Windows 10: Administrative Rights on Bitlocker Activated Drive

Discus and support Administrative Rights on Bitlocker Activated Drive in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. I have a very strange issue to ask for assistance. Recently, I lost administrative rights to my own computer, via Computer Management, on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DanCasTech, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Administrative Rights on Bitlocker Activated Drive

Hello. I have a very strange issue to ask for assistance. Recently, I lost administrative rights to my own computer, via Computer Management, on my device. As follows, there are 2 standard accounts on the device and 0 administrative accounts. The default administrator is disabled and cannot be enabled on my device due to lack of privileges. I have also tried using recovery methods, such as booting into safe mode with command prompt, but each attempt fails because the drive has Bitlocker protection enabled, which is denying me access to change settings. I am not certain if there is any way to recover my rights on the drive but if it is to any avail, the device is running Windows 10 Professional. Thank you and have a nice day.

:)

DanCasTech, Jan 14, 2019
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Jan 14, 2019
  3. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Administrative Rights on Bitlocker Activated Drive

How to turn bitlocker "again" on a drive which was previously bitlocker decrypted? Please Help!

Hi,

Device encryption helps protect your data by encrypting ("scrambling") it. Only someone with the right encryption key (like a password) can decrypt ("unscramble") it.
    • Sign in to Windows with an administrator account.
    • Go to Start, enter encryption, and select
      Change device encryption settings
      from the list of results.
    • Select Manage BitLocker, select Turn on BitLocker, and then follow the instructions.
    Also, please refer to the below link and check if it helps.

Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide

Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide

Please let us know if the issue is resolved or you need any further assistance,

Thank you.

Have a good day!

Amarjeet_Paul, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

Administrative Rights on Bitlocker Activated Drive

1. Administrative Rights on Bitlocker Activated Drive - Similar Threads - Administrative Rights Bitlocker

2. Administrator Rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator Rights: My laptop had a hard disk crash, and someone replaced the drive for me and reinstalled Windows 10. I'm now having a problem where I can't install certain files, although my rights show as "Trusted Installer". I would like to change to "Administrator" rights I am the only one...
  3. administrative rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    administrative rights: I am trying to unzip a tar file and it says access denied, I need administrator rights. I am the administrator. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrative-rights/dd9a5a3e-1eb7-4b6e-a0fb-a52c00a2c1de
  4. Administrator rights

Administrator rights: I am logged in as Administrator, the only one on this computer. When I want to rename an image I am told I need Admnistrator rights. I click the left button offered and can then rename the image, but this step wastes time and should not be necessary.WHY is it telling me I...
  5. Administrator Rights

Administrator Rights: One day, don't know how long ago, I couldn't download stuff since then. I rubbed it off my shoulder until I really needed to download something and I did. Then I found out my administrator rights were wiped away from me for some reason. Again, don't know what. I've been...
  6. administrative rights

administrative rights: I need to obtain administrative rights on my PC. I forget how, but I made a mistake when I thought I was signing in as an Admin. Instead, I must have either locked myself out, or did something to make Admin unavailable. I was not able to remove any program or make any...
  7. Administrator Rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator Rights: I added my wife on my computer as a standard user, and I am the Administrator. Yet, she is able to see Device Manager (but can't make changes); and I am completely blocked from seeing Device Manager, and a screen pop-up says I am being blocked and to contact Admin. Yet I am...
  8. External Hard Drive Administrative Rights

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    External Hard Drive Administrative Rights: Oh goodness. I know. Here it goes again. Trust me, my situation is different. I have two external drives of which I am having trouble accessing/copying or moving folders to another drive. The error is 'You don't currently have permission to access this folder.' And now here...
  9. Lost administrative rights, bitlocker problem

Lost administrative rights, bitlocker problem: Unfortunately it has happened that I lost the administrative rights on my computer and now I have only a user account. I am unable to retrieve this default administrator account due to the lack of privileges. All troubleshooting methods I tried to use failed because the drive...
  10. Administrator rights

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Administrator rights: Why am I only allowed a local account on my Laptop and in BIOS not allowed to change anything?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/administrator-rights/102aba95-9a9b-4232-9a3b-7c9978e37e6f