Windows 10: administrator account doesnt have admin rights

Discus and support administrator account doesnt have admin rights in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi I made new account on windows 10 and added my Microsoft account to sign in using email address etc. So now I am logged in to that, but everything I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DaveTQMold, Sep 24, 2018.

1. administrator account doesnt have admin rights

Hi

I made new account on windows 10 and added my Microsoft account to sign in using email address etc. So now I am logged in to that, but everything I do, like remove programs or change startup, asks me to sign in to an admin account, or says I don't have access. I checked in control panel, and my new account definitely has admin rights listed. But no go.

:)

DaveTQMold, Sep 24, 2018
  2. alexp999 Win User

Vista: How to give FULL admin rights to other accounts???

Doesnt me... I'm running vista. my account is an admin account I never get any annyoing messages or pop-ups. only for unsigned drivers or if kaspersky finds something, or blocks a pop-up

alexp999, Sep 24, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Vista: How to give FULL admin rights to other accounts???

I'm not sitting at my Vista machine right now, but I think it has something do with going into Computer Management, I think you need to add your user account to a group. Perhaps add your user account to the same groups that the built-in Administrator account is in.

That doesn't work in Vista. When you set an account as an admin account, it is really like setting it as a Power User in XP. It still bugs the crap out of you every time you try to do something that requires admin rights.

newtekie1, Sep 24, 2018
  4. Matt18 Win User

administrator account doesnt have admin rights

admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

administrator account doesnt have admin rights

1. administrator account doesnt have admin rights - Similar Threads - administrator account doesnt

2. Service Account Admin Rights

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Account Admin Rights: We're currently working on locking down our service accounts to least privileged by creating new policies on account creation and use. We're focusing on three categories at this time, interactive, set to all computers and admin rights on servers. I haven't been able to find...
  3. Service Account Admin Rights

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service Account Admin Rights: We're currently working on locking down our service accounts to least privileged by creating new policies on account creation and use. We're focusing on three categories at this time, interactive, set to all computers and admin rights on servers. I haven't been able to find...
  4. Help with Admin/Administrator accounts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Admin/Administrator accounts: It there any way to either add more security to your user account (third party or not) or configure some settings so another administrator cannot delete my profile without a password or something else? Not in the greatest household right now and I am constantly threatened...
  5. Admin Authorized User not having admin rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin Authorized User not having admin rights: The acct I use to login in, the same acct that I used to set up my system when I purchased it was set with Administrator rights. I am the ONLY user and not part of an organization or workplace server. At first glance when you look at acct from the logoff perspective or inside...
  6. Deleted Admin Account and have no access to admin rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleted Admin Account and have no access to admin rights: I have dual booted my MacBook Pro. In windows 10 I logged in as Admin and removed the account from membership tabs...So I am left only with standard user....Now I can not do any activity wherein admin rights are required.. I tried everything but not able to get back admin...
  7. Cortana not working due to not having admin rights, but I have confirmed admin rights.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana not working due to not having admin rights, but I have confirmed admin rights.: Hey everyone sorry if this is the incorrect place to post this but I've run out of options and have no idea what to do. I just got a Surface Book 2 and have logged into my Microsoft account just like on my desktop however on the Surface Book Cortana will take voice commands...
  8. Lost administration rights on admin account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost administration rights on admin account: I found another thread on the same topic, but it was "locked" - so here is another one: After recent update and several uninstall and installation procedures my account was not able to sign in to windows. While signing in with another user account and trying to use command...
  9. Give Local account with Admin rights, same access as "Administrator"?`

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Give Local account with Admin rights, same access as "Administrator"?`: I have discovered that there is a difference between the original local "Administrator" account and my (local) admin account. For instance my admin account cannot add a new user, whereas "Administrator" can. I absolutely do not want an MS online account - I want to have a...
  10. Administrator account do not have administrative rights always

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator account do not have administrative rights always: I tried this over several laptops to see if its corruption and the result is not . Accounts with Administrator rights do not have administrative privileges over all folders owned by Administrators group , that i either have to own the folder or add the user (administrator)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. admin account doesnt have admin rights

2. account doesnt have administrative rights but is local admin

3. this user doest have admin rights

4. mac admin account doesnt have admin access,
  5. administrator account doesnt have admin rights,
  6. local administrator account doesnt have administrative rights,
  7. administrator account doesnt have administrator rights,
  8. admin account doesnt have admin abilities,
  9. administrator account doesnt have administrative rights