Windows 10: Administrator access on Norton

Discus and support Administrator access on Norton in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I need to change setting on Norton, and when the log in as administrator window opens, the wrong user is shown with no option to choose the correct... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Rlacross, May 20, 2019.

1. Rlacross Win User

Administrator access on Norton

I need to change setting on Norton, and when the log in as administrator window opens, the wrong user is shown with no option to choose the correct user.

:)

Rlacross, May 20, 2019
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.

Hi Rebekah,

It's possible that you're not using an elevated command prompt, causing the Access Denied error. We suggest following these steps to properly disable the built-in administrator account:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste net user Administrator /active:no and press
      Enter
      . If the command isn't successful, please post a screenshot so that we can study it further.

Let us know if you're able to hide the administrator account after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, May 20, 2019
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, May 20, 2019
  4. Administrator access on Norton

Norton Security not loading with Windows 10 - Why?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community forums!

I would recommend you follow the below given steps and check if it fixes the issue.

I would suggest you to restart the Norton services from the services list, and set the Norton service to automatic.

Follow these steps to run Norton services:

Method 1:

Follow these steps to run Norton services

a. Press Windows key + R

b. In the run windows, type services.msc

c. It will open services windows

d. select norton services from the list of services

e. double click on it

f. At the top of the window, Make sure the service status is started and startup type is
    automatic.

g.Click apply and OK.

If this does not fix the issue, try uninstalling and reinstalling Norton software and check if it helps.

If the above steps do not help , I would suggest you to contact Norton for further help.

Let us know the status.

ThofikhAhamad, May 20, 2019
Thema:

Administrator access on Norton

1. Administrator access on Norton - Similar Threads - Administrator access Norton

2. norton

in Windows 10 Gaming
    norton: I had Microsoft*Norton on an old laptop. I want to transfer it to my new laptop. I have monthly fees charged to a credit card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/norton/b69952ed-c177-4ad4-849d-39b099501c4a
  3. Administrator Access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator Access: I inadvertently changed something in my settings and I have now lost Admin rights. When I click on anything that requires an Administrator I get the prompt to continue as an admin - but the error message doesn't give me a "yes" option - see below. I have tried googling...
  4. No administrator access

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No administrator access: My friend is trying to reset his windows but he can't because he doesn't have administrator access. Does any1 have any ideas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-administrator-access/97bcc286-90f9-4a94-a5d0-db66904987f2
  5. Administrator access

Administrator access: Hello, I'm running Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909, OS Build 18363.1139. Recently updated. I often get a note popped up telling me I can't perform an action because I need administrator access. Lately this happened after I defragmented the system hard drive. After rebooting,...
  6. Administrator access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator access: I lost my administrator access. I only have a single account on my PC. Whenever i try to delete a file or install something a window appears telling me to write an admin password, but the only option is No. I tried to add a new account but it doesn't let me. I also tried...
  7. Nortons Firewall Prevented Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Nortons Firewall Prevented Access: About a month ago I finally set up a sharing network between my two PC's. My old computer has Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit), and my new one is Windows 10 Professional (64-bit). Everything was working perfectly, and just last night, I was not able to access the shared...
  8. administrator access

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    administrator access: Hello. I am trying to create a backup not only of my files but also programmes that I have added e.g. Office. however/wherever I try to do that the error message is that Windows cannot access the specified device, file or drive and that I may not have the appropriate...
  9. Administrator Access

Administrator Access: Hello, I've received a used laptop from work. Unfortunately, an Administrator account has already been set and no one knows the access details. How can I remove the Administrator or give my account administrator rights? I've tried Computer Management - Local Users and...
  10. NORTON

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    NORTON: can I run norton and window defender at the same time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/norton/82de06c3-2960-4673-8e29-0437b53c64b1

Users found this page by searching for:

1. access norton as administrator

2. running norton as administrator does not allow setting changes

3. norton run as administrator