Windows 10: Administrator account changed , need Help?

Discus and support Administrator account changed , need Help? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I need help to change my administrator back to my account, somehow it was changed to my daughters old account. Need HELP I have tried every password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lorbri23, Oct 8, 2020.

1. lorbri23 Win User

Administrator account changed , need Help?

I need help to change my administrator back to my account, somehow it was changed to my daughters old account. Need HELP

I have tried every password my daughter ever had no luck. She does not have a Microsoft account but I have had one for years. I have the newest version of Windows 10 on this laptop.

:)

lorbri23, Oct 8, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Oct 8, 2020
  3. how to change administrator on my computer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

As I understand that your administrator account has been changed to another account as administrator. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the account settings as administrator and check if it helps.

1. In the search type as “user accounts”.

2. Click on “change your account types”.

3. All the user accounts will be listed there, under your account you can select as administrator.

4. The account will be changed to administrator.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 8, 2020
  4. Administrator account changed , need Help?

Linking Microsoft Account to my Local Account Caused me to Lose Administrator Access

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to login to your temporary user account, enable built in administrator account and try to change the account settings.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Step 2: Follow the below steps,

• Type User Accounts in the Search box from the desktop and select
      Change the User Accounts.

• Here you will be able to see all the user accounts on your computer.

• Select the User account and see if it is a Standard user account or Administrator.

• If it is standard user then, change it to Administrator.

• Now, log out from the Built-in Administrator account and try to log-in with your Administrator account.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

Administrator account changed , need Help?

1. Administrator account changed , need Help? - Similar Threads - Administrator account changed

2. Administrative account- need help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrative account- need help: I can’t access my administrator account and I have one and only account which I can access is local account. I have been experiencing this issue for the past few months and it only showed me the system recovery point for yesterday. I have tried this following...
  3. Administrative account- need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrative account- need help: I can’t access my administrator account and I have one and only account which I can access is local account. I have been experiencing this issue for the past few months and it only showed me the system recovery point for yesterday. I have tried this following...
  4. Need help with administrative account

Need help with administrative account: I changed the administrator account to a standard account and the standard to an administrator account . When I tried to sign in it says that for the first time I am accessing the account which is not right. Later, I was asked to setup a pin for the new administrator account...
  5. Need help with administrative account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with administrative account: I changed the administrator account to a standard account and the standard to an administrator account . When I tried to sign in it says that for the first time I am accessing the account which is not right. Later, I was asked to setup a pin for the new administrator account...
  6. Need to change an administrator account into the owner account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to change an administrator account into the owner account: So, this is pretty frustrating and I've wasted hours trying to find a fix. Apparently I'm the only person to ever have this issue which I don't believe...So, when I first turned on my computer I started doing the setup. Somehow and I literally cannot fathom how, it...
  7. Need to change an administrator account into the owner account

Need to change an administrator account into the owner account: So, this is pretty frustrating and I've wasted hours trying to find a fix. Apparently I'm the only person to ever have this issue which I don't believe...So, when I first turned on my computer I started doing the setup. Somehow and I literally cannot fathom how, it...
  8. Need to change an administrator account into the owner account

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. need help accessing administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
    need help accessing administrator account: Hello A sever weather storm knocked out electricity which of course offset my electronics. When trying to establish a connection I entered the wrong email on my administrator account. The password I have for that does not work as it is not an msn accont. How do I...
  10. i need help to change from an administrator account to standard built in adminstrator...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i need help to change from an administrator account to standard built in adminstrator...: I want to change from an administrator account to standard built in administrator account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-to-change-from-an-administrator/74bdc9f0-0054-4eea-8139-93a365df7dca"