Windows 10: Administrator account gets disabled when logging out

Discus and support Administrator account gets disabled when logging out in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Windows 10 - 1809 I have enabled the built-in Administrator account but as soon as I log off of any account I use to enable it the Administrator... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mick66pa, Oct 5, 2019.

1. mick66pa Win User

Administrator account gets disabled when logging out

Windows 10 - 1809

I have enabled the built-in Administrator account but as soon as I log off of any account I use to enable it the Administrator account reverts to being disabled and I cannot log into it. Interestingly I booted up in Safe Mode and enabled the Administrator account, rebooted and was able to then log into the Administrator account, while still logged in I checked the Administrator account in Manage and it was still disabled and I was therefore unable to log into it again. I need this account on my client machines in order to push down software to them.

Thanks.

:)

mick66pa, Oct 5, 2019
  2. WillRay Win User

Auto logging into disabled account Windows 10

I was able to fix this by doing the following:

• Boot up the computer, then kill the power after startup is complete.
    • Do step #1 again. (Two crashes within two minutes after startup will cause Windows to boot into Safe Mode automatically.)
    • You will be forcibly logged in to Safe Mode with the Administrator account.
    • Enable the Administrator account, and setup your normal account as needed.
    • Restart again, you will auto login as the Administrator account (which has now been enabled).
    • Log out of the Admin account, and log in with the normal account.
    • Disable the default Administrator account once again.

WillRay, Oct 5, 2019
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Oct 5, 2019
  4. Administrator account gets disabled when logging out

Linking Microsoft Account to my Local Account Caused me to Lose Administrator Access

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to login to your temporary user account, enable built in administrator account and try to change the account settings.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Step 2: Follow the below steps,

• Type User Accounts in the Search box from the desktop and select
      Change the User Accounts.

• Here you will be able to see all the user accounts on your computer.

• Select the User account and see if it is a Standard user account or Administrator.

• If it is standard user then, change it to Administrator.

• Now, log out from the Built-in Administrator account and try to log-in with your Administrator account.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

Administrator account gets disabled when logging out

1. Administrator account gets disabled when logging out - Similar Threads - Administrator account gets

2. In Windows 10, the administrator logged in to Microsoft personal account, how to log out of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Windows 10, the administrator logged in to Microsoft personal account, how to log out of...: You now need to log out of this account and log in to the new account on this computer. If I only log out of this account in Microsoft personal account, will the computer automatically log out of this account, or will this account be kept? If so, how do I log out of this...
  3. I cannot log out of my administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot log out of my administrator account: I can’t log out of an administrator account and Im not sure what to do. After I had factory reset my pc for storage, I encountered a chain of problems. #1 when my pc started to reinstall windows, it would stop at 64%, restart and repeat again, previously I had let it cycle...
  4. I cannot log out of my administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot log out of my administrator account: I can’t log out of an administrator account and Im not sure what to do. After I had factory reset my pc for storage, I encountered a chain of problems. #1 when my pc started to reinstall windows, it would stop at 64%, restart and repeat again, previously I had let it cycle...
  5. I cannot log out of my administrator account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Constantly getting logged out of Microsoft accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Constantly getting logged out of Microsoft accounts: It seemsthat I cannot stay logged into MS accounts for more than a week or two. Afterthat, I’m logged out and I have to provide my email and password. It is quiteirritating. Does thishappen to everybody and can it be fixed? Servicesand apps where this is happening:...
  7. Administrator account keeps getting disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator account keeps getting disabled: So, i wanted to install something in C:/Program Filesx86 andi didn't have permission, so i went on and granted my user every permission possible and nothing, then tried logging into Administrator account first time after a windows reset and didn't have it enabled, i went to...
  8. Log-in with disabled administrator account in safemode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Log-in with disabled administrator account in safemode: It used to be possible to login with a disabled administrator account in safemode. I'm unable to do this on current version of Windows 10 (1903). Is there any possibility to change this?...
  9. Getting out of "Administrator"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Getting out of "Administrator": I logged onto Administrator so I could check my Windows 10 Updates and to see if the System was working as it should. Everything was fine but when I went back my desktop had changed completely. I don't want to delete Administrator as I may use it later to check my Updates...
  10. Administrative account disabled

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrative account disabled: I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and wanted to get rid of the login screen password and turn off UAC because I find both of them annoying. After I tried to disable the main user password, it basically removed all permissions from my profile and I couldn't access...