Windows 10: administrative login on personal computer

Discus and support administrative login on personal computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; one day my computer changed my administrative username to HP and also changed my password, now I cant do anything to computer . I cant update computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Elizabeth Winters, Apr 28, 2020.

1. administrative login on personal computer

one day my computer changed my administrative username to HP and also changed my password, now I cant do anything to computer . I cant update computer I cant install Microsoft 365 . I have no way to login to administrative account on personal computer! pls pls pls help

:)

Elizabeth Winters, Apr 28, 2020

2. Becoming the administrator on my own computer

Hi Joan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to enable the built-in Administrator account by following the steps below:

• Right click in the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the below command:
    Net user administrator active:yes

3. Restart the computer and login to the built-in Administrator account.

4. Delete the account which is not required and make the required account as Administrator.

5. Sign-out from the built-in administrator account and login to the other account which is made as the Administrator and check for status.

After creating a new Administrator account, disable the built-in Administrator account by following the steps below:

• Right click in the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the below command:
    Net user administrator active:no

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Apr 28, 2020
  4. administrative login on personal computer

Random account appeared on login to my computer

Hi Mathew,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I suggest you to try the below steps to remove the user account from your computer.

• Login to your computer through administrator account.

• Press Windows key + r and type
      netplwiz
      , hit Enter.

• Select the user account, you want to remove.

• Click on the Remove button.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

administrative login on personal computer

1. administrative login on personal computer - Similar Threads - administrative login personal

2. Computer stuck on Administrator login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer stuck on Administrator login: My computer is stuck on administrator login. It is a company device so booting into safe mode and creating a brand-new user isn't an option. Any ideas?...
  3. Computer stuck on Administrator login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer stuck on Administrator login: My computer is stuck on administrator login. It is a company device so booting into safe mode and creating a brand-new user isn't an option. Any ideas?...
  4. Computer stuck on Administrator login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Locked out by Administrator on a personal computer with no Administrator.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out by Administrator on a personal computer with no Administrator.: I have a new Dell Inspiron 15 laptop computer with Windows 10 which worked well. After not using it for 6 weeks, there were updates from Windows when I restarted. When I tried to login, the screen had a message that I was locked out by the Administrator. This is a personal...
  6. Locked out by Administrator on a personal computer with no Administrator.

Locked out by Administrator on a personal computer with no Administrator.: I have a new Dell Inspiron 15 laptop computer with Windows 10 which worked well. After not using it for 6 weeks, there were updates from Windows when I restarted. When I tried to login, the screen had a message that I was locked out by the Administrator. This is a personal...
  7. Locked out by Administrator on a personal computer with no Administrator.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Cannot login to personal computer without Microsoft account login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot login to personal computer without Microsoft account login: I am being FORCED to login to a Microsoft Account on Windows 10 before I can access my computer. Can someone explain to me how to use my own personal computer that I built and paid for myself without logging in to a Microsoft account and giving Microsoft access to use it’s...
  9. Cannot login to personal computer without Microsoft account login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot login to personal computer without Microsoft account login: I am being FORCED to login to a Microsoft Account on Windows 10 before I can access my computer. Can someone explain to me how to use my own personal computer that I built and paid for myself without logging in to a Microsoft account and giving Microsoft access to use it’s...
  10. Cannot login to personal computer without Microsoft account login