Windows 10: Administrative issues and just general weirdness

Discus and support Administrative issues and just general weirdness in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A bunch of weird things started happening to my PC.Yesterday I went to update minecraft but I received a message saying something akin to "error, not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Andrew Sharkas, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Administrative issues and just general weirdness

A bunch of weird things started happening to my PC.Yesterday I went to update minecraft but I received a message saying something akin to "error, not administrator". I look around my files and it appears that some of them are fainted to a darker color, not too sure what that means. I checked my account and it is still saying to be administrative. Now, the weirdest thing happened; my desktop defaulted to a Lenovo background. Before this it was a slideshow of downloaded pics. I do own a lenovo laptop but I couldn't image how/why my computers connected.

:)

Andrew Sharkas, Aug 10, 2022
  2. SamuelLV Win User

'Generic PnP monitor' issue

Hello Angelica,

I would suggest you follow steps to update the monitor driver:

Press Windows + X keys

Choose Device manager

Click on Monitors

Right click on ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and click on update driver

Tap on Browse my computer for driver software

Tap on Let me pick from a list of available drivers

Choose ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and tap on Next

When you are done please restart the computer.

SamuelLV, Aug 10, 2022
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 10, 2022
  4. angus Win User

Administrative issues and just general weirdness

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Aug 10, 2022
Thema:

Administrative issues and just general weirdness

1. Administrative issues and just general weirdness - Similar Threads - Administrative issues general

2. Issues with audio and lag in general

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with audio and lag in general: I don't know where this should be posted, so I'm posting here since I saw someone else do it. I have spent ages searching, trying out different solutions and it hasn't worked. My audio seems to have these random popping and crackling stutters and this has been going on for...
  3. DPC And General Latency Issues

DPC And General Latency Issues: Hey all, i've started having latency and stuttering problems about a month ago august 2023 and ever since i've tried so many different fixes online including bios update, disabling and re-enabling devices in device manager, downloading new drivers for audio and wifi and a...
  4. Hello, I just faced a weird issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, I just faced a weird issue: As I was on my computer doing absolutely nothing cause I was checking my phone, the USB sound played 2 or 3 times. I have a laptop and literally no device was connected. Not even the power cord. I kinda freaked out. I have a Huawei laptop with Windows 11 on its latest update....
  5. Hello, I just faced a weird issue

Hello, I just faced a weird issue: As I was on my computer doing absolutely nothing cause I was checking my phone, the USB sound played 2 or 3 times. I have a laptop and literally no device was connected. Not even the power cord. I kinda freaked out. I have a Huawei laptop with Windows 11 on its latest update....
  6. Administrative issues and just general weirdness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrative issues and just general weirdness: A bunch of weird things started happening to my PC.Yesterday I went to update minecraft but I received a message saying something akin to "error, not administrator". I look around my files and it appears that some of them are fainted to a darker color, not too sure what that...
  7. Administrative issues and just general weirdness

Administrative issues and just general weirdness: A bunch of weird things started happening to my PC.Yesterday I went to update minecraft but I received a message saying something akin to "error, not administrator". I look around my files and it appears that some of them are fainted to a darker color, not too sure what that...
  8. General User with Administrative Privileges??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    General User with Administrative Privileges??: Currently running Win10 Pro 21H1 with a General User account. When I look in Settings, under my picture is my email address and the word Administrator. Sure enough, to execute a privileged command all I need to do is click "Yes" in the pop-up window asking for confirmation of...
  9. General Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    General Issue: Please tell me this also that my pc which i use is gifted to me and the person who gifted it has made their own oulook ID and also the first user now i have changed only the name which appears on the startup screen but not the name on the folder in C drive in users where...
  10. General screen display issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    General screen display issue: I have an ASUS laptop, nvidia with Windows 10. Last night, all of the sudden something changed about my screen. I may have hit a keyboard shortcut around the bottom left area but I'm not sure. It's difficult to describe precisely what the issue is, so I'll give an example to...