Windows 10: Administrator Access to Move Any File/Save Files

Discus and support Administrator Access to Move Any File/Save Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A few months ago I got a new laptop (HP Spectre x360) and immediately set up my own account through my Microsoft account so settings were synced. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MatthewKeller1, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Administrator Access to Move Any File/Save Files

A few months ago I got a new laptop (HP Spectre x360) and immediately set up my own account through my Microsoft account so settings were synced. I quickly noticed that any time I wanted to move a file, the pop-up asking for administrator permission would appear. This quickly became an annoyance as any time I needed to move something, I would need to check it. After doing a bit of work in VS Code, I went to save my progress but it gave me errors that I couldn't because I didn't have permission to. Since then, I have changed it so essentially all programs that I run with this user are ran in Admin mode. For most programs this works. However, when I tried to save a file from Paint and a few others, I would get an Error. Save interrupted every time. The only place that I could save pictures I edited to was the default Pictures folder. For some reason, this problem does not persist on the desktop. Originally I thought it was because I made the folders on my desktop with this account but some of the folders I PERSONALLY made in the Programs folder still require Admin permission to edit. Simple tasks such as extracting .zip folders fail unless I have already made the destination folder rather than automatically making one. I have tried everything from taking ownership of some folders to lowering/disabling UAC but nothing seems to work. If anyone has any tips or needs more information to make it so I do not need to give admin permission to edit everything I would be very grateful for your response!

:)

MatthewKeller1, Sep 16, 2019
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Sep 16, 2019
  3. GSquadron Win User
    Fable III corrupt save files

There are a lot of people which have problems with the save files.
    Every save i make, is corrupted. This means that even older ones are corrupted too.
    I have tried a lot of methods but none fixes the problem.
    Also, you are wrong with the url of save files.
    They are under C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Lionhead Studios\Fable 3\Saved Games

GSquadron, Sep 16, 2019
  4. Administrator Access to Move Any File/Save Files

cannot access file/or permissions

I have a file i need to run on Windows 7 Home Premium. I get the error message saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

So I right click and choose Properties to access the permissions but I cannot. In the Security tab I get a message saying, " You do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings.".

Next I boot into the Windows 7 Hidden Administrator Mode - and even with this I get all the same error messages.

Please help me as I really need to run This file.

John Phoenix, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

Administrator Access to Move Any File/Save Files

1. Administrator Access to Move Any File/Save Files - Similar Threads - Administrator Access Move

2. Can't move and access any app files

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't move and access any app files: I have recently tried moving some files from a game, Minecraft to be specific, and every time I try to do so I get a slightly different error, all of them related to some appx file. All of the encrypted folders have a yellow lock icon in the upper right corner Win10.All of...
  3. Can't move and access any app files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't move and access any app files: I have recently tried moving some files from a game, Minecraft to be specific, and every time I try to do so I get a slightly different error, all of them related to some appx file. All of the encrypted folders have a yellow lock icon in the upper right corner Win10.All of...
  4. Can't move and access any app files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Saving Access Denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Saving Access Denied: I can't save files to my C: drive, says Access Denied, you don't have permission to save files to this folder. How do I correct this, as my laptop worked fine one day and then can't save files the next day?...
  6. File Saving Access Denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Saving Access Denied: I can't save files to my C: drive, says Access Denied, you don't have permission to save files to this folder. How do I correct this, as my laptop worked fine one day and then can't save files the next day?...
  7. administrator blocked access to file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    administrator blocked access to file: when I try to open windows defender firewall I got an error that says a admin blocked the access to a file called mmc.exe or something like that, if I remember this started after I changed some user perms on if I'm correct on regedit but idk how to revert that change, someone...
  8. File Explorer Administrator Access?

File Explorer Administrator Access?: Is there a way to open Windows File Explorer in Administrative Mode to enable me to use it to delete files that require administrative access? In particular, I want to delete a non-Microsoft file in Windows\System32 called agentactivationruntimestarter.exe. Attempting to...
  9. Administrator denied access to files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator denied access to files: I'm having issues with installing iTunes. The previous iTunes libraries will not open as it says I don't have permissions. I've tried to change permissions and I have to have authority to do that. How do I fix this? Debbie...
  10. Access to shared folders but no access to save or move files

Access to shared folders but no access to save or move files: Clean install of w10. I am signed in w/a local account which is also an admin account on the PC I'm saving/moving too. I have read/write access to these folders but I cannot save to the folders. Any idea what's going on? [img] 18849