator account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    changing standard account to administrator account: by mistakely I have changed administrator account to standard account please help me to solve problem I cant finding any solutions for this...
  10. Change from standard account to administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change from standard account to administrator account: I was setting on my admin account to stardard account. Now I cannot install any program.. I don't have full control to my pc. Please tell me how to change back to orginal setting....