Windows 10: Administrator Account has been disabled on Windows 10

Discus and support Administrator Account has been disabled on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; This article mentions various methods to fix your disabled administrator account on Windows 10. To access most of the features, you need administrator... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 2, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Administrator Account has been disabled on Windows 10

This article mentions various methods to fix your disabled administrator account on Windows 10. To access most of the features, you need administrator privilege on your PC. And, if you are not able to access the administrator account for some reason, it can prevent you from doing a lot of things on your computer. If you are facing a disabled administrator account problem, look no further. Here, I will be discussing some solutions to resolve this issue.

Administrator Account has been disabled on Windows 10 FIX-Disabled-Administrator-Account-on-Windows-10-500x214.png

Here are the methods that you can try if you are unable to access the administrator account on Windows 10:

1. Restart Windows in Safe Mode
    2. Activate Administrator account through Command Prompt
    3. Use Registry Editor
    4. Fix it through Group Policy Editor
    5. Create a new Administrator Account
    6. Use PowerShell to Enable Hidden Administrator Account

Let’s discuss these solutions in detail!

1] Restart Windows in Safe Mode

Check if you can log on to Windows as an administrator in Safe Mode even when your administrator account is disabled. To boot Windows 10 in Safe mode:

• Open the Settings app by pressing Windows + I shortcut key and then go to Updates & Security > Recovery tab.
    • Go to the Advanced Setup section and click on the Restart now button.
    • As Windows attempts to restart your system, you will see some options on the screen including Troubleshoot; click on it.
    • Then, click on Advanced options > Startup Settings and you will see an option called Enable Safe Mode.
    • Press the key assigned for Enable Safe Mode option and then Windows will start in safe mode.

Once there, see if you can log in. One in, do the following:

• Open Computer Management
    • Expand Local Users and Groups
    • Click Users, right-click Administrator in the right pane
    • Click Properties.
    • Click to clear the Account is disabled check box, and then click OK.
    2] Activate Administrator account through Command Prompt

Administrator Account has been disabled on Windows 10 admin-account-disabled.png

Try activating the administrator account using the command prompt and see if it is able to fix the problem. You can follow the below steps for that:

• First, press and hold the Shift key and then tap on the Restart option on your login screen. This will take you to Advanced Boot Options.
    • Now, click on the Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Command Prompt option
    • Choose a user account and enter the password to it.
    • When the Command Prompt opens up, execute this command in it: net user administrator /active:yes
    • Reboot your PC and check.

The above suggestions will help you if it is your admin account that has disabled.

The following suggestions will require you to be signed in as an administrator. So if it is someone else’s Admin account that has been disabled, you can try to re-enable it using the usual method or try these suggestions.

3] Use Registry Editor

Open Command Prompt using steps mentioned in method (2). Now, type regedit in CMD and press Enter button. Doing so will open up Registry Editor.

In Registry Editor, select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE present in the left panel and then click File > Load Hive option.

Administrator Account has been disabled on Windows 10 how-to-fix-disabled-administrator-account-in-windows-10-500x412.png

Next, browse the following location on your PC: C:\Windows\System32\config.

Here, you will see a file named SAM; click and open it.

Administrator Account has been disabled on Windows 10 how-to-fix-disabled-administrator-account-in-windows-10-1-500x378.png

Now, you need to go to the following path in Registry Editor:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SAM\Domains\Account\Users

In this location, you will see a 000001F4 key which you need to select. And then, double-click on the F binary value present on the right side.

Now, check for 0038 entry and see the first column showing 11. Replace this value with 10.

Finally, press the OK button and then close both Registry Editor and CMD to reboot your PC.

This should fix the disabled administrator account issue on Windows 10.

Related: How to Enable or Disable built-in Administrator account in Windows 10.

4] Fix it through Group Policy Editor

Group Policy Editor allows you to configure several policies and can be used to control user accounts. You can use it to fix disabled administrator account on Windows 10 PC by following below steps:

Open Run app using Windows Key + R hotkey. Type gpedit.msc and then click on OK to open Group Policy Editor.

In the Group Policy Editor, go to the following option:

Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options​

You will now see an Accounts: Administrator account status option in the right panel. Double click this option and a Properties window will open up.

Administrator Account has been disabled on Windows 10 how-to-fix-disabled-administrator-account-in-windows-10-2.png

Make sure the Enabled option is selected. If not, click on it and then press Apply > OK button.

5] Create a new Administrator Account

Try creating a new admin account on your PC if you still get a disabled administrator account problem. You can create a user account and then convert it to an Administrator account. Use the Settings app to create a new administrator account by following the below instructions:

• Open the Settings app and go to Accounts > Family & other users option.
    • Now, select Add someone else to this PC option from the right panel.
    • On the next prompt, select I don’t have this person’s sign-in information option.
    • Next, select Add a user without a Microsoft account, then enter the preferred name and password for your account, and then press the Next button.
    • You will now see the newly added account on the Accounts page. To make it an Administrator account, click on it and then select the Account Type option under it.
    • Set the Account Type to Administrator and press the OK button.

This will create an administrator account that you can start using.

6] Use PowerShell to Enable Hidden Administrator Account

Another trick to fix the disabled administrator account issue is to try enabling the hidden administrator account using Powershell.

Press Windows + X key to open up the shortcut menu and select Windows Powershell (Admin) option from it.

Alternately, go to the search box and type PowerShell and then open the Powershell app using the Run as administrator option.

Next, type and execute this command in Powershell:

Enable-LocalUser -Name "Administrator"

Doing so should enable you to access your administrator account on Windows 10.

Hopefully, this guide was helpful in case you were unable to access your administrator account on Windows 10.

Now read: Your IT administrator has disabled Windows Security

Administrator Account has been disabled on Windows 10 FIX-Disabled-Administrator-Account-on-Windows-10.png
    This article Administrator Account has been disabled on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jun 2, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Look at this thread,How to Delete a User Account in Windows 10, it may help. You can try the various methods.
    Make sure you are using an administrative account when removing the account or log on using the Administrator's account.

Or, if you are patient and know what you are doing, manually remove it.

Either way, Goodluck.

95Viper, Jun 2, 2021
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Administrator Account has been disabled on Windows 10 :(

Zakin, Jun 2, 2021
  4. Administrator Account has been disabled on Windows 10

i disable my administrator account

Here is the correct way to do such things:

• Create a spare admin account, same as you ask the locksmith to cut a spare house key.
    • Test the spare account, same as you would test the spare house key.
    • Promote your account to admin level.
    • Test your account.
    • Disable the Administrator account.
    By taking Step 5 as the first step, you painted yourself into a corner. You must now ask a friend to create a bootable Windows Repair flash disk, using the command RecoveryDrive.exe. Use it to boot your machine into Windows Repair Mode, then use System Restore
    to set Windows back to a point then the Administrator account was active.

Frederik Long, Jun 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Administrator Account has been disabled on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Administrator Account has

2. administrator has been disabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    administrator has been disabled.: I reset my laptophp and it has problems that administrator has been disabled.So I tried to fix it. I opened the command prompt and I did sfc/scannow.Verification 100% complete, but I got Windows resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.How can I fix it?...
  3. administrator has been disabled.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    administrator has been disabled.: I reset my laptophp and it has problems that administrator has been disabled.So I tried to fix it. I opened the command prompt and I did sfc/scannow.Verification 100% complete, but I got Windows resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.How can I fix it?...
  4. administrator has been disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Home account has been disabled, no administrator set-up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Home account has been disabled, no administrator set-up: We have an instance where we used a school account as the only one to access our personal Windows 10 laptop.The account is no longer active. We can't restore without an administrator, which was never set-up. Can't even start in Safe Mode with or without Command Prompt. Any...
  6. Home account has been disabled, no administrator set-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home account has been disabled, no administrator set-up: We have an instance where we used a school account as the only one to access our personal Windows 10 laptop.The account is no longer active. We can't restore without an administrator, which was never set-up. Can't even start in Safe Mode with or without Command Prompt. Any...
  7. Home account has been disabled, no administrator set-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Administrator: Your account has been...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator: Your account has been...: Administrator: Your account has been disabled. Please see your system administrator.What can I do in this situation? How can I install a Microsoft account?...
  9. Administrator. Your Account has been disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator. Your Account has been disabled: I have reset my daughters Lenovo laptop, but now i am getting an error message that won't let me get passed this screen. Please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-your-account-has-been-disabled/ffce44aa-ea17-400c-8537-e0d8a72b18ba
  10. account has been disabled

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    account has been disabled: hi, just bought a new dell with windows 10. During the point when you enter your new password and have to reenter the password the screen went haywire with flashing colours, it would not stop, so i turned the computer off. So i never got to set a password. So now when i...