Windows 10: administrator account disappeared

Discus and support administrator account disappeared in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I’ve just changed the name of administrator account and get it unavailable. I have an error when trying to do anything on my computer, including... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kimberly Darling1, Jan 14, 2019.

1. administrator account disappeared

I’ve just changed the name of administrator account and get it unavailable. I have an error when trying to do anything on my computer, including problems with opening settings, locking the screen etc. The user accounts list disappeared, so I can't add a new user.

The error that I receive is RuntimeBroker.exe "No mapping between account names and security IDs was done." Another error is ms-settings:display "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create and association in the Default Programs control panel."

:)

Kimberly Darling1, Jan 14, 2019
  2. John Zab Win User

windows 10 administrator account disappeared

Hi,

To further isolate the issue regarding with the missing admin account, kindly give us details on the following:

• Which steps have you tried previously?
    • The admin account you lost, was it a Microsoft account or local account?
    In the meantime, you can enable the built-in Administrator account on your PC by trying these steps:

• Press Windows + X then select Run.
    • Type net user administrator / active:yes.
    • Close the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • The built-in administrator account will now be available to sign-into.
    We look forward to your response.

John Zab, Jan 14, 2019
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jan 14, 2019
  4. administrator account disappeared

Deleting an administrator account

Hi Imat,

Kindly follow the steps below to resolve this concern:

Step 1: Remove pin from your administrator account. Here's how:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Remove.
    • Tap Remove to confirm.
    • Type in your administrator password to verify.
    • Hit OK.

Step 2: Make your local account as an administrator account by following the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Select Change account type.
    • Under Account type, select Administrator.
    • Hit OK.
    • Restart your computer and sign in with your administrator account.

Step 3: Remove the old administrator account. Please follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Click on the admin account you want to remove and hit Remove button.
    • When you see a confirmation dialog, select Delete account and data.

Hope this information helps. In case you need further assistance, kindly reply to us.

Charianne Per, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

administrator account disappeared

1. administrator account disappeared - Similar Threads - administrator account disappeared

2. Administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator account: I have purchased Office365, but using a Microsoft account different from the account which I use to sign into Windows. Is it possible for me to change the administrator account to the one I used to purchase Office365?Kind regards,Padraig...
  3. Administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator account: I have purchased Office365, but using a Microsoft account different from the account which I use to sign into Windows. Is it possible for me to change the administrator account to the one I used to purchase Office365?Kind regards,Padraig...
  4. administrator account

administrator account: Hi. I am the new owner of my computer and I've been facing a particular problem on my pc. The problem is, that i can not setup any games/apps on my computer as it requires an Administrator account. There is no Administrator account on my pc as the old owner has forgotten the...
  5. Administrator account

Administrator account: I have a user account for Microsoft but also need an administrator account required by Turbo Tax to download their disc. I am the only owner of the computer and need to get an admin account next to my user account....
  6. My administrator account disappeared and I cant access it now.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My administrator account disappeared and I cant access it now.: I'm going to say everything I did from the beginning. At first I created a new user account, everything was normal and there weren't any issues. Then when I made this account the administrator, something really strange happened with the account, when I go into it, it says...
  7. Main Account (administrator rights) disappeared from login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Main Account (administrator rights) disappeared from login screen: A little background. I've had this laptop for a little over a year and it was given to me by my previous employer after I was laid off. It was cleaned, but it seemed they still had some administrator rights/password on the PC. Because the IT guys were also getting laid off, I...
  8. Administrator account named "Administrator"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator account named "Administrator": I have a administrator account named Administrator How do I delete it the remove account option is missing and I only have change password option I have my own administrator account under my own name however I cannot delete the admin account named administrator....
  9. Administrator account disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator account disappeared: Hello, So basically I think that I made my administrator account disappear. If I remember correctly I manually changed the administrator account's user in the program files folder which had a letter "ā" to a simple "a". After I applied the changes the search bar stopped...
  10. ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNTS

in Windows 10 Customization
    ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNTS: I HAVE 2 ADMINISTATOR ACCOUNTS AND WANT TO REMOVE ONE BUT IT ONLY GIVES ME A MANAGE BOX AND NOT A REMOVE BOX, HOW DO I REMOVE THE UNWANTED ACCOUNT. IF NOBODY KNOWS HOW, I WILL USE THIS PIECE OF **** FOR TARGET PRACTICE ON THE SHOOTING RANGE. IVE RESET AND TRIED EVERYTHING I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my administrator account disappeared