Windows 10: Administration rights

Discus and support Administration rights in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was trying to install a game and it said I had to sign in as an administrator in order to proceed with the update to the game. I frigged around with... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Stuart Galpin, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Administration rights

I was trying to install a game and it said I had to sign in as an administrator in order to proceed with the update to the game. I frigged around with the permissions and can't get back in to reset them to the original settings? What do i do?

:)

Stuart Galpin, Apr 4, 2020

2. Administrator Rights

We suggest creating a new local user account and delete the previous account. Check the article below and follow the steps given.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

Follow the steps below to delete user account.

• Press Windows + X, select the Control Panel.
    • Click User accounts.
    • Click Manage other account.
    • Enter administrator account password if prompted.
    • Click the account which you want to delete.
    • Click Delete the account.
    • Restart PC.
    Let us know how it goes.

Reymichael Ros, Apr 4, 2020
  3. DougS9614 Win User
    DougS9614, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Administration rights

No Administrator Rights On The PC (Windows 10)

Hi Fozia,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

To start Windows 10 in safe mode with command prompt:

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open Settings menu.
    • Select Update & security and click on Recovery.
    • Go to Advanced startup and select
      Restart now
    • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, select a startup setting as Safe Mode with command prompt by pressing the corresponding number.
    Step 2:

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from Windows Recovery Environment.

• Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:yes

3. Close the Command Prompt.

4. Try to login though Built in Administrator and change the other user account privileges to Administrator.

5. You may create new user account also and assign the administrative privileges to the account.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Administration rights

1. Administration rights - Similar Threads - Administration rights

2. How do I make my account an administrator? I lost administrative rights on my device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make my account an administrator? I lost administrative rights on my device.: I have an ASUS ROG Strix Windows 11 and for around 5 months now, I've been stuck without administrator access. I can't give permissions to any apps on my computer because when I am asked to, the "yes" button does not show up. There is only one account on my device and there...
  3. How do I make my account an administrator? I lost administrative rights on my device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make my account an administrator? I lost administrative rights on my device.: I have an ASUS ROG Strix Windows 11 and for around 5 months now, I've been stuck without administrator access. I can't give permissions to any apps on my computer because when I am asked to, the "yes" button does not show up. There is only one account on my device and there...
  4. My 'local admin' userid does not have administrative rights on my laptop - I don't understand

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My 'local admin' userid does not have administrative rights on my laptop - I don't understand: I set up a local administrator on my laptop lenovo yoga slim 6, Windows 11 Home v 22H2 following the instructions given in Windows help - create normal user without ID account, then change this normal user to admin. I ran "manage-bde -status" in the command prompt to get the...
  5. My 'local admin' userid does not have administrative rights on my laptop - I don't understand

My 'local admin' userid does not have administrative rights on my laptop - I don't understand: I set up a local administrator on my laptop lenovo yoga slim 6, Windows 11 Home v 22H2 following the instructions given in Windows help - create normal user without ID account, then change this normal user to admin. I ran "manage-bde -status" in the command prompt to get the...
  6. My security pin for my laptop is right. But it says my device is locked by an administrator

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My security pin for my laptop is right. But it says my device is locked by an administrator: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-security-pin-for-my-laptop-is-right-but-it-says/85a50963-8270-420f-bd71-33a5baf5ecac
  7. My security pin for my laptop is right. But it says my device is locked by an administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My security pin for my laptop is right. But it says my device is locked by an administrator: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-security-pin-for-my-laptop-is-right-but-it-says/85a50963-8270-420f-bd71-33a5baf5ecac
  8. My security pin for my laptop is right. But it says my device is locked by an administrator

9. I am trying to run Powershell with administrator but it wont let me right click and I cant...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to run Powershell with administrator but it wont let me right click and I cant...: I am not able to run windows PowerShell as well as other things as administrator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-run-powershell-with-administrator/538d8c8e-49e7-4de4-a697-483d5956054b
  10. I am trying to run Powershell with administrator but it wont let me right click and I cant...

I am trying to run Powershell with administrator but it wont let me right click and I cant...: I am not able to run windows PowerShell as well as other things as administrator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-run-powershell-with-administrator/538d8c8e-49e7-4de4-a697-483d5956054b