Windows 10: Administrative rights in windows security

Discus and support Administrative rights in windows security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Recently I was checking my PC's protection and come to know that a setting in windows security app is off and can be turned on by the administration.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PriyanshuGarg, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Administrative rights in windows security

Recently I was checking my PC's protection and come to know that a setting in windows security app is off and can be turned on by the administration.

But here catch is I am the administration as there is an only single account on my PC

So can someone help how to figure it out? Administrative rights in windows security ecc12a0c-2ef4-44f3-9bae-a5d7c762acd2?upload=true.png Administrative rights in windows security 14165446-e913-4d46-87a7-266546c2895e?upload=true.png

:)

PriyanshuGarg, Oct 9, 2020
  2. Rick109 Win User

Administrator Rights not Accessible

• I am still not able to access administrative rights on windows 10. My security settings were reset on my MS account but that had no impact. I tried using the super admin rights under windows 10 pro but it asks me to sign in as an administrator. In order
      to establish/create administrative rights, I have to have administrative rights...catch 22.

Rick109, Oct 9, 2020
  3. No Administrator Rights On The PC (Windows 10)

Hi Fozia,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

To start Windows 10 in safe mode with command prompt:

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open Settings menu.
    • Select Update & security and click on Recovery.
    • Go to Advanced startup and select
      Restart now
    • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, select a startup setting as Safe Mode with command prompt by pressing the corresponding number.
    Step 2:

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from Windows Recovery Environment.

• Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:yes

3. Close the Command Prompt.

4. Try to login though Built in Administrator and change the other user account privileges to Administrator.

5. You may create new user account also and assign the administrative privileges to the account.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 9, 2020
  4. Administrative rights in windows security

Administrator Rights

We suggest creating a new local user account and delete the previous account. Check the article below and follow the steps given.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

Follow the steps below to delete user account.

• Press Windows + X, select the Control Panel.
    • Click User accounts.
    • Click Manage other account.
    • Enter administrator account password if prompted.
    • Click the account which you want to delete.
    • Click Delete the account.
    • Restart PC.
    Let us know how it goes.

Reymichael Ros, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

Administrative rights in windows security

1. Administrative rights in windows security - Similar Threads - Administrative rights security

2. Administrator Rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator Rights: My laptop had a hard disk crash, and someone replaced the drive for me and reinstalled Windows 10. I'm now having a problem where I can't install certain files, although my rights show as "Trusted Installer". I would like to change to "Administrator" rights I am the only one...
  3. administrative rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    administrative rights: I am trying to unzip a tar file and it says access denied, I need administrator rights. I am the administrator. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrative-rights/dd9a5a3e-1eb7-4b6e-a0fb-a52c00a2c1de
  4. Administrator rights

Administrator rights: I am logged in as Administrator, the only one on this computer. When I want to rename an image I am told I need Admnistrator rights. I click the left button offered and can then rename the image, but this step wastes time and should not be necessary.WHY is it telling me I...
  5. Administrator Rights

Administrator Rights: One day, don't know how long ago, I couldn't download stuff since then. I rubbed it off my shoulder until I really needed to download something and I did. Then I found out my administrator rights were wiped away from me for some reason. Again, don't know what. I've been...
  6. administrative rights

administrative rights: I need to obtain administrative rights on my PC. I forget how, but I made a mistake when I thought I was signing in as an Admin. Instead, I must have either locked myself out, or did something to make Admin unavailable. I was not able to remove any program or make any...
  7. Administrator Rights

Administrator Rights: I added my wife on my computer as a standard user, and I am the Administrator. Yet, she is able to see Device Manager (but can't make changes); and I am completely blocked from seeing Device Manager, and a screen pop-up says I am being blocked and to contact Admin. Yet I am...
  8. administrator rights

administrator rights: As owner and sole user of my PC I assumed I would be the administrator, but I have had notices that say I do not have permission to open some file or other and that I need administrator permission. Who, if not me, would that be and why would I need anybody else's permission...
  9. Administrator rights

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Administrator rights: Why am I only allowed a local account on my Laptop and in BIOS not allowed to change anything?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/administrator-rights/102aba95-9a9b-4232-9a3b-7c9978e37e6f
  10. administrator rights

administrator rights: i have accidently turned my administrator account to standard user account, i have tried everything to change it back but the PC is not allowing me to do so. what should i do to get all my administrator rights back?...