Windows 10: Administrator account apparently blocked on W10 Home Ed

Discus and support Administrator account apparently blocked on W10 Home Ed in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My laptop, an Acer Spin3, came pre-packaged with Windows 10 Home Edition and had upgrades to version 20H2, Build 19042.867. The current problem is that... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by paulking, Mar 31, 2021.

1. paulking Win User

Administrator account apparently blocked on W10 Home Ed

My laptop, an Acer Spin3, came pre-packaged with Windows 10 Home Edition and had upgrades to version 20H2, Build 19042.867. The current problem is that I cannot log into the Administrator account, which I enabled and am using a strong password. Since I use this password frequently, forgetting it isn't the problem.

I have resisted its nagging me on occasion to let it know my email address or whatnot, favouring a standard username/password pair for logging in. I am not interested in updates "across my devices". After the initial install, I created a joeuser account that accepted a username and password and enabled the Administrator account, which I used to downgrade joeuser to standard priveleges. I would be doing most of my computer work as joeuser (not the real username btw) on this laptop. For some time, there were no real problems, as I had done this on other laptops.

Recently, I had been asked to install drivers under the joeuser account using elevated priveleges, but it wouldn't accept the Administrator password on the only admin account I have. Up until today, this problem comes up any time any elevated priveleges are needed at all. For some of these issues, I could log on to my Administrator account directly (since it would accept my password that way), but as of today, I am not allowed to do that either. I am now effectively blocked from logging in as Administrator in any context.

There had been some major upgrades in the past week, and I am suspicious that this is the problem.

Any suggestions to diagnose and fix the problem are welcome.

Thank you.

:)

paulking, Mar 31, 2021
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Mar 31, 2021
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Administrator account apparently blocked on W10 Home Ed :(

Zakin, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Administrator account apparently blocked on W10 Home Ed

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hi guys

I have same issue in safe boot mode with networking!

First of all it blocks the networking

Then states:

Settings cant be opened using the built in administrator account sign in with different account and try again.

Yet clicking on windows i opens settings fine

It also states broadband blocked, yet I can happily get on the net but at first I couldn't.

When I asked about it the guy from Microsoft tech answers couldn't understand why I wanted to use safe boot mode with networking????????

After he did nothing to help but emailed some scripts which didn't refer to safe mode. I rebooted and suddenly safe mode with networking worked with the net but windows 10 still claims broadband is blocked!

Im also still getting the message on trying to unblock broadband:

cant be opened using the built in administrator account sign in with different account and try again.

What is going on there?

Lokiroarsamba, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

Administrator account apparently blocked on W10 Home Ed

1. Administrator account apparently blocked on W10 Home Ed - Similar Threads - Administrator account apparently

2. W10 administrator account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    W10 administrator account: I have 2 admin accounts. How can I prevent one of the admin account have access on my files. I want to keep files for myself and the browsers open. How can I do that?...
  3. W10 administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 administrator account: I have 2 admin accounts. How can I prevent one of the admin account have access on my files. I want to keep files for myself and the browsers open. How can I do that?...
  4. W10 administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. blocked by administrator

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    blocked by administrator: I am unable to install/set up device drivers; keeps saying I am blocked by administrator yet I am the only administrator. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocked-by-administrator/6d81a1ee-d269-4acc-b7cc-757e334c7e3d
  6. blocked by administrator

blocked by administrator: I am unable to install/set up device drivers; keeps saying I am blocked by administrator yet I am the only administrator. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocked-by-administrator/6d81a1ee-d269-4acc-b7cc-757e334c7e3d
  7. Transfer from PC with Windows 7 home ed. to new PC with Windows 10 home ed.

Transfer from PC with Windows 7 home ed. to new PC with Windows 10 home ed.: Hi, For my mother in law, I have to transfer the content from an old PC with Windows 7 home edition installed on it, to a new PC that has Windows 10 home edition installed on it. As far as possible, I would like to transfer not only the data but also the programs. Is the...
  8. My school account (it's gmail..) is apparently my administrator microsoft account, I'm...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My school account (it's gmail..) is apparently my administrator microsoft account, I'm...: So I have an administrator account (an email) on my computer. I vaguely remember making it my administrator account, VAGUELY. its my school account, heres the funny part, my school uses GMAIL, but it says its a microsoft account (it's not, 100%). I tried the password for it...
  9. Stuck in a loop in downloading, preparing, & installing v1809 in W10 Home Ed. v1803?

Stuck in a loop in downloading, preparing, & installing v1809 in W10 Home Ed. v1803?: Hello. I'm trying to upgrade a client's Intel NUC's W10 Home Ed. v1803 to v1809, but it's seems to stuck in a loop in downloading, preparing, and installing that never finishes (doesn't even ask me to reboot yet!). It already happened five times as shown in my uploaded...
  10. Administrator Block

Administrator Block: Clean installed Windows 10 on my Series 9 Samsung laptop. Also installed Samsung Software Update. It was quite useless. But it also plagues me on start up with a block for your protection dialog box at startup. I AM THE ADMINISTRATOR but the system doesn't think so. How do I...