Windows 10: administrator account issues

Discus and support administrator account issues in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, so I cannot get anybody on the phone for the life of me and the virtual assistant is zero help EVER! Anyways, I have been having issues for... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ZabrinaThompson, Apr 1, 2020.

1. administrator account issues

Hello, so I cannot get anybody on the phone for the life of me and the virtual assistant is zero help EVER! Anyways, I have been having issues for quite some time and failed to get any help. I have triple checked to see if I'm correct and it says that I am the administrator account holder but I cannot do certain things or click, open, read certain things. I do not know what the deal is but I am the only one who uses the computer so there shouldn't be anything that I am not allowed to click on or read so when it tells me its 'locked' its very frustrating. I cannot do other admin actions and I am so sick of being bossed around by my computer.

:)

ZabrinaThompson, Apr 1, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown administrator account issues :(

Zakin, Apr 1, 2020
  4. administrator account issues

Linking Microsoft Account to my Local Account Caused me to Lose Administrator Access

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to login to your temporary user account, enable built in administrator account and try to change the account settings.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Step 2: Follow the below steps,

• Type User Accounts in the Search box from the desktop and select
      Change the User Accounts.

• Here you will be able to see all the user accounts on your computer.

• Select the User account and see if it is a Standard user account or Administrator.

• If it is standard user then, change it to Administrator.

• Now, log out from the Built-in Administrator account and try to log-in with your Administrator account.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

administrator account issues

1. administrator account issues - Similar Threads - administrator account issues

2. Name issue on administration account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Name issue on administration account.: My Daughter used my Laptop and used her login to sign in to MS word, Now she is registed as the admin with her email address showing under my name. When I click to manage it then shows my name. Lower down on the email and account screen is her email account, I click manage...
  3. Administrator Account Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator Account Issues: my Laptop It Recently Had a Admin Account on it I deleted it. I have a Standard account aswell. I can download things but I can't setup anything without it showing a Pop up Saying that I need to Use a Administrator Name And password. I already Deleted It. The Popup just says...
  4. Administrator Account Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Administrator Account Issues: my Laptop It Recently Had a Admin Account on it I deleted it. I have a Standard account aswell. I can download things but I can't setup anything without it showing a Pop up Saying that I need to Use a Administrator Name And password. I already Deleted It. The Popup just says...
  5. Administrator Account Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Account Administrator Login Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Administrator Login Issue: Trying to login to my windows account on my desktop as administrator and it asks me for my windows password again, and I type in the same exact password, and it says it is incorrect. Not sure what to do to get logged in. I keep having account issues, and I'm pretty sure this...
  7. Account Administrator Login Issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Account Administrator Login Issue: Trying to login to my windows account on my desktop as administrator and it asks me for my windows password again, and I type in the same exact password, and it says it is incorrect. Not sure what to do to get logged in. I keep having account issues, and I'm pretty sure this...
  8. Administrator Account Issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator Account Issue: I had a computer that I upgraded to Windows 10 and removed all but one user account. There is no guest account showing in my users, but I just discovered that all my administrative information is being stored as Guest. I can't figure out how to transfer that information to my...
  9. Original Administrator Account Issue.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Original Administrator Account Issue.: So I deleted the original account the first one I had on my computer off of my computer and now when I'm trying to delete some of my files it says I need permission from the account that I deleted to do it. Help? sorry about the category if it's wrong I don't really know...
  10. Creating Administrator Account issues

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Creating Administrator Account issues: I added an Administrator account and set the User account to Standard. The standard account required the administrator password to perform some system changes, which is what I expected. When I logged into the administrator account I was unable to see the user account data on...