Windows 10: Administration user setup on Windows 10

Discus and support Administration user setup on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10. In Network and Sharing Centre, I am unable to turn on File and Printer Sharing. It allows me to select it but when I save and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BarryCummings2, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Administration user setup on Windows 10

I am running Windows 10. In Network and Sharing Centre, I am unable to turn on File and Printer Sharing. It allows me to select it but when I save and then go back in, it is turned off again.

I have followed many threads in various forums but have been unable to come up with a solution. I think the cause may be the set up of the built-in Administration user. When I run "net user" at the command prompt, I get only two entries. The first is "Administrator - Barry - Default Account"; the second is "Guest -WDAGUtilityAccount".

When I run the same account on my wife's (Identical) PC, the users are "Administrator - Default Account - Guest" and "Mary - WDAGUtilityAccount".

I don't pretend to know the structure and meaning of this output, but it's the only difference I can see between my PC (Barry) and that of my wife (Mary). But it would seem that I am an administrator who cannot turn on sharing, whereas she is not an administrator but she can turn it on.

I would be grateful for any assistance.

Thanks

Barry

:)

BarryCummings2, Oct 10, 2018

2. Windows 10 Administrator's Permission Needed. I AM THE ONLY USER!

Hi Quinton,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you are unable to play the game Civilization IV Gold Edition after upgrade to Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Please do let us know the following information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• As you have already created new user account, have you tried to log-in with that account and access the game?
    • Is this issue confined only to the specific game?

I suggest you to try few of the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the number of user accounts created on your laptop and also to ascertain the administrator account.

• Press Windows + R key together on your desktop screen.
    • Type netplwiz and hit Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

I suggest you to enable built-in administrator account, try to log-in with that account and access the game to check if there is any issues with the current user account.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt.
    • Type the following command and hit Enter: net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    • Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.
    Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Hope it helps. Try the above troubleshooting steps, reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 10, 2018
  3. I am an administrator but don't have access to my documents

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• How many user accounts are setup on the PC?
    I suggest you to check if issue persists in Hidden Admin account. Follow the steps to enable Hidden Admin:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type ‘net user administrator /active:yes’ and press Enter.

• Now check if issue persists on the Hidden admin account.
    Please get back to us with the results of the result of the proposed suggestion.

Giridhar J, Oct 10, 2018
  4. 95Viper Win User

Administration user setup on Windows 10

95Viper, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

Administration user setup on Windows 10

1. Administration user setup on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Administration user setup

2. Local user account setup windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local user account setup windows 10: So I was able to setup local account by add user, don't know email address, entered user name and password. perfect right? Not so fast. Rebooted and selected other user. It then wants and email and password. Since user was setup without email, I Clicked the keypad under the...
  3. Local user account setup windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local user account setup windows 10: So I was able to setup local account by add user, don't know email address, entered user name and password. perfect right? Not so fas. Rebooted and selected other user. I wants and email and password. Clicket the keypad and it then wants user name which is good but also asks...
  4. Local user account setup windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local user account setup windows 10: So I was able to setup local account by add user, don't know email address, entered user name and password. perfect right? Not so fas. Rebooted and selected other user. I wants and email and password. Clicket the keypad and it then wants user name which is good but also asks...
  5. Administrator local user account - Windows Hello Fingerprint setup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Administrator local user account - Windows Hello Fingerprint setup: Hi Microsoft Team, I have a problem using the features of Windows Hello Fingerprint. I used the local user account administrator as default login in my machine but when I setup the fingerprint it showed the message error "Sorry, something went wrong"? Any idea how to...
  6. Windows 10 User Account setup and defining

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 User Account setup and defining: My current LT with Windows 10 Home during installs, etc now say "you don't have authority...".when changing, installing things that did not produce an error before. " I suspect my "Account/User Profile" maybe corrupted but when I check my "Local Account" name, it says it is:...
  7. Windows 10 User Account setup and defining

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 User Account setup and defining: My current LT with Windows 10 Home during installs, etc now say "you don't have authority...".when changing, installing things that did not produce an error before. " I suspect my "Account/User Profile" maybe corrupted but when I check my "Local Account" name, it says it is:...
  8. Windows 10 first user setup.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 first user setup.: I just received a new Dell desktop with Window 10 Pro. As the first user and going through the initial setup I can't get past the birth date entry to continue the setup. The setup will not accept any birth date I enter and as a result I cannot continue. Don't know what to...
  9. Administrative User

Administrative User: I am an Administrator and the only user of this windows 10 machine. [ATTACH] However, I get told I am not an administrator by the following message. This is very frustrating Can I fix it? [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows 10 User Account Administrator

Windows 10 User Account Administrator: I tried to change the Administrator in my laptop through Windows 10, but somehow the laptop no longer has an Administrator on any of the user accounts. When I try to make a change to my computer using an app or program, I’m requested to provide admin permission through the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. command prompt admin hidden

2. ommand prompt admin is hidden

3. wdagutilityaccount windows 10 exploit