Windows 10: Administrator account does not have administrator privileges

Discus and support Administrator account does not have administrator privileges in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello all, my default user account is set up as an administrator account yet still does not have all write privileges needed when installing to certain... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jamie_267, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Jamie_267 Win User

Administrator account does not have administrator privileges

Hello all, my default user account is set up as an administrator account yet still does not have all write privileges needed when installing to certain drives (C, in this case), and I believe it is causing problems with certain software working the way I need it to. Please help!

:)

Jamie_267, Sep 18, 2019

2. Never prompted to elevate privilege as administrator

OK, I tried Dinesh's tutorial. First, here's a list of accounts for my machine:

Administrator account does not have administrator privileges [​IMG]

I held down Shift and rebooted, and got the WinRE splash screen. I was prompted to log in, with "Dan" my only option:

If I clicked on "Don't see your account", I got this:

Is it suggesting that "Dan" is an administrator account? Oh, that it were so... I went back, selected the "Dan" account, and it booted into command prompt. I then attempted the first of Dinesh's instructions:

Hello darkness, my old friend... "Access Denied."

Dan

shortmort37, Sep 18, 2019
  3. Dell Touchpad uninstall administrator privileges

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

From the description of the issue, I understand that you are unable to uninstall drivers from Device Manager as it prompts saying log-in with administrator privileges, we will help you to resolve this issue.

I would recommend you to see if you are logged in administrator account, if not then enable it. Please follow the below steps to enable:

Step 1: I would suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account.

You need to run the command from an elevated command prompt. To do that follow the below steps:

• Press the Windows key + R from the keyboard to open the
      Run Command Dialog Box.

• Type cmd and right-click on the
      Command Prompt
      result that should appear.

• This opens a list of options at the bottom. Select
      Run as administrator

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:
      net user administrator /active:yes

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 18, 2019
  4. Administrator account does not have administrator privileges

Windows 10 PC not recognizing administrator privileges.

Hi Jade,

Damages within the components of your user profile can be one of the possible reasons why you are experiencing an issue with using its administrator privileges. To troubleshoot this concern, we suggest creating a new admin user profile. To be able to create
    a new administrator user profile, you would need to enable the built-in administrator in your Windows 10 device.

To enable the built-in administrator account, follow these steps:

• Using Search type CMD to open the Command Prompt. Right click on CMD then choose Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Yes.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type net user administrator /active:yes and then hit the Enter key.
    • You should see a message that the command completed successfully. Log out the user profile you are currently using, and you’ll now see the Administrator account as a choice on the login screen.
    • Using the built-in administrator account, create a new admin user profile.
    • Check if the same issue persists.

Note: The built-in administrator account has more privileges than a regular administrator account. Privileges that can easily generate a conflict on your system. We only recommend enabling the built-in administrator account for troubleshooting purposes and
    you have to disable it once you are done.

To disable the built-in administrator account, access the Command Prompt with administrator privileges. Type the command
    net user administrator /active:no and then hit the Enter key. The built-in administrator account will now be disabled, and shouldn’t show up on the login screen.

Update us with the results.

Darleen Pen, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

Administrator account does not have administrator privileges

1. Administrator account does not have administrator privileges - Similar Threads - Administrator account does

2. Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges: I have Administrator account enabled and the other account on my PC set to standard. I have password prompt active for every administrator privilege. It used to work fine. Always required Administrator password for ie opening Task Manager, uninstalling apps. Now certain apps...
  3. Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges: I have Administrator account enabled and the other account on my PC set to standard. I have password prompt active for every administrator privilege. It used to work fine. Always required Administrator password for ie opening Task Manager, uninstalling apps. Now certain apps...
  4. Don't have administrator privileges

Don't have administrator privileges: So my friend was over at my place over the weekend and messed up my laptop. I only have one account on my laptop and that is the administrator account. HE changed my account to "Owner of Devices" so now i don't have admin privileges, and i also don't have another account to...
  5. account administrator privileges?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    account administrator privileges?: Before installing a new motherboard and upgrading to windows 11 I was co administrator of a pc account. Not now. How can I recover .... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-administrator-privileges/ed399470-405d-4a34-868e-dcfd2975e0f3
  6. account administrator privileges?

account administrator privileges?: Before installing a new motherboard and upgrading to windows 11 I was co administrator of a pc account. Not now. How can I recover .... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-administrator-privileges/ed399470-405d-4a34-868e-dcfd2975e0f3
  7. Administrator account does not seem to have administrator privileges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator account does not seem to have administrator privileges: I have both local and microsoft accounts, both show as "Administrator". I've set both to be in the "Administrators" group. Yet I still can't use "run as administrator" on either account. There's no error message, just nothing happens at all. I've been all over the net...
  8. I, the administrator, do not have administrative privileges

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I, the administrator, do not have administrative privileges: So I'm trying to download some plugins for Cubase 10.5, but every time I try to save the actual plugin in the VST3 file it says "You don't currently have permission to access this folder." Ok, whatever, I right click the file location and edit properties, then permissions,...
  9. The account logon does not have the required administrative privileges to install the...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The account logon does not have the required administrative privileges to install the...: Checked community posts to solve this problem and advice generally advises to perform operations not available in my verions, like turning on or off user admin or typing into cmd promoter "User...."...
  10. Administrative account with no administrative privileges

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Administrative account with no administrative privileges: Lead up I have been working on an issue where a user cannot open attachments from Outlook in Word. This problem is caused by Word not being able to access the Fonts folder, I need to change the privileges, no clue how it keeps getting changed. Problem I cannot change the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. administrator does not have privileges