Windows 10: Administrator account disappeared

Discus and support Administrator account disappeared in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, So basically I think that I made my administrator account disappear. If I remember correctly I manually changed the administrator account's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 14'', Apr 2, 2020.

1. 14'' Win User

Administrator account disappeared

Hello,

So basically I think that I made my administrator account disappear.

If I remember correctly I manually changed the administrator account's user in the program files folder which had a letter "ā" to a simple "a". After I applied the changes the search bar stopped working - also the sound, date and language tabs in the bottom right stopped working.

So I restarted my pc and the next thing I know, there are only local accounts which I didn't see before on the lockscreen. The administrator account nowhere to be seen.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

14'', Apr 2, 2020
  2. John Zab Win User

windows 10 administrator account disappeared

Hi,

To further isolate the issue regarding with the missing admin account, kindly give us details on the following:

• Which steps have you tried previously?
    • The admin account you lost, was it a Microsoft account or local account?
    In the meantime, you can enable the built-in Administrator account on your PC by trying these steps:

• Press Windows + X then select Run.
    • Type net user administrator / active:yes.
    • Close the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • The built-in administrator account will now be available to sign-into.
    We look forward to your response.

John Zab, Apr 2, 2020
  3. administrator account disappeared

Hi Kimberly, my name is Max and I'm an independent advisor.

I suggest you enable hidden administrator account on your computer so that you can log in to the hidden admin account and check your original account.

Step 1: Tap on the Start Menu - Look for Command Prompt and Right-click on it - Run As Administrator - Type in the following command and click on Enter

net user administrator /active:yes

Step 2:

- Type in Exit and click on Enter.

- Restart the computer once - Log in to your Original Account. Check the error messages.

NighthawkX, Apr 2, 2020
  4. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Administrator account disappeared - Similar Threads - Administrator account disappeared

2. My administrator account disappeared and I cant access it now.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My administrator account disappeared and I cant access it now.: I'm going to say everything I did from the beginning. At first I created a new user account, everything was normal and there weren't any issues. Then when I made this account the administrator, something really strange happened with the account, when I go into it, it says...
  3. Main Account (administrator rights) disappeared from login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Main Account (administrator rights) disappeared from login screen: A little background. I've had this laptop for a little over a year and it was given to me by my previous employer after I was laid off. It was cleaned, but it seemed they still had some administrator rights/password on the PC. Because the IT guys were also getting laid off, I...
  4. Administrator account named "Administrator"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator account named "Administrator": I have a administrator account named Administrator How do I delete it the remove account option is missing and I only have change password option I have my own administrator account under my own name however I cannot delete the admin account named administrator....
  5. Administrator Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator Account: Please help my account isnt shown here as an administrator although it is [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-account/0bfd3b46-a00b-4a6c-99b8-b093755b8165
  6. No administrator account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No administrator account: I'm stuck in a blue screen that says you need to sign in as an administrator to continue, but there arent any administrator accounts on this PC. I can't go any further than this and I would really wish someone can advise me on how to get my pc started again....
  7. administrator account disappeared

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    administrator account disappeared: I’ve just changed the name of administrator account and get it unavailable. I have an error when trying to do anything on my computer, including problems with opening settings, locking the screen etc. The user accounts list disappeared, so I can't add a new user. The error...
  8. Administrative account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrative account: I want to login to administrative account. When I type netplwiz run command In my Windows 10 then a massage is displayed. [ATTACH] Please solve the problem as soon as possible....
  9. Administrator Account

Administrator Account: One of our user changed their administrator account to a local account. I'm trying to change it back to an administrator account, but you are always asked to sign in as the administrator. Kind of like a catch 22 situations -- does any one have a suggestion? Thanks, 65376
  10. Administrator Account

Administrator Account: Hi everyone, I had upgraded to Windows from windows 8.1 to windows 10. When I was on windows 8.1, I enabled built-in Administrator account and that is the only user which has the admin privileges. But after upgrading to windows 10 that built in Administrator is disabled...