Windows 10: Administrative Email

Discus and support Administrative Email in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey, got a new computer and setup the Administrator email. Believed it said the password was saved. Well, no; and now I can't sign in as Administrator.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Pizzoaf, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Pizzoaf Win User

Administrative Email

Hey, got a new computer and setup the Administrator email. Believed it said the password was saved. Well, no; and now I can't sign in as Administrator. Tried the MS remedy, but all of the questions concerned this same email account which I had never used and could not answer. Can't speak to a "team" person for an answer. Who knows how to delete this account or get the password without getting suicidal?

:)

Pizzoaf, Feb 8, 2021
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Feb 8, 2021
  3. Windows 10 administrator e-mail

Hi Charlie,

To resolve your concern about changing the administrator email, we suggest for you to follow these steps and see if it helps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Select Change account type under User Accounts.
    • Click the user account you want to change on the computer.
    • Click on Change the account type.
    • Select Standard or Administrator.
    • Click the Change Account Type button.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Feb 8, 2021
  4. Administrative Email

HELP to Change Administrator Email on New Laptop

Hi Lian,

The email address that you are using in the Microsoft Store will be the email address that will appear as your administrator account. Signing in your son's Microsoft account in Xbox app might change the account that signed in to the Microsoft Store. That
    being said, we suggest that follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • In the Your Info tab, Under Your
      email and accounts, click on
      Sign
      in with a
      local
      account instead.
    • Enter the password for the Microsoft account to confirm that you are authorized to make the change, and then click on
      Next.
    • On the Switch to a Local Account
      page, enter a temporary local user name and password.
    • Click on Next to sign out from the Microsoft account and sign back in using the new local account password.
    • Go back to Accounts, and this time, click on Sign in a Microsoft account instead.
    • Fill up the information needed.

This step will change the email account linked on your administrator account. If you will let your son play on the Xbox app again, we suggest that you
    create a separate user account for him.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Janeane Cru, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

Administrative Email

1. Administrative Email - Similar Threads - Administrative Email

2. Bought another computer and need to change administrator and email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought another computer and need to change administrator and email: I bought an HP with Windows 10 on it. I need to clean it so I can load me as an administrator and my email. When I try to go in it says I have tried to many times unsuccessfully. Frustrated....
  3. Bought another computer and need to change administrator and email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bought another computer and need to change administrator and email: I bought an HP with Windows 10 on it. I need to clean it so I can load me as an administrator and my email. When I try to go in it says I have tried to many times unsuccessfully. Frustrated....
  4. Bought another computer and need to change administrator and email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I want to delete an administrator account which linked to my brother's email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to delete an administrator account which linked to my brother's email: I have used this laptop since 2022, and the main administrator account already appeared with my brother's email. Now he has his own laptop but there is still his onedrive, and his personal files on my laptop. I have created a local account with my email and set it as the...
  6. I want to delete an administrator account which linked to my brother's email

I want to delete an administrator account which linked to my brother's email: I have used this laptop since 2022, and the main administrator account already appeared with my brother's email. Now he has his own laptop but there is still his onedrive, and his personal files on my laptop. I have created a local account with my email and set it as the...
  7. How do I remove/change administrator email on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove/change administrator email on windows 11: Hello MicrosoftI have administrator email on windows 11 and someone hacked into my email and changed password and I can not acces this email anymore. I dont feel safe having this email as my administrator email on my windows computer.Can you help me and explain how can I...
  8. How do I remove/change administrator email on windows 11

How do I remove/change administrator email on windows 11: Hello MicrosoftI have administrator email on windows 11 and someone hacked into my email and changed password and I can not acces this email anymore. I dont feel safe having this email as my administrator email on my windows computer.Can you help me and explain how can I...
  9. How do I change the email address used on my administrator account?

How do I change the email address used on my administrator account?: A friend of mine signed into my laptop to do an exam for university and somehow his email has now become the one used by my PC for the administrator account. How do I remove his and reinstate my email address as the one used? Accessing account options through settings seems...
  10. How do I change the email address used on my administrator account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the email address used on my administrator account?: A friend of mine signed into my laptop to do an exam for university and somehow his email has now become the one used by my PC for the administrator account. How do I remove his and reinstate my email address as the one used? Accessing account options through settings seems...