Windows 10: Administration rights changed, Chrome doesn't work, other things

Discus and support Administration rights changed, Chrome doesn't work, other things in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Today when I used my laptop, I couldn't restart my computer, it said thing like "no power options available" and I couldn't open task manager,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/li46213, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Administration rights changed, Chrome doesn't work, other things

Today when I used my laptop, I couldn't restart my computer, it said thing like "no power options available" and I couldn't open task manager, "disabled by administrator". I have used these all the time in the past and definitely didn't do this.

Google Chrome doesn't work, as all pages are not responding. Windows defender didn't come up with anything. I also can't open gpited.msc, which a lot of articles were suggesting I do.

What should I do? Should I reset my PC?

submitted by /u/li46213
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/li46213, Feb 24, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Administration rights changed, Chrome doesn't work, other things [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Feb 24, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

Administration rights changed, Chrome doesn't work, other things

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Administration rights changed, Chrome doesn't work, other things [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

Administration rights changed, Chrome doesn't work, other things

1. Administration rights changed, Chrome doesn't work, other things - Similar Threads - Administration rights changed

2. Administrator rights changed on windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator rights changed on windows 10: Dear All,I had administrator rights in W10 64 but in my PC and today I realized that it changed and I am not able to install anything. I only use this PC, no one else. I have legal license for w10 and up to date. W10 installed on oct 2019, run well since then.Is it possible...
  3. Microphone on Chrome doesn't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone on Chrome doesn't work: For no apparent reason the microphone on Chrome stopped working on Search by Voice, You speak, it says "Listening" than message appears "Please check your microphone and audio levels" it says: Learn more, I have done all, suggestions, everything is as suggested but nothing...
  4. Certain things in taskbar among other things don't work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Certain things in taskbar among other things don't work.: This happened after the new windows update on 4/14/21. Everything was working fine until then. I got the computer at the end of 2019. After the new update there are a number of bugs but the ones that really prevent me are the fact that pressing f4 does not open screen...
  5. No audio output, mic doesn't work and other things

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio output, mic doesn't work and other things: Is my motherboard bad, or have I missed something?. This started with MSI B360M mobo, and four year old gigabyte video card. I have three monitors and use six desktops in my writing and image manipulation using Lightroom. Running Win 10 V 2004 patched so far. My window...
  6. Windows start and other things not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows start and other things not working: I cannot open the windows start menu. I can’t open internet explorer. I can’t open any settings or network settings so I can’t connect to wifi. I can’t type in the windows search bar either. I’ve tried multiple things and hasn’t worked....
  7. I lost my administrator rights on every thing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I lost my administrator rights on every thing: I am the only one user on my laptop and it states me as administrator in account settings but when i try to run any software as administrator or click on any option which requires administrator permission to access, it says"Windows cannot access the specified device path, or...
  8. pc doesn't work right

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc doesn't work right: I am trying to upload my vegas 11 editing software onto this windows 10 laptop. The message came up that it is corrupt. It works on my windows 7 computer. Why doesn't it work here? I'll have to reinstall windows 7. 10 doesn't work right...
  9. Right click doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right click doesn't work: I have a Microsoft HP Envy and the right click on the touchpad stopped working all of a sudden. Maybe the updates had something to do with it? I don't know how to fix it. The left click works fine....
  10. Reset, task manager, Google Chrome plus other things not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Reset, task manager, Google Chrome plus other things not working: I am suddenly unable to use Google Chrome (nothing happens), task manager (nothing happens). I have tried clicking on a system Reset, nothing happens. I have tried a restore, message says it is unable to start restore. PC is taking ages to come on and switch off. Other...