Windows 10: Administrative priveledge

Discus and support Administrative priveledge in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have W10, switched by Microsoft from my W7Pro.., I have a recent problem with privilege. I am the sole user. I am trying to install a purchased... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by rod irwin, Feb 6, 2021.

1. rod irwin Win User

Administrative priveledge

I have W10, switched by Microsoft from my W7Pro.., I have a recent problem with privilege. I am the sole user. I am trying to install a purchased commercial program from both a download, and. USB Thumb drive and get the message I dont seem to have privileges to install it! I have tried to verify security settings, Run as administrator etc. but I am unable to gain the privilege it demands.
    I really need this installation to complete an expensive purchase!
    -Any suggestions??

:)

rod irwin, Feb 6, 2021

2. Help with Administrator Priveledges

I'm trying to free up some space on my computer, but I can't do anything because I'm not an administrator, however, my account is listed as an administrator when I look it up. Please help.

Bowtieguy96, Feb 6, 2021
  3. Help with Administrator Priveledges

Please tell the forum what exactly it is that you cannot do and what message you get when you try.

Frederik Long, Feb 6, 2021
  4. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Administrative priveledge - Similar Threads - Administrative priveledge

2. [Windows Update] Permission error and unable to log in to built-in Administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Windows Update] Permission error and unable to log in to built-in Administrator account: So let's get straight to the point, I can't update my Windows. When I opened Windows Update settings, the display displayed `Something went wrong, Try to reopen Settings later.`image1.pngSo of course I was patient and waited, but it's been a week and my update display is...
  3. [Windows Update] Permission error and unable to log in to built-in Administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [Windows Update] Permission error and unable to log in to built-in Administrator account: So let's get straight to the point, I can't update my Windows. When I opened Windows Update settings, the display displayed `Something went wrong, Try to reopen Settings later.`image1.pngSo of course I was patient and waited, but it's been a week and my update display is...
  4. How do I get a new administrator password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get a new administrator password: Every time I click forgot password it restarts my computer and shows me the same screen please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-a-new-administrator-password/e09e449d-e500-44c3-85ab-7ced18cb98cc
  5. How do I get a new administrator password

How do I get a new administrator password: Every time I click forgot password it restarts my computer and shows me the same screen please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-a-new-administrator-password/e09e449d-e500-44c3-85ab-7ced18cb98cc
  6. How do I get a new administrator password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. how to enable virus and threat protection when it is blocked by administration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to enable virus and threat protection when it is blocked by administration: how to enable virus and threat protection when it is blocked bu administration https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-virus-and-threat-protection-when-it/cb35c929-0a09-4cf5-9a56-0cb312853c39
  8. how to enable virus and threat protection when it is blocked by administration

how to enable virus and threat protection when it is blocked by administration: how to enable virus and threat protection when it is blocked bu administration https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-virus-and-threat-protection-when-it/cb35c929-0a09-4cf5-9a56-0cb312853c39
  9. Give application permanent administrator priveledges

in Windows 10 Customization
    Give application permanent administrator priveledges: When running a program that requires administrator privileges to work, there is the annoying popup that requires me to click yes each time. If said program runs/restarts often, selecting the correct option becomes quite tedious. Is there a way to make the program...
  10. Help with Administrator Priveledges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Help with Administrator Priveledges: I'm trying to free up some space on my computer, but I can't do anything because I'm not an administrator, however, my account is listed as an administrator when I look it up. Please help....